Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-came and went-no contract
(08-31-2022, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually his draft profile has him at 257 and lists a weakness as:
He needs to work on eliminating bad weight 
Fluctuating weight in-season needs to be monitored

Devin Asiasi Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

If you catch highlights in that Youtube vid, he looks every bit 270+.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
sounds like they like Asiasi's blocking as well.

all for it.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, I see he played at UCLA, now I recognize the name.

We must of liked something about him to take him over OJ Howard who is talented.

my guess is $$, Howard probably wanted over 3 M, we passed on that for a backup.. im guessing we got Asiasi for under 1 M, plus we signed guard from houston
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you catch highlights in that Youtube vid, he looks every bit 270+.

Yeah, he looks big but also looks like he has decent hands. Makes some nice catches.

I remember him at UCLA, thanks for the vid Rfaulk.

(08-31-2022, 03:06 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: sounds like they like Asiasi's blocking as well.  

all for it.

Good, I like a versatile TE.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: my guess is $$, Howard probably wanted over 3 M, we passed on that for a backup.. im guessing we got Asiasi for under 1 M, plus we signed guard from houston

Must be, love picking up Scharping. That made my day. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad

Big dude, seems really overweight for a TE.

No, just under tall.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you catch highlights in that Youtube vid, he looks every bit 270+.

Full back?
Reply/Quote
Long time reader who rarely posts, but I just copied and pasted below from something I just read online.  According to this, Howard may not be "off the table" despite the Asiasi signing....

"According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport during a television appearance, the Bengals still want to add Howard. That came after Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told reporters on scene that there were no more planned transactions for the day, per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.

Meaning, Howard could still sign tomorrow. He’s in the building and doing the routine things like taking a physical. The addition of Asiasi does make it more complex though, as adding a fourth tight end might mean losing a player at another position. That, or they have plans to throw one of, if not both Drew Sample and Mitchell Wilcox on injured reserve.

Either way, the latest update says the Bengals and Howard could still come to an agreement as early as Thursday."

Take it for what it's worth, but interesting if true.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: my guess is $$, Howard probably wanted over 3 M, we passed on that for a backup.. im guessing we got Asiasi for under 1 M, plus we signed guard from houston

He has that kind of money from his guaranteed contract from the Bills.  It is just as probable that Howard was the back up plan in case they didn't get Asiasi so it never got as far as a final discussion about money

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote: He has that kind of money from his guaranteed contract from the Bills.  It is just as probable that Howard was the back up plan in case they didn't get Asiasi so it never got as far as a final discussion about money

That seems like the opposite order there on who should be the backup plan.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 04:55 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: Long time reader who rarely posts, but I just copied and pasted below from something I just read online.  According to this, Howard may not be "off the table" despite the Asiasi signing....

"According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport during a television appearance, the Bengals still want to add Howard. That came after Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told reporters on scene that there were no more planned transactions for the day, per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.

Meaning, Howard could still sign tomorrow. He’s in the building and doing the routine things like taking a physical. The addition of Asiasi does make it more complex though, as adding a fourth tight end might mean losing a player at another position. That, or they have plans to throw one of, if not both Drew Sample and Mitchell Wilcox on injured reserve.

Either way, the latest update says the Bengals and Howard could still come to an agreement as early as Thursday."

Wow........... that's pretty crazy. 

If it's true, they must be very impressed with Howard. 

They also must have some crazy ideas with formations to run, or they're just getting insurance for Hurst, or they plan on rotating Hurst and OJ.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:06 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: sounds like they like Asiasi's blocking as well.  

all for it.

After Hurst I don't expect them to bring any TE here for pass catching ability, they need TE's who can block.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I dont think Sample is beter than current OJ at all. You'll see throughout the year. 

I'll watch... Bucs let him walk without Gronk, Bills paid him to leave.  We will see.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 04:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No, just under tall.... Hilarious

Lol

(08-31-2022, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Full back?

Thought that for a second when I saw those dimensions.

(08-31-2022, 04:55 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: Long time reader who rarely posts, but I just copied and pasted below from something I just read online.  According to this, Howard may not be "off the table" despite the Asiasi signing....

Thanks TigerStripes. Nice post that gives me some hope we still sign OJ Howard. From what I seen in Asiasi's highlights
he doesn't look better than Howard at all. Maybe he is a better blocker? I think our injury to Drew Sample might be worse
than we were told if this is the case.
Reply/Quote
If they really sign Howard the next announcement will be Wilcox to IR.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:24 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Sample is an average blocker that would of been available round 5. OJ is most definitely an upgrade.

Sample's Run and Pass blocking grades double OJ's who was 3rd worst out of 70 TE's last season.  Definitely NOT an upgrade.

Reply/Quote
I’d really like to add Howard. Hope it works out.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 05:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: If they really sign Howard the next announcement will be Wilcox to IR.

See the same thing, both Drew and Mitchell might both be going to IR if we are wanting to add 2 TE's to the roster.

(08-31-2022, 05:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sample's Run and Pass blocking grades double OJ's who was 3rd worst out of 70 TE's last season.  Definitely NOT an upgrade.

For sure as a blocker, but as a pass catcher OJ Howard is an upgrade if he isn't hobbled.

But Sample is hobbled so he could be an upgrade over him here too as availability is the best ability.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: See the same thing, both Drew and Mitchell might both be going to IR if we are wanting to add 2 TE's to the roster.

For sure as a blocker, but as a pass catcher OJ Howard is an upgrade if he isn't hobbled.

But Sample is hobbled so he could be an upgrade over him here too as availability is the best ability.

Drew returned to practice today so that option is more and more unlikely

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He’s got the name but has the got the game anymore.

Catchy, hey!
Reply/Quote