Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
Carson's big F You to Mike Brown in 2016 continues. I'm happy for Carson and hope he wins a ring.

Funny how some people have such disdain for him because he knew he wouldn't go anywhere with Lewis as a HC, and yet those same guys also want Lewis out of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer can kiss my ass.

How weird was it that the winning TD was scored on the ol' shovel pass?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:09 AM)GodFather Wrote: Carson's big F You to Mike Brown in 2016 continues. I'm happy for Carson and hope he wins a ring.

Funny how some people have such disdain for him because he knew he wouldn't go anywhere with Lewis as a HC, and yet those same guys also want Lewis out of Cincy.

we only want lewis out b/c we can't kick mike brown out. it's really that simple. and it wasn't carson who won the game it was inept packer defense and larry fitz.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:13 AM)WildCat Wrote: we only want lewis out b/c we can't kick mike brown out. it's really that simple. and it wasn't carson who won the game it was inept packer defense and larry fitz.

A win is a win... Steelers are playing tomorrow but do they deserve to be playing?  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:13 AM)WildCat Wrote: we only want lewis out b/c we can't kick mike brown out. it's really that simple. and it wasn't carson who won the game it was inept packer defense and larry fitz.

If you take Carson's performance tonight and put it in any of our 7 Marvin-era playoff losses we probably win.  I'm not saying Palmer is better than Dalton or anything, but the guy had a active hand in winning a playoff game.  Put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

Also, it was 4th and 20 on the Packers' own 4 yard line and they scored the tying TD in 2 passes to the same no-name WR.  Carson did more than he had to to be carried to that win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

We want Lewis out because he hasn't won a playoff game and has been here since 2003.

And Carson actually played decent. And the Packers came back because of a miracle hail mary.

Cardinals won that game all the way.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:35 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We want Lewis out because he hasn't won a playoff game and has been here since 2003.

And Carson actually played decent. And the Packers came back because of a miracle hail mary.

Cardinals won that game all the way.

Er, I wouldn't go that far...but looking at the playoff games so far it's clear that you're only going to win easily if you are playing against Brian Hoyer, so a win is a win.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Er, I wouldn't go that far...but looking at the playoff games so far it's clear that you're only going to win easily if you are playing against Brian Hoyer, so a win is a win.

Packers needed a hail mary. Palmer had a terrible interception in the end zone. Peterson had a pick six called back because of Frostee.

Playoff games aren't always pretty. But Cardinals earned that win in the end. At least Fitz did.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Just a general observation

Carson is known as 'the quiter' around here.

What do we suppose his teammates, post-Cinci, think of him?

I wouldn't think any of em have ever really thought of him as such.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:40 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Packers needed a hail mary. Palmer had a terrible interception in the end zone. Peterson had a pick six called back because of Frostee.

Playoff games aren't always pretty. But Cardinals earned that win in the end. At least Fitz did.

Right.  Palmer threw 2 INTs but he also threw 3 TDs, pretty or not, lucky or not.  Both Palmer and Rodgers needed a lot of luck for the game to go exactly the way it did.  The only "pretty" win so far in this post-season was KC over a 5-turnover imploding Brian Hoyer...so yeah.

(01-17-2016, 02:43 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Just a general observation

I'm not sure about the Raiders, but the Cardinals voted him a team captain in a landslide.  It would be hard to believe the Cardinals care about what went down in Cincy 5 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:09 AM)GodFather Wrote: Carson's big F You to Mike Brown in 2016 continues. I'm happy for Carson and hope he wins a ring.

And yet the Bengals have gone to the play-offs every year since he left and some say that his replacement is the reason we didn't win some of those games.  According to that logic Palmer and the Bengals would have won a play-off game years ago if he hadn't had his little tantrum.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:43 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Just a general observation

According to this report by CBS Sports earlier this season, apparently one former player (unnamed in the article) did think of him as a quitter.  

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25381536/one-bengals-player-believes-former-qb-carson-palmer-quit-on-us
Reply/Quote
Carson had a better stat line than any QB the Bengals since Lewis has been the coach. I don't think he played horrible, or "if" the Cardinals would've lost he would be the reason, but I don't think he played that great of a game. There was a few dropped INTs and 1 of his TDs was to a receiver he literally didn't even throw too, and another was a good scramble, but 90% of that drive was Fitz. I'm happy for Palmer, and hope that he goes all the way. I really don't like any other NFC team left in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:12 AM)McC Wrote: Carson Palmer can kiss my ass.  

How weird was it that the winning TD was scored on the ol' shovel pass?

I was thinking the same thing....If Dalton did a shovel pass inside the 10, some Bengals fans would call it a dumb call....I remember hearing that Hue's call in the second Steelers game is the reason why Andy injured his thumb....Yeah, right....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:45 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: I was thinking the same thing....If Dalton did a shovel pass inside the 10, some Bengals fans would call it a dumb call....I remember hearing that Hue's call in the second Steelers game is the reason why Andy injured his thumb....Yeah, right....

It was very weird seeing a shovel pass though :/ oh well maybe Mike Brown will finally realize it's time to win (doubt it)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Palmer was justified in his decision to leave (IMO)

I wish all former Bengal player and coach the best. No ill will.

Good game.

Reply/Quote
By this thread, I gather many are not rooting for Palmer? Who else are you going to root for the rest of the playoffs. Pick SOMEONE!! Yeah, his leaving opened the door for Dalton and AJ Green. A new beginning.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I want Seattle to win it all. Screw Palmer, Cocky Scam Newton, Brady, Manning and of course the STOOLERS
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They didn't win b/c of Palmer .  He played poorly.

This is true. Cardinals are a good team all around.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'm actually happy for the guy. I really don't have that much animosity toward him.

We weren't as talented as we are now, but we still gave him a chance.. That injury was the worst...

In addition, the Cardinals are probably the most admirable team out there right now.

As long as the Patriots lose I will be satisfied.
Reply/Quote