Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Go Joe
https://www.aol.com/bengals-joe-burrow-decision-second-215314475.html

Out for the 2nd PS game.

Can't make the team in the tub..Go Kyle Shumur..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm on the fence about it. There's a part of me that believes he needs some reps. I dunno
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.aol.com/bengals-joe-burrow-decision-second-215314475.html

Out for the 2nd PS game.

Can't make the team in the tub..Go Kyle Shumur..

Playing it safe. I’m okay with it. I wonder if he plays a series or two next week though. Wouldn’t hurt to get a series or two the week before the opener (if he’s playing the opener). I’m fine with him not playing the opener to be safe too. I’d like to see him play, but I’m perfectly okay with playing it safe too.

I wonder if with only three preseason games if the 3rd becomes more of the dress rehearsal game and the first two are the heavy evaluation games.
Reply/Quote
I certainly don't want to see him hurt again if he's not 100 percent.
Reply/Quote
I don’t like this. He needs to get some reps.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 08:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I certainly don't want to see him hurt again if he's not 100 percent.

Hell, I don't want to see him hurt if he's 100%, but it is a contact sport..

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it... the way our D is playing he's getting decent reps in practice.

I do think game 3 however he needs to be out there
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If he’s 100% and full go then I don’t get the reason to hold him out. You’re either healthy or not…. This makes me think not, which makes me question the information coming out of Cinci.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 09:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he’s 100% and full go then I don’t get the reason to hold him out. You’re either healthy or not…. This makes me think not, which makes me question the information coming out of Cinci.

I've heard Tony Pike, who has been at practice, question his health more than once. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 09:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I've heard Tony Pike, who has been at practice, question his health more than once. 

Not sure he’d be going full pads MULTIPLE practice early if he wasn’t 100% healthy. Maybe it’s not smart to put him out there when they are still figuring out line and it just happens to be the place he tore his ACL.
Reply/Quote
Since they cleared him, he should play at least a little.

Tom Brady is 44, coming off a SB win, and knee surgery for a torn MCL. He still played 1 series at least in the first game.

...Unless Burrow isn't fully healthy, in which case why did they clear him?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Save Burrow for the Phins. That is all I have to say.

No need to throw him to those Washington wolves.

Get him a couple series against the Phins and gain a bit of chemistry. We are in weird years where we have to adjust.
Reply/Quote
If he's good to go, he needs to play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I was wanting him to play some this preseason and if he does get some reps I'll be fine with it. But now that he's getting back into a rhythm in camp I think we should just wait until the regular season. A series or two isn't gonna make a big difference. He's gonna be a little rusty when we play the vikes regardless just keep getting the offensive line the reps and get that starting lineup set.
Reply/Quote
If he’s going to start the season, he’ll need to feel the heat in the 3rd preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 08:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm on the fence about it. There's a part of me that believes he needs some reps. I dunno

All of me thinks he needs some reps. You could tell he was shaky as hell in the opener last year (early on at least). If he's healthy, I see no reason to coddle him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd park him until:
1- he's healthy
2- the ol is functional.

There's no point in putting him out there just hoping he can stay healthy and not take a beating.
Reply/Quote
The timing strikes me as odd. Announcing on Monday that he won't play on Friday

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 08:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I certainly don't want to see him hurt again if he's not 100 percent.

A 73 year old Tom Brady won the SB with a torn mcl. The bar has been set.
Reply/Quote
Have to think he gets a series in the last game vs Miami.

I don't think many ever expected him to play in the preseason, so I'm not getting overly worried yet. Maybe they are just sticking to a plan they laid out from the beginning. That's fine, I guess.

If he gets held out vs the Dolphins, that may be a bit more concerning. He probably needs a series or two before the live ammunition starts flying vs the Vikings.
Reply/Quote