Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O linemen still on the board.
Tevin Jenkins- PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 31
Jenkins is an absolute mauler in the run game, and he earned a 93.6 run-blocking grade at right tackle last season. While relatively untested in the Big 12, Jenkins only allowed 11 pressures on 623 pass-blocking snaps over the past two seasons.

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 26
We haven’t seen Little play since Week 1 of 2019. While some may look at that as a negative, that’s an incredible amount of development we have yet to see. We already saw considerable development from him as a sophomore in 2018, as he only allowed one pressure over his final seven games.

6. DILLON RADUNZ, NDSU
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 32
Radunz earned his spot here with a lights-out performance at the Senior Bowl, where he was the highest-graded tackle in the one-on-ones, throughout the week of practice and in the game itself. He’s a bit slim at just over 300 pounds, but he is an explosive athlete who gets by with a strong anchor.

7. SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 38
Cosmi is one of the most battle-tested tackles in this class when it comes to pass protection. He has played over 1,500 pass-blocking snaps between right and left tackle in his career and handled himself well this past season, earning a 90.7 pass-blocking grade.

9. JACKSON CARMAN, CLEMSON
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 48
Carman has legit movement skills for a 320-pound tackle. He’s still a bit of a work in progress in pass protection — he only earned a 77.1 pass-block grade last year — but he’s only a true junior with two years of starting experience.

10. LIAM EICHENBERG, NOTRE DAME
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 52
Eichenberg may be seen as a guard in the NFL, given the short 32 3/8-inch arms, but he has played left tackle for Notre Dame for the past three seasons. We saw his grades greatly improve every year over that span, culminating in an 89.9 overall grade this past season.

2. LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 44
Dickerson was hands down the best center in the country this past season and earned a 91.3 overall grade to lead the position. He’s played every offensive line position at one point or another in his college career. If it weren’t for the torn ACL he suffered in the SEC title game — the second ACL tear of his career — Dickerson would be a top-25 player in the class.

3. QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 51
Meinerz earned his spot with a dominant Senior Bowl week. He won 58% of his reps in the one-on-ones throughout the week of practices, which is all the more impressive considering the level-of-competition leap and the fact that he didn’t have a season this past fall.

4. WYATT DAVIS, OHIO STATE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 61
Davis has some of the best pass-blocking tape of any interior lineman in the class. Unfortunately, he also dealt with a recurring knee injury in 2020 that cost him multiple parts of games.

5. CREED HUMPHREY, OKLAHOMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 62
Humphrey has been starting at center for three seasons for the Sooners and didn’t allow a single sack in his career. He has the size and athleticism to play any position on the interior.

6. KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 687.
Green is one of the most explosive offensive linemen in the draft. After switching from defensive line early in his career, Green tied for the FBS lead for big-time blocks among interior linemen this past season.

TREY SMITH, TENNESSEE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 85
After an impressive true freshman campaign that saw him play well at multiple positions, Smith had his career derailed with injuries. He never quite developed the way many had hoped and only earned a 73.4 overall grade this past season.

For those thinking since we didn't take Sewell, all is lost.
Reply/Quote
That’s crazy depth. With any luck we’ll see a run on WR’s, QB’s, RB’s and CB’s to round out the first round and push even more options to us in round 2. Then we get two O line steals in 2-3. We spent lots of money on D in FA so we should go heavy on O in the draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kendrick Green rank 687? Let’s avoid that guy!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:19 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s crazy depth. With any luck we’ll see a run on WR’s, QB’s, RB’s and CB’s to round out the first round and push even more options to us in round 2. Then we get two O line steals in 2-3. We spent lots of money on D in FA so we should go heavy on O in the draft

And these are just the top rated. The line depth is very deep in this draft. There will be runs on WR's and QB's, plus teams going defense, so we will get one of these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Kendrick Green rank 687? Let’s avoid that guy!

I'm guessing that's a typo.
Reply/Quote
There will be a really good guy at 38, don’t sweat it. I’m guessing 4-6 go off the board still tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Kendrick Green rank 687? Let’s avoid that guy!

Yep, I noticed that, as well.  I was thinking, 687?  What in the heck is all the hype about?? LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Welp Raiders took a day 2 guy at 17 so that’s cool...pushes someone better down.
Reply/Quote
I actually liked Darrisaw more than Sewell. I think Sewell has a higher ceiling, but Darrisaw has a better fluidity. I doubt he lasts till the second though. Cosmi would be an upgrade, but I don't think he'll be there either.

We could take Eichenberg as I think he'll still be there in the second, but I dunno if he'll be ready to go when Jonah goes Jonah. He will be a solid tackle in a couple seasons but I don't think he's NFL ready.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I noticed that, as well.  I was thinking, 687?  What in the heck is all the hype about?? LOL

That's wrong... PFF has him as the #3 guard in this draft.
Reply/Quote
Raiders throw a wrench in Bengals plan. I heard the collective gulp from PBS as the pick was announced. If OL start flying off the board soon ......yikes.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:36 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Raiders throw a wrench in Bengals plan. I heard the collective gulp from PBS as the pick was announced. If OL start flying off the board soon ......yikes.

...not really. There are legit 10 guys on the board right now who can start day 1 and improve us. 10 aren’t going between now and 38.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...not really. There are legit 10 guys on the board right now who can start day 1 and improve us. 10 aren’t going between now and 38.

Recall the Bengals have selected top 5 guys that haven’t panned out so the further you get from the elite guys, the more risk you take. I don’t want to take liberties with Joe Burrow’s knees.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...not really. There are legit 10 guys on the board right now who can start day 1 and improve us. 10 aren’t going between now and 38.

10?

Who?

I've got maybe 3 of those left. Who are these 10 linemen?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:46 PM)Benton Wrote: 10?

Who?

Darrisaw/Jenkins/Cosmi/Radunz (at guard)/Eichenburg/Humphrey/Davis/Carmen (at guard)/Green
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Darrisaw/Jenkins/Cosmi/Radunz (at guard)/Eichenburg/Humphrey/Davis/Carmen (at guard)/Green

Plus Dickerson (health is only question)/Meinerz (still think he goes in the 2nd)/Little
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Darrisaw/Jenkins/Cosmi/Radunz (at guard)/Eichenburg/Humphrey/Davis/Carmen (at guard)/Green

Agree with Darrisaw, Cosmi and Carmen (at guard).

But...

A- That's only 9, even if we go with all of them.
B- 2-of-9 listed are guards, which don't help us much with the T issue. 

Our guards aren't great, but that isn't the looming issue. A guy on a 1-year deal and a guy who has only played 1/4 over games so far, is.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Agree with Darrisaw, Cosmi and Carmen (at guard).

But...

A- That's only 9, even if we go with all of them.
B- 2-of-9 listed are guards, which don't help us much with the T issue. 

Our guards aren't great, but that isn't the looming issue. A guy on a 1-year deal and a guy who has only played 1/4 over games so far, is.

Reiff is your tackle this year, don’t worry about where the guy is taken at he will fill one spot either way. If they take a tackle Reiff may kick inside, but he is locking down one spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:46 PM)Benton Wrote: 10?

Who?

(04-29-2021, 11:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Plus Dickerson (health is only question)/Meinerz (still think he goes in the 2nd)/Little

All of those players would be strong RG starters and allow Spain/XSF to battle for LG start/backup.

Some of those will be available in the 3rd. Those are all VERY strong players.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Reiff is your tackle this year, don’t worry about where the guy is taken at he will fill one spot either way. If they take a tackle Reiff may kick inside, but he is locking down one spot.

I'm good with Reiff. He isn't my concern.

But he's 1 tackle.

I get people not wanting to write Jonah off, but... we've gone down this road with other guys. We shouldn't just move on, but we shouldn't expect him to play a full season either. Dude can't cross the street without a cart.
Reply/Quote