Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-23-2017, 08:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Another perfect example of what's wrong with this team.

spot on!
Reply/Quote
I think NFL teams can begin waiving players February 1st. How might that play into this situation? Any compensation for the Bengals if some team picks up Jones? Honest question...I really don't know how it works.

Edit: Never mind. Vested veterans cannot be subjected to the waiver process. Looks like outright release is the only option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah nah nah hey hey hey good-bye

Think Dre become priority and we're looking just fine with Dre, Shaw, Dennard and Jackson as top corners next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: CB at #9 is looking more likely.

With or without pacman, the linebacking core is our weakest link (aside from the offensive line which can be fixed by a simple addition by subtraction  Ninja ). 

Rueben Foster?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: With or without pacman, the linebacking core is our weakest link (aside from the offensive line which can be fixed by a simple addition by subtraction  Ninja ). 

Rueben Foster?

Or Allen at DE if he drops.
Reply/Quote
His representatives just issued a statement on Jones' behalf. Typical bs about respect for law enforcement, seeking counselling for anger management, yadayadayada. They're probably going to wait until the spitting on the nurse video comes out before they say Jones is going to do a stint in rehab.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 09:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If it weren't for Adam Jones this team would have had zero off field issues since the Chris Henry era.

One guy.

Yet our team is still considered thugs.

Oh rly?
http://nfl-arrests.pointafter.com/d/a/Cincinnati-Bengals

Look at the first 20.

Dont you guys get it? Hmm let put this together....

Okay so Mike Brown just your average old-white-multi millionaire. Why would he run a team full of "criminals?" What could mike brown possibly have in common with thugs?

C-H-E-A-P.

Mike brown is cheap. You can sign criminals for cheap. They're desperate for another chance. Adam jones had no other choice but to sign with the bengals, they were the only his only option. Brown takes advantage.
Reply/Quote
He's a total POS, and I'll have a hard time rooting for this team if he's back next season. 

Reply/Quote
We should let the facts play out. Perhaps the officer in question is in fact a "B----- a-- n----".

No. In all seriousness, dude should have been gone last January.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Great.  We'll see this pick on the field in 2019

(01-23-2017, 08:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Picked at 9 in April, injured in first start in August 2019.

You guys are awfully confident. You really think it'll only take them their third year to start?

I mean, I guess there's an outside chance. Dennard has 4 starts in his first three years. Kirkpatrick managed a whopping 5. Will Jack has yet to touch the field.

So I might take it back. There's a decent chance of them getting a start by 2019.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Took longer than I thought, but finally made it over to espn. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18540935/bengals-cornerback-adam-jones-verbally-assaults-police-officer-video

Bengals released a statement already :
"The Bengals also released a statement on Jones' misconduct.
"We are extremely disappointed with Adam's behavior. The behavior in the video is not what we expect from our players. The Club is aware that Adam has put forth his own apology, however, we also offer an apology to the public and to our loyal fans." "

I didnt know he spit on the nurse, how did I miss that? How can anyone take his apology seriously, I have no idea.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I bet he's cut by Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:40 PM)Gohards Wrote: Oh rly?

Look at the first 20.

Okay so Mike Brown just your average old-white-multi millionaire. Why would he run a team full of "criminals?" What could mike brown possibly have in common with thugs?

C-H-E-A-P.

Mike brown is cheap. You can sign criminals for cheap. They're desperate for another chance. Adam jones had no other choice but to sign with the bengals, they were the only his only option. Brown takes advantage.
Dude. Those aren't shit in this league and you know it.

The Andre Smith one was plain stupidity on his part.

Orson Charles and Robert Sands?

Sands probably is one of the worst guys... I'll give you that.

These guys are barely blips on the radar though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:57 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I bet he's cut by Sunday.

I'll bet he starts the season for us
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He's a total POS, and I'll have a hard time rooting for this team if he's back next season. 

This is where I am. I am so sick of this crap.
Reply/Quote
As long as he's on the field don't really care what he does off of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:40 PM)Gohards Wrote: Oh rly?

Look at the first 20.

C-H-E-A-P.

C.R.E.A.M.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:44 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: C.R.E.A.M.

Get on top.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You guys are awfully confident. You really think it'll only take them their third year to start?

I mean, I guess there's an outside chance. Dennard has 4 starts in his first three years. Kirkpatrick managed a whopping 5. Will Jack has yet to touch the field.

So I might take it back. There's a decent chance of them getting a start by 2019.

You're right.  My entire premise is flawed.  We'll end up trading back 4 spots to 13 and pick up another late round 4th in the deal.  Then everyone that would have possibly helped the team will be gone.  So we'll use the 13th on another project OL with cerebral palsy but a big heart and smile reminiscent of the piano man.  We'll really shine with that additional 4th rounder by picking up a 140LB Lithuanian competitive tap dancer that Front Geunt met at CVG and really liked his footwork on the moving sidewalk.

If I could short this next season with a reliable book, I'd place at least $2k on it.
Reply/Quote
As shocking as this might seem it really isn't. It happens nearly every day and not just by the likes of Jones. He has celebrity status (sort of) so it makes the headlines and it's not just 'ghetto' jabber as it goes on in almost every segment of society, rich, poor, white, black, latino and on and on. Ask any cop. Better yet go spend some time in your local drunk tank. This would all look pretty mild and cops are just as bad if not worse in many cases. I've seen guys grabbed off the rack sound asleep in jail and dragged to the rubber room and have the shit beat out of them then dropped back in the cells like so many sacks of potatoes..
I'm not excusing it by any means and he does deserve to pay the price for it just like I had to back when I was still drinking and getting out of control. 
Those who are old enough to remember there was a time when almost any alcohol related offense would be dismissed as nothing and short of murder you could get away with a lot more if your excuse was that you were just drunk at the time. 
Times have changed when it comes to the law, cameras and so on, but one thing hasn't and that is alcohol screws people up. I don't care what anyone tells you, but alcohol has a far worse effect on society than all the other illicit drugs combined. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote