Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals***
(01-10-2016, 02:21 AM)PApinhead Wrote: He didn't contort himself, he just lowered his head.  Burfict was already there to hit him and it looks like he tried to avoid a big hit.

I'm not defending Burfict at all costs as I think a lot of what he does is dumb, but that was not a dirty hit and should not have been a penalty.

I don't think it deserved a flag. I'm just saying Burfict had time to pull up or get out of the way. He knew he was being watched and Lewis, the other coaches, and the majority of the team were on his ass about calming down. Play smarter. That's what it comes down to, he needs to play smarter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Deion is right.

What did he say?
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
burfict:

"Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and the Steelers have gotten under one another’s skin this season.

Burfict’s celebration of a hit that injured Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell in the first meeting of the year between the teams drew the ire of the Steelers. Their reaction, including threats on social media, rankled the Bengals, leading to a pregame scrap between the teams last month and a low hit by Burfict on Ben Roethlisberger kept the temperature high after that game was over.

Based on Burfict’s response to questions about facing the Steelers to open the playoffs on Wednesday, it hasn’t gone down in the intervening weeks.

“I hate Pittsburgh,” Burfict said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s not personal. That’s just the way it is.”

That man needs medicated.

I'm just glad Antonio Brown is still alive.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely pitiful. the refs decided that game,
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:23 AM)PApinhead Wrote: He does need to be reeled in, that's for sure.  But let's not forget about Pacman and his dumb penalty.  Without that, it would have been a longer field goal.

Completely agreed. Jones deserves plenty of heat as well. There was no reason to keep agitating the situation.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:21 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: The call on Bernard may have been legal by the rules but if you think he was an established runner you're plain stupid.  Bernard barely had time to turn around before Shazier launched on him. To don't even think Bernard was completely turned around.  Shazier still led with his helmet and should have been penalized regardless.
ESPN just stated without question it was a personal foul.  Move the Bengals 15 yards closer it is a chip shot field goal.  And it was the NFL Supervisor of Officials for 12 years not some scmuck.  The Bengals would have been inside the 10.
Reply/Quote
I. HATE. EVERYTHING.
Reply/Quote
I would've taken this much better if they just started blowing us out in the 3rd
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's a lot of people around the NFL asking a good question, thankfully. The hell was Joey Porter doing out on the field? LB coach on an offensive drive, in the middle of the field taunting Bengals players.

Refs F'd up this game so much, so often. It's disgusting the favoritism shown to the Steelers in this league.

Now I will agree with that.  Porter should not have been on the field like that and the squealers bench should have been penalized for unsportsmanlike.  I will agree the refs screwed that scenario up
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: ESPN just stated without question it was a personal foul.  Move the Bengals 15 yards closer it is a chip shot field goal.  And it was the NFL Supervisor of Officials for 12 years not some scmuck.  The Bengals would have been inside the 10.

You had to be blind not to see it was a flagrant Personal Foul. One of three such that were all committed by the Stealers and all uncalled.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:24 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I don't think it deserved a flag. I'm just saying Burfict had time to pull up or get out of the way. He knew he was being watched and Lewis, the other coaches, and the majority of the team were on his ass about calming down. Play smarter. That's what it comes down to, he needs to play smarter.

I still think he did try to pull up, that's why it was his shoulder.  Brown lowered his head and made it worse.  If Brown hadn't lowered his head, it might not have been a big hit at all.

I agree, he definitely needs to play smarter.  He and a lot of other guys.  This was a terrible game by all:  coaches and players alike.

Reply/Quote
We got ******!!!!!!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
God I hate the Steelers.aND THIS JUAST REINFORCES IT.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: ESPN just stated without question it was a personal foul.  Move the Bengals 15 yards closer it is a chip shot field goal.  And it was the NFL Supervisor of Officials for 12 years not some scmuck.  The Bengals would have been inside the 10.

No doubt it was a penalty.  He led with his damn head and hit Bernard in the helmet just below his ear.  Anyone could have seen that.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Completely agreed. Jones deserves plenty of heat as well. There was no reason to keep agitating the situation.

Joey Porter agitated the situation and yet they only flag Jones. That was a flag both or neither but what else do you expect out of a bias officiating crew.
Reply/Quote
The hit on Bernard was 100% a penalty. The announcers and Mike Carey kept focusing on the defenseless receiver rule. Defenders are not allowed to launch with the crown of their helmet and make helmet-to-helmet tackles. It's a flag every time. Of course you're not supposed to chuck your fat ass on a sliding QB either, but that flag didn't get thrown on Pittsburgh either.

The most amusing thing is the fans of the dirtiest, most classless team in the NFL wants to cry about a couple of players on the Bengals. Flip the roles and their tune would change.

Whoever threw the water bottle at the rapist should be signed to be the backup. It looked better than all of those wobbly lame ducks McCarron was chucking all night.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, one of many blown calls tonight.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:27 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I still think he did try to pull up, that's why it was his shoulder.  Brown lowered his head and made it worse.  If Brown hadn't lowered his head, it might not have been a big hit at all.

I agree, he definitely needs to play smarter.  He and a lot of other guys.  This was a terrible game by all:  coaches and players alike.
No !!!!!!! We got ****** !!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:28 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: God I hate the Steelers.aND THIS JUAST REINFORCES IT.

Me and you both.  I doubt they'll make it past Denver anyway, nor do I think we would have made it out of New England with a win.  Other than getting the not winning a playoff game monkey off of our back the season prob would have been over anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:27 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I still think he did try to pull up, that's why it was his shoulder.  Brown lowered his head and made it worse.  If Brown hadn't lowered his head, it might not have been a big hit at all.

We may have seem the play differently, but we're saying the same thing. Tonight was a debacle. The game was won. Then the Bengals went Bengals.
Reply/Quote