Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Pick the next HC
(12-18-2020, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jim Hairball made it to the SB with a QB that many people feel wasn't fit to even be on an NFL roster.

Look at that defense he had. 

And the NFL figured Kap out pretty quick after that as well.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 02:32 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: Look at that defense he had. 

And the NFL figured Kap out pretty quick after that as well.

Look at the Chicago Bears....they've had elite defenses for decades and only managed to drag a ho-hum QB to the SB once or twice depending on how you feel about Jim McMahon.

The Bears can't do a thing with Trubisky, but Jim Hairball got Kaepernick to the SB...I think he's probably a pretty good coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, if worst comes to worst, Simmons might not be such a bad candidate.  He's been a coordinator forever, and his rolodex must be pretty thick with contacts by now..

Darrin could hire Marvin as his DC and Hue as his OC.  Then we would have the old gang back together just with shuffled chairs.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Look at the Chicago Bears....they've had elite defenses for decades and only managed to drag a ho-hum QB to the SB once or twice depending on how you feel about Jim McMahon.

The Bears can't do a thing with Trubisky, but Jim Hairball got Kaepernick to the SB...I think he's probably a pretty good coach.

He's a GOOD coach - not a GREAT coach, which is what we need here.

Let's face it, IF (and I know that's a huge if) we part with ZT, the next coach here HAS to be a homerun.

I haven't been very active lately on here, how ya been man?
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: He's a GOOD coach - not a GREAT coach, which is what we need here.

Let's face it, IF (and I know that's a huge if) we part with ZT, the next coach here HAS to be a homerun.

I haven't been very active lately on here, how ya been man?

Our next coach doesn't need to be great, if he's above .500 we'd be happy...let's just face it.  And how am I?  Well, I'm realistic haha.
Reply/Quote
Any thoughts on Lovie Smith? Been to 2 Super Bowls, been with Tampa Bay, Bears and looks like hes out in Illinoise. Has a great resume imo
Reply/Quote
Kinda interesting, but ESPN has an article talking about HC hirings for next year, they list 9 teams... and Bengals aren't on that list. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:42 PM)Krull1972 Wrote: Any thoughts on Lovie Smith? Been to 2 Super Bowls, been with Tampa Bay, Bears and looks like hes out in Illinoise. Has a great resume imo

Lovie has only been to one SB, against Peyton. Since he left the Bears, he is 25-63 as a head coach. I think his HC days are likely done.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Darrin could hire Marvin as his DC and Hue as his OC.  Then we would have the old gang back together just with shuffled chairs.

You forgot Paul Alexander as Offensive Line coach...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Kinda interesting, but ESPN has an article talking about HC hirings for next year, they list 9 teams... and Bengals aren't on that list. LOL

Absolutely ridiculous. A coach who’s won 4 games in 2 years isn’t even on the hot seat. This team really is a joke.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Kinda interesting, but ESPN has an article talking about HC hirings for next year, they list 9 teams... and Bengals aren't on that list. LOL

They know (just like we know). 

But we going to act like we don't for a couple more weeks and fix this team on the message board. Any one of the posters around here given GM duty's could get this boat righted, and if we can why is it so hard to do the right thing for the FO?

Is there a fan in the Browns family who is willing to speak up? 

It's looking like they all are just trying to hold on to the inheritance.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely ridiculous. A coach who’s won 4 games in 2 years isn’t even on the hot seat. This team really is a joke.

I read an article today not sure who from but it popped up when typing in nfl to the search but it has Zac listed as a surprise opening possibility. Surprise!!!  Getting hit in the head with a ball of shit from an airplane bathroom while mowing the yard is a surprise not firing a 4.5 win in 2 years coach that got the rookie franchise investment killed because his ego was to big to admit MJ blows.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely ridiculous. A coach who’s won 4 games in 2 years isn’t even on the hot seat. This team really is a joke.

And never won a road game. Zac is terrible
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our next coach doesn't need to be great, if he's above .500 we'd be happy...let's just face it.  And how am I?  Well, I'm realistic haha.

(12-19-2020, 04:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lovie has only been to one SB, against Peyton. Since he left the Bears, he is 25-63 as a head coach. I think his HC days are likely done.

Actually twice, once as defensive coordinator for the st louis rams and second HC of the bears. Im just thinking with his resume as def coordinator and hc he would be able to bring in a better than average supporting cast? Just a thought
Reply/Quote
Vikings lost again today and word is Zimmer is on the hot seat. If he does get fired, the front office better do everything it can to get Mike in here and Sack The Zac.

He is just what we need and Mike is very familiar with Cincinnati. It would be a beautiful silver lining to an awful year of football in every way....minus Joe Burrow...
Reply/Quote
Totally agree
Reply/Quote
He can do better and knows it.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Darrin could hire Marvin as his DC and Hue as his OC.  Then we would have the old gang back together just with shuffled chairs.

I like it!!!

And since Joe Burrow supposedly loves Zac Taylor so much, he can be the QB coach.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 06:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: Vikings lost again today and word is Zimmer is on the hot seat. If he does get fired, the front office better do everything it can to get Mike in here and Sack The Zac.

He is just what we need and Mike is very familiar with Cincinnati. It would be a beautiful silver lining to an awful year of football in every way....minus Joe Burrow...

The town loves Zimmer, he's the dream candidate.  If not, they need to look at Dan Quinn and get a competent staff assembled.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 06:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: Vikings lost again today and word is Zimmer is on the hot seat. If he does get fired, the front office better do everything it can to get Mike in here and Sack The Zac.

I’m not usually one for hitting up retreads but Mike Zimmer might be a notable exception. Heck, I would give Hue Jackson a call at this point although I’m not at a sufficient level of desperation to call Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote