Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-26-2018, 03:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You know I have been pimping Carter because I think he could be great SAM.  He and Lawson on the field together could be special.  I think they can get Carter as long as Key is still on Board.  But they may need to move back into the Second like you said or trade up in the 3rd round.  The Guy to keep an eye on Nate is that Edge player from USC, Uchenna Nwosu; the Bengals would move him to OLB at the next level.   He is special as well.

Carter has rare versatility, really hope we get him and Ragnow.

That was a nice pick by you with our 3rd round comp man.

Nwosu, hard name for me to spell but i do remember watching him and him standing out to me at USC.

We need a decent SAM backer, all of our LB's are either WILL or MIKE backers.

Another Trojan i like in this Draft is Rasheem Green the End.
Reply/Quote
As the draft approaches, I hope the Bengals use a few of their 11 picks to get better 2nd and 3rd round picks. I don't think we need 11 picks. If you factor in 3 of them being in round 7, we really only have 8 picks to jockey as little value for 7th round picks.

I am hoping Hernandez is there at 21 or by some miracle James drops to 21. If we could land Hernandez (may not be there either), my wish is trade up to get the center/guard next either Ragnow, Price or Daniels. I would love a combo of Hernandez/any of 3 center or Any of 3 centers and Wynn

The rest of the draft would just be gravy to me at that point
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Draft hasn't even started yet and this thread is already 5 pages in. Zoinks!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Draft hasn't even started yet and this thread is already 5 pages in. Zoinks!

It'll really ramp up if we take an instant-IR player again!

(04-26-2018, 12:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They messed up.  Belichek knows they did.  They have 2 years left with Brady and no answer.

This is my point.  They, according to you, have (including last year since they traded Jimmy G away) 3 years of the greatest QB of all time left.  Is Jimmy G so great that he's better than 3 years of Brady?  Possibly, but that's what makes the situation so absurd from the viewpoint of a fan of a team that hasn't won the SB in 50 years of trying.  They Patriots stuck with the greatest QB ever who put up a great performance in the SB and they're fools because the QB they didn't keep is already slated to win about 3 of the things himself.

It's just quite the larf that the best long-term and best short-term answers to QB can be on the same team at the same time.  I guess it's like Favre and Rodgers, you just can't have more than 1 great QB in the same room.
Reply/Quote
I know a long shot, but thoughts if Bengals drafted Jackson after a trade for AD for a 1st and 2nd round pick minimum.

I respect AD and don't think he is our problem, but at the same time he is not elite and will never be elite. The longer we stay with him, the longer our enthusiasm to find an elite QB continues.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a long shot, but thoughts if Bengals drafted Jackson after a trade for AD for a 1st and 2nd round pick minimum.

I respect AD and don't think he is our problem, but at the same time he is not elite and will never be elite. The longer we stay with him, the longer our enthusiasm to find an elite QB continues.

They would probably have to wait at least one full year before trading Dalton because Lamar will need some time to develop.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It'll really ramp up if we take an instant-IR player again!

What player(s) other than Price have the Bengals shown interest in that are currently injured?
I can't think of any that would be potential Day 1 picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: They would probably have to wait at least one full year before trading Dalton because Lamar will need some time to develop.

Yeah, if we were going to take a QB, he better damn well be polished.

Mayfield, Rosen and Rudolph are the only QB's that are somewhat.

Please no QB though, i want a Center first, then i am good.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a long shot, but thoughts if Bengals drafted Jackson after a trade for AD for a 1st and 2nd round pick minimum.

well there are no elites in this class.. So its best to wait for another year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What player(s) other than Price have the Bengals shown interest in that are currently injured?

Mike Mayock said during his Mock Draft last night that Leighton Vander Esch had a cervical neck issue that not all teams agree with, however, Vander Esch is saying that it isn't true today.
Reply/Quote

How about Buffalo for there 2 1st. Wouldn't love it but them, Arizona, and maybe Miami seem like the most likely options if we looked to trade him.

Take Jackson at 12, Ragnow 21, Wynn or Hernandez at 22, best OT in 2 or 3. Use the rest of the picks to upgrade the Defense.

Added bonus of Mccarron backing up Andy Dalton after he thought he got away.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Bengals could trade up and get the first pick in the draft and pick whomever they think is the best QB and they STILL won't trade AD this offseason.

It's just not going to happen.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:39 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Added bonus of Mccarron backing up Andy Dalton after he thought he got away.  Hilarious

That alone would make it a worthwhile trade. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Almost expect them to tank for a year to nab the next #1 overall pick, but I don't realistically see that happening..  Indy did it and their record since hasn't exactly been exemplary .

Indy is easily one of the worst teams in the league. They have Luck then no one else. They would be like the Browns without Luck.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Indy is easily one of the worst teams in the league.   They have Luck then no one else.   They would be like the Browns without Luck.

That might change under Frank Reich. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That might change under Frank Reich. Mellow

Doubtful. They have a talent issue. Not X and O’s.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Draft hasn't even started yet and this thread is already 5 pages in. Zoinks!

well it better hurry up aint got all day lol
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What player(s) other than Price have the Bengals shown interest in that are currently injured?

Ragnow, while said to be healthy now, is coming off of a season ending high ankle sprain suffered in October that he had to have surgery for. My brother had the same injury and the doctor said it would have been better if he had a clean break, had taken about a whole year for it to heal to 100%.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Doubtful.  They have a talent issue.  Not X and O’s.

Might be correct but i like Reich he was one of the coaches i wanted here if we moved on from Merv.

Which of course we didn't. They will have to have one hell of a Draft but if they get Quenton Nelson they will
have a much better run game right there and an All pro Guard on down the road.

Just happy we get them early so we should win easily before they get to gellin.

(04-26-2018, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well it better hurry up aint got all day lol

When the hell does the Draft start anyway?

I am itchin' here. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 05:57 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Ragnow, while said to be healthy now, is coming off of a season ending high ankle sprain suffered in October that he had to have surgery for. My brother had the same injury and the doctor said it would have been better if he had a clean break, had taken about a whole year for it to heal to 100%.

And yet he had a better Pro Day than about any other O-lineman.

He is over the injury, no problemo.
Reply/Quote