Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil a Bengal
(04-30-2016, 12:34 AM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, not that impressed with today's performance by our draft gurus.  
PFF gave Boyd a Grade of C+
Vigil got a C.

And PFF has a long standing history of winning football games right?

The Bengals know how to draft value.  Gotta trust the front office.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 10:37 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have no problem with our picks.. Boyd will be solid fit I felt no 1st round was a real #1 type pick and we have AJ.. Jackson adds depth to a need position ( hall gone, dennard injuried, Dre under performed) especially against the pass happy Steelers and Ravens.

We had LB still as a need position and we complain about lack of speed and versatility at that position and we then draft a LB with speed and versatility and a tackling machine.. most projected him in 4th round pick.. The organization liked him and took him in 3rd I really don;t have a problem with that.

Nail on the head.

DeSean will be a contributor this year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
can anyone find the airforce tape?

Mayock says the kid has an impressive tape against airforce but im having trouble finding it.

20 tackles against an option run team, must have been flying around the field on that Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:39 AM)TKUHL Wrote: pissed me off more than the J.Simpson pick.

Jeroem Simpson ended up being a better WR than 2 of the 5 drafted in front of him, and 5 of the 9 other WRa taken in the second round.

Bengals know a lot more than you when it comes to drafting players.
Reply/Quote
I have definately warmed up to the Vigil pick now. He is an athlete that can cover the whole field. He had 267 tackles
the last two seasons and 20 sacks. I didn't know all of this last night. The coaches already think he is league ready.

Said he looked like "that guy" on tape to Haslet and Geunther. Kuechly of course is who they are talkin about.

Highly doubt that but hey, never a bad thing to set your goals extremely high.

Plus Vigil played RB a bit and is always around the ball, had a lot of tackles for loss as well.

Good pick to me now but i still wanted a DT and Billings was still on the board.

Don't know if he is anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:50 AM)Benton Wrote: There's decent DL talent on the board and we bring in a situational linebacker.

Cover LB plays 60% of the snaps.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:31 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have definately warmed up to the Vigil pick now. He is an athlete that can cover the whole field. He had 267 tackles
the last two seasons and 20 sacks. I didn't know all of this last night. The coaches already think he is league ready.

Said he looked like "that guy" on tape to Haslet and Geunther. Kuechly of course is who they are talkin about.

Highly doubt that but hey, never a bad thing to set your goals extremely high.

Plus Vigil played RB a bit and is always around the ball, had a lot of tackles for loss as well.

Good pick to me now but i still wanted a DT and Billings was still on the board.

Don't know if he is anymore.

I think the main complaint for me is that he could have been taken later in the draft. Unless he is some well known secret that the rest of us are oblivious to....
Reply/Quote
Funny how when a guy goes much later than all the "experts" predict then all of the experts are considered wrong.

But when a guy is taken much higher than all the "experts" preeict then the team that took him is considered wrong.

Tha fact is Vigil may have been ranked this high by many other NFL teams.

What cracks me up is that so many people here are still calling for guys they wanted in the first or second even though every single NFL team has proven they were wrong to rated those guys that highly. Just look at how wrong so many people have been proven about Billings yet they all insist that they are better scouts than all 32 NFL teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jeroem Simpson ended up being a better WR than 2 of the 5 drafted in front of him, and 5 of the 9 other WRa taken in the second round.

Bengals know a lot more than you when it comes to drafting players.

Just because there were worse players drafted with Simpson doesn't mean that Simpson was good.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:36 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the main complaint for me is that he could have been taken later in the draft. Unless he is some well known secret that the rest of us are oblivious to....

Packers were going to take him right after us, they settled and reached for the other USU backer that isn't as good.
Reply/Quote
When we signed Dansby the team said he was a bridge player. Hopefully we get a couple good years out of Karlos and one more year out of Rey while Vigil and Dawson learn and grow.

Another things folks are missing is that Burfict has had micro-surgery. Those folks don't always make it to their next contract
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just because there were worse players drafted with Simpson doesn't mean that Simpson was good.

But it proves he was not the disaster many of you claim.  He was better than 2 of the 5 taken before him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how when a guy goes much later than all the "experts" predict then all of the experts are considered wrong.

But when a guy is taken much higher than all the "experts" preeict then the team that took him is considered wrong.

Tha fact is Vigil may have been ranked this high by many other NFL teams.

What cracks me up is that so many people here are still calling for guys they wanted in the first or second even though every single NFL team has proven they were wrong to rated those guys that highly.  Just look at how wrong so many people have been proven about Billings yet they all insist that they are better scouts than all 32 NFL teams.

Just like if Billings goes on to destroy OL's in the NFL we all were still wrong eh? Just cause he fell so far?

That doesn't make us wrong until he is a nobody at the NFL level. Doesn't matter where he goes in the draft.

Billings has a leg issue of some kind and that is why he is falling. Happens.

I agreed with you until your last paragraph.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:39 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Packers were going to take him right after us, they settled and reached for the other USU backer that isn't as good
That makes me feel a little better about it then. People on here act like no other team would have sniffed him till the 6th. I think he is a decent kid that needs to bulk up, but all the tape I can find isn't satisfying lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That makes me feel a little better about it then. People on here act like no other team would have sniffed him till the 6th. I think he is a decent kid that needs to bulk up, but all the tape I can find isn't satisfying lol.

I had to study up this morning on the guy cause i was right there with you last night.

Hated the pick then but like it now. Athletic cover backer is something this team needed for the future and the
coaches say Vigil is already league ready. That says something to me, he played in the same 4-3 base we run.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:39 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Packers were going to take him right after us, they settled and reached for the other USU backer that isn't as good.

Where did you hear this?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:42 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just like if Billings goes on to destroy OL's in the NFL we all were still wrong eh? Just cause he fell so far?

That doesn't make us wrong until he is a nobody at the NFL level. Doesn't matter where he goes in the draft.

Billings has a leg issue of some kind and that is why he is falling. Happens.

I agreed with you until your last paragraph.

All I am saying s that I trust the decisions of all 32 NFL teams over all the draft "experts" around here.

As I have said many times there is a lot of luck involved in the draft.  Even the best teams miss on first round picks.  But when a guy that a lot of people were wanting us to take in the first or second is still on the board in the fourth round I am guessing the NFL scouts know something that most of you don't.

So all  of you saying "we could have gotten Vigil in the 4th" don't have clue what you are talking about.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But it proves he was not the disaster many of you claim.  He was better than 2 of the 5 taken before him.

Who cares if he was better than 2 dumpster fires drafted before him. It's like saying we got a shit sandwich but at least we didn't get diarrhea soup.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who cares if he was better than 2 dumpster fires drafted before him. It's like saying we got a shit sandwich but at least we didn't get diarrhea soup.

the people who care are the people who acknowledge reality.

If you just judge the Bengals with 20/20 hindsight, or make it a game of 31 against 1 then you can make the Bengals look bad.  But if you look at it compared to what every other team did in a fair fashion the Simpson pick was not that bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: the people who care are the people who acknowledge reality.

If you just judge the Bengals with 20/20 hindsight, or make it a game of 31 against 1 then you can make the Bengals look bad.  But if you look at it compared to what every other team did in a fair fashion the Simpson pick was not that bad.

Only if you ignore the fact that the teams that missed ahead of us are franchises that show year after year they're bad at drafting talent. Simpson wasn't a good pick no matter how you try and spin it Fred.
Reply/Quote