Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT Jordan Mills visiting
Well...Cordy Glenn gets hurt a decent bit so chances are we'll be playing a 3rd Tackle at some point.
Reply/Quote
The Bills signed Jake Fisher. We must retaliate and sign one of their free agents!
Reply/Quote
if anything no gaurenteed money 1 year deal that we can cut before the season...

But need guys for OTAs coming up before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 01:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bills signed Jake Fisher. We must retaliate and sign one of their free agents!

There's a weird bromance between the Bengals and the Bills.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've got no problem with this guy being brought in as a backup swing Tackle. He's made every start for the past 3 seasons, so at least they know that he's not going to pee down his leg, if he does get put in a game. Yeah, he's not great. But ask yourself this; How comfortable would you be if the Bengals went into the draft, without even having any sort of backup plan?

Good points and i wouldn't be near as comfortable if we didn't sign Hart and have a backup plan. Would like for us to sign this guy too cause as you say he has a lot of starts under his belt and that is nice to have in a backup. Bottom line is both of these guys should be backups. We need to draft a RT in the first or 2nd round, doubt either of these guys would beat out an early draft pick but if they do its all good.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well Winston was getting old.

Hate to bring it up again, but...barring death we're all getting old.. Get old or die is my motto.. No other options exist at the moment.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 12:57 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: It's pretty funny that the Bengals swore up and down they had no choice but to extend Hart and there were no other options out there but here they are bringing in a guy who's pretty similar to Hart, except he's a few years older.

So given that, would you not also take Hart over this guy?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What would Hart 'imploding' look like? 

[Image: usa_today_10396668.0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Please no.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don’t understand why some of you question if the Bengals have a back up plan for the O line.

It’s obvious that their plan is to start back ups.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good points and i wouldn't be near as comfortable if we didn't sign Hart and have a backup plan. Would like for us to sign this guy too cause as you say he has a lot of starts under his belt and that is nice to have in a backup. Bottom line is both of these guys should be backups. We need to draft a RT in the first or 2nd round, doubt either of these guys would beat out an early draft pick but if they do its all good.

Not sure this guy is our fit. Not reading a lot of positive about him. Yet, I'm sure Troy could spin this in a "WTF did you expect us to do? Wow! You fans don't know your footballs!" 

Reply/Quote
We may not agree with this thinking but it may open the door for being able to draft a more raw prospect like Tytus Howard (already visited) over a more polished but lower projected ceiling prospect. They're going to need depth, and I doubt they plan on having two rookie tackles to round out the roster with all the other needs.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 01:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Is he better than Bobby Hart? Thats all i want to know.

He essentially IS Bobby Hart. Nearly identical (awful) PFF ratings. Managed to start on some bad lines for New York football teams.

(04-01-2019, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've got no problem with this guy being brought in as a backup swing Tackle.  He's made every start for the past 3 seasons, so at least they know that he's not going to pee down his leg, if he does get put in a game.  Yeah, he's not great.  But ask yourself this;  How comfortable would you be if the Bengals went into the draft, without even having any sort of backup plan?

I thought Bobby Hart was the backup plan (in case we don't get a good Tackle prospect)? 

If we bring this guy in and don't draft someone (which would be inexcusable, imo), I'd say Hart vs Mills should be an open competition. 

Hart certainly hasn't earned anything.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure this guy is our fit. Not reading a lot of positive about him. Yet, I'm sure Troy could spin this in a "WTF did you expect us to do? Wow! You fans don't know your footballs!" 

Not sure what Troy is worse at. PR or ability to find decent tackles in free agency.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He essentially IS Bobby Hart. Nearly identical (awful) PFF ratings. Managed to start on some bad lines for New York football teams.

I thought Bobby Hart was the backup plan (in case we don't get a good Tackle prospect)? 

If we bring this guy in and don't draft someone (which would be inexcusable, imo), I'd say Hart vs Mills should be an open competition. 

Hart certainly hasn't earned anything.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say what they are seeing in guys like Hart and Mills, is that they are gritty players and don't have injury tendencies.  They might feel that technique can be coached, but physical durability is a good quality to have.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The all-out assault on Bill & Giant leftovers continues unabated. It’s the path to success. You’d have to be dumb not to see it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 01:50 PM)Bryan Wrote: There's a weird bromance between the Bengals and the Bills.

Mutually-assured de-suck-tion.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This whole "Trading Spaces" thing between Cincinnati and Buffalo is reaching comical heights.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If I had to take a guess, I'd say what they are seeing in guys like Hart and Mills, is that they are gritty players and don't have injury tendencies.  They might feel that technique can be coached, but physical durability is a good quality to have.

Durable Bad Starters > Injury Prone Bad Starters = Model Model 2.0
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This whole "Trading Spaces" thing between Cincinnati and Buffalo is reaching comical heights.

I thought about Starting the Thread that examined both rosters and if you combined them if we could win a SB.
Reply/Quote