Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeves
(08-02-2015, 01:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: When pee burns.

I have found that holding my nose makes it go down easier.
Reply/Quote
This happens almost daily:

I'm in the lobby of my office building, taking the elevator up to my floor. I press the "up" button to hail the elevator, which in turn makes the button glow bright f**king red. Someone comes around the corner, looks at the red glowing button, and decides to press it again...one, two or three more times....occasionally five really frantic, quick, violent stabs.

Dude, the button was already pressed. It's glowing! I did that for us already. Take a load off. You don't have magic powers that will make the elevator appear any faster.

Honestly, I don't know why that bothers me so much.
Reply/Quote
Drive thru pet peeves:

1) PULL FORWARD! After you've placed your order pull forward and keep as close to the car in front of you as possible so the rest of us can get to the speaker and aren't bottled-up behind you.

2) TAKE IT INSIDE! The drive-thru is meant for quick service. If you're placing an order for eight people, park the ***** car and go inside. You could use the excercise, anyway.

3) GET READY! They're going to want your money when you reach the window. Don't let this take you by surprise, and have your method of payment ready.

4) KNOW YOUR ROLE! You're the driver, and your job, your ONLY job, when you're handed the food is to hand it to someone else. Don't stay parked at the window while you hand each child their food.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Work Peeve:

Semi Drivers, when you see guys in bright colored shirts on guys surveying on the side of the road, put the **cking cell phone down!! It is really unnerving to see an 18 wheeler heading straight at you, only to see the driver snap to attention, as his rig starts hitting the rumble strips on the side of the Interstate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 09:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Drive thru pet peeves:

1) PULL FORWARD!  After you've placed your order pull forward and keep as close to the car in front of you as possible so the rest of us can get to the speaker and aren't bottled-up behind you.  

2) TAKE IT INSIDE!  The drive-thru is meant for quick service.  If you're placing an order for eight people, park the ***** car and go inside.  You could use the excercise, anyway.

3) GET READY!  They're going to want your money when you reach the window.  Don't let this take you by surprise, and have your method of payment ready.

4) KNOW YOUR ROLE!  You're the driver, and your job, your ONLY job, when you're handed the food is to hand it to someone else.  Don't stay parked at the window while you hand each child their food.
We have a local Chineese Resturant that has a pick up window. You call in your order and go there a little while later and pick up your order. We have those that cannot figure this out and go to the pick up window to place their order and then assume they can sit there until it is ready.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have a local Chineese Resturant that has a pick up window. You call in your order and go there a little while later and pick up your order. We have those that cannot figure this out and go to the pick up window to place their order and then assume they can sit there until it is ready.

You live in Kentucky, correct?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You live in Kentucky, correct?

Hey now...... :angry:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Women. and children.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They have also had an affect on the Military Discipline as well.

There was a time when you couldn't use them unless you were stationary and under cover. Now Soldiers run around on them all the time with ear pieces in. I'm pretty sure you don't have to Salute if you are talking on one. 

Actually - you're not allowed to walk and talk on a phone anymore while in uniform. This stemmed from someone in basic training for the Navy going to Chicago, and he was texting and walked onto the train tracks where he was killed. Sad :-(
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
My pet peeves: people who go to gym and spend way to much time on the treadmill. Hate slang also.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

1) PULL FORWARD!  After you've placed your order pull forward and keep as close to the car in front of you as possible so the rest of us can get to the speaker and aren't bottled-up behind you.  

2) TAKE IT INSIDE!  The drive-thru is meant for quick service.  If you're placing an order for eight people, park the ***** car and go inside.  You could use the excercise, anyway.

3) GET READY!  They're going to want your money when you reach the window.  Don't let this take you by surprise, and have your method of payment ready.

4) KNOW YOUR ROLE!  You're the driver, and your job, your ONLY job, when you're handed the food is to hand it to someone else.  Don't stay parked at the window while you hand each child their food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAZGFCUnrpk
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Don't forget about the dumbass who wants to study the menu, at length, while everyone who knew what they wanted when they pulled in waits behind them.  As you say, the drive thru is for quick service.....not pondering your options like it's life or death. Rant

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: a15c8c66e4703b540941a8451527a442.jpg]

Sums my pet peeve up pretty well...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote