Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PDJ - Bengals Will Prioritize OL in FA
(01-03-2021, 08:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. If you can’t run the ball, and your TE’s are mediocre at best, you better be stacked at WR. And we’re not.

This draft has a lot of talent at WR though. Look at Higgins for us coming in round 2 last year. Chase will be tempting, but this is a great time to move back a few spots and get another pick from a team that wants in on the QB frenzy if Sewell is gone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But the sad fact is: Many of our starters are terrible. 4 win teams need not to be drafting for depth. 

This is absolutely true although it may be hard to stomach at first. The Bengals’ roster is filled with marginal players who are mentored by incompetent coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jeremy Rauch of Fox19 shared a 2-minute interview with Paul Dehner Jr, who said...
The quote can be found around the 1:10 mark in the following link:

Paul also predicted the Bengals and Ravens game would be 24-17.    Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This draft has a lot of talent at WR though. Look at Higgins for us coming in round 2 last year. Chase will be tempting, but this is a great time to move back a few spots and get another pick from a team that wants in on the QB frenzy if Sewell is gone.

I’d be down to move back a few spots, but not out of the top 10. We need a Chase, Smith, Pitts, etc level talent.

I’d be livid if they drop back into the middle of the first or later.

Reply/Quote
Justin Jefferson just capped off an absolutely amazing rookie season. It’s going to be close between him and Herbert for OROY (I’ll be rooting hard for the WR). And Chase was the better of the two last year...

I just don’t think you can pass on him if he’s there.

Reply/Quote
We'll grab a below average tackle and guard or two in FA and call it a day. That will be the "prioritization" to these losers.

If Sewell is there and we don't pick him, I won't even watch next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d be down to move back a few spots, but not out of the top 10. We need a Chase, Smith, Pitts, etc level talent.

I’d be livid if they drop back into the middle of the first or later.

Good news is, currently Houston is helping us out. Might end up at 4 and the teams in front of us might actually all pass on Sewell.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But the sad fact is: Many of our starters are terrible. 4 win teams need not to be drafting for depth. 

I agree, but WR3 is basically a starter. So getting Chase or Smith would basically be getting a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Good news is, currently Houston is helping us out. Might end up at 4 and the teams in front of us might actually all pass on Sewell.

Man, beating the Steelers and still getting Sewell would take some of the sting out of this shit season.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree, but WR3 is basically a starter. So getting Chase or Smith would basically be getting a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Just think about how much better our offense would have been this season with Chase out there instead of AJ.

Reply/Quote
They will try, but free agency is a 2-way street. Will a good FA want to sign here?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:05 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: They will try, but free agency is a 2-way street. Will a good FA want to sign here?

Normally I would say no, but the cap is going to be an issue for a lot of teams so it might help us to get a guy or two having the cap space.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:05 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: They will try, but free agency is a 2-way street. Will a good FA want to sign here?

If we grossly overpay them like Waynes.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 32 teams means top 32 are #1 WR numbers.

So we have two guys with #1 WR numbers.

I have no problem with getting more weapons, but with all the holes we have in our roster it would be crazy to use the first round pick at WR.  Use a 3rd or 4th round pick on a really fast WR if you want, but not the first round pick.

If you have Reader, Waynes, Alexander (possibly WJ3) and a couple others coming back and you pick up one or 2 linemen in FA, why don't you get a guy that could help the offense score more? Then you use the next couple rounds for LB and DE/DL.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So did a lot of people here.

Especially Johnson.

Johnson looked decent at T. Jordan never looked good at G. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're not accounting for Burrow missing almost half the season.

Higgins was on pace for 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns before the Burrow injury

we do not need a wide receiver. We have 2 studs and Joe Burrow.

And neither one showed the ability to take the top off a defense. As well, 3 good WRs are better than 2. 

(01-03-2021, 08:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can never have too many good weapons. And a WR could very well be the BPA on the board when we pick. I think a lot of you need to get used to the idea because it sounds like the team is leaning that way.

Yuuup.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And neither one showed the ability to take the top off a defense. As well, 3 good WRs are better than 2. 

Yuuup.

Even today when I thought Tee might take one to the house he pulls a damn hammy...

We need a home run hitter.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even today when I thought Tee might take one to the house he pulls a damn hammy...

We need a home run hitter.

This team needs more overall speed in a bad bad way.

Reply/Quote
With the OL being much better last few weeks, and with the possibility of a new OL coach coming in, I would be ok with Chase or Pitts in first round
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And neither one showed the ability to take the top off a defense. As well, 3 good WRs are better than 2. 

And: 

1 good LB is better than 0

1 good TE is better than 0

1 Good DE is better than 0

2 Good DTs are better than 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote