Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood: New Video
(08-20-2015, 07:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You meant they were better off dead.  Good grief.  At least own up to your own opinion.  How can YOU even take yourself seriously after reading back over this?

I don't get that train of thought either. I have had a lot of shit happen to me in my life, and I never thought I should be better off dead. To think it's better off to be dead than to grow up in an orphanage is crazy talk to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-20-2015, 07:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You meant they were better off dead.  Good grief.  At least own up to your own opinion.  How can YOU even take yourself seriously after reading back over this?

Straw Man!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-20-2015, 05:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm only 1:09 into the video.  "I literally have had women come in and go to the OR and they're back out in 3 minutes, And so I thought, 'What's going on? Oh, yeah, The fetus was already in the vaginal canal whenever we put her in the stirrups it just fell out."

What do you think that means?

Still waiting for an answer.
(08-20-2015, 08:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Still waiting for an answer.

I'm assuming that it's someone that is trying to justify abortions by claiming that SOME women were going to miscarry regardless. 

I admittedly didn't watch the video, so that's just my guess. 
(08-20-2015, 08:40 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'm assuming that it's someone that is trying to justify abortions by claiming that SOME women were going to miscarry regardless. 

I admittedly didn't watch the video, so that's just my guess. 

When the fetus is in the vaginal canal it is already a miscarriage and not an elective abortion. I've seen that in the ER.   That is clear evidence the producers of the video are taking statements out of context and editing them to support their view.

Is that really necessary?
(08-20-2015, 09:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When the fetus is in the vaginal canal it is already a miscarriage and not an elective abortion. I've seen that in the ER.   That is clear evidence the producers of the video are taking statements out of context and editing them to support their view.

Is that really necessary?

I don't think it's really necessary, personally. 

I think the abortion thing is like pretty much every other issue, MOST people have their mind made up.  If your position is so fragile that a video can sway your opinion on the issue one way or the other, I'd say that you never really had a position to begin with. 

The only thing that videos like this do is get people talking about it (a good thing, I believe) and perhaps gain some temporary support that typically reverts back to "normal levels" when this sort of thing blows over. 
Being dead is not that bad, especially if you're religious and think you go on to eternal paradise. Being alive can suck. Would you rather be a girl raised by ISIS, repeatedly raped and 100% subservient, or would you rather be dead? I personally would rather be dead.

This raises an interesting point though. Most anti-choice types are religious. Seeing as they believe the dead go on to eternal paradise why do they think death is such a bad thing? Especially compared to living in a poor, disadvantaged and unwanted position.
(08-20-2015, 09:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Being dead is not that bad, especially if you're religious and think you go on to eternal paradise.  Being alive can suck.  Would you rather be a girl raised by ISIS, repeatedly raped and 100% subservient, or would you rather be dead?   I personally would rather be dead.

This raises an interesting point though.  Most anti-choice types are religious.  Seeing as they believe the dead go on to eternal paradise why do they think death is such a bad thing?  Especially compared to living in a poor, disadvantaged and unwanted position.

I'd rather be poor in America than any country in the history of the world. 

I'd also prefer to be alive.  
(08-20-2015, 10:05 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'd rather be poor in America than any country in the history of the world. 

I'd also prefer to be alive.  

You've clearly never been to much of Europe.  You're also clearly not religious.  Congrats on the second part at least.
(08-20-2015, 09:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Being dead is not that bad, especially if you're religious and think you go on to eternal paradise.  Being alive can suck.  Would you rather be a girl raised by ISIS, repeatedly raped and 100% subservient, or would you rather be dead?   I personally would rather be dead.

This raises an interesting point though.  Most anti-choice types are religious.  Seeing as they believe the dead go on to eternal paradise why do they think death is such a bad thing?  Especially compared to living in a poor, disadvantaged and unwanted position.
First of all the example of a female being repeatedly raped by ISIS is going to the utmost extreme and speaks to grasping for straws. It is akin to saying “Hitler was born so abortion can’t be a bad thing”.

Secondly many think those that never knew Jesus will simply cease to exist. To ask why a person of faith would not want a child to be born and have the opportunity to know Jesus speaks to ignorance.

Finally, how do you know being dead is not that bad?

(08-20-2015, 10:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've clearly never been to much of Europe.  You're also clearly not religious.  Congrats on the second part at least.

I've been to quite a bit of Europe, and I'd still prefer to be poor here. 

And no, I'm not religious.  
(08-20-2015, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all the example of a female being repeatedly raped by ISIS is going to the utmost extreme and speaks to grasping for straws. It is akin to saying “Hitler was born so abortion can’t be a bad thing”.

Hardly.  Using a real world, and frighteningly too common, example is not the same as citing a lone occurence.

Quote:Secondly many think those that never knew Jesus will simply cease to exist. To ask why a person of faith would not want a child to be born and have the opportunity to know Jesus speaks to ignorance.

You mean believe not think, because think and religion rarely go together.  Regardless, non-existence has to be better than a miserable existence right?

Quote:Finally, how do you know being dead is not that bad?

God told me.
(08-20-2015, 10:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Regardless, non-existence has to be better than a miserable existence right?

I'd expect that suicides would occur much more frequently if that were the case. 

Abortions = 1 million per year

Suicides = 40,000 per year
(08-20-2015, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all the example of a female being repeatedly raped by ISIS is going to the utmost extreme and speaks to grasping for straws. It is akin to saying “Hitler was born so abortion can’t be a bad thing”.

Secondly many think those that never knew Jesus will simply cease to exist. To ask why a person of faith would not want a child to be born and have the opportunity to know Jesus speaks to ignorance.

Finally, how do you know being dead is not that bad?

[Image: eskimo-1.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-20-2015, 10:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hardly.  Using a real world, and frighteningly too common, example is not the same as citing a lone occurence.

Uhh I don't think that's a relevant analogy, because ISIS isn't based out of the USA. Even if it was so you really think those kind of people would use abortion, or just abuse the child for their sick twisted pleasure.

(08-20-2015, 10:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean believe not think, because think and religion rarely go together.  Regardless, non-existence has to be better than a miserable existence right?

Why would you assume that everyone would me miserable? I would rather be in an orphanage than be dead.
(08-20-2015, 10:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: 1. Hardly.  Using a real world, and frighteningly too common, example is not the same as citing a lone occurence.

2. You mean believe not think, because think and religion rarely go together.  Regardless, non-existence has to be better than a miserable existence right?

3. God told me.

1. If you think Hitler is a "lone occurrence" then we, as usual, just disagree. Pol Pot, Mussolini, Stalin, and Mladic come to mind off the top of my head. The whole “better off dead” assertion is just perverse.  At least Matt had the good sense to make like that is not what he said/meant.

2. You have no idea how much a believer thinks about his or her convictions. Suffering here is only temporary, paradise is eternal. So not right.

3. You are truly blessed….or lying.

(08-20-2015, 10:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: eskimo-1.jpg]
To offer you the chance of eternal bliss.

Tired meme is tired.

(08-20-2015, 10:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: eskimo-1.jpg]

Actually they wouldn't go to heaven even if they didn't know about Christianity. Well at least according to the bible.
(08-20-2015, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To offer you the chance of eternal bliss.

Tired meme is tired.

Trying to force your religious beliefs on everyone is tired too.

[Image: 8754-George-Carlin-Quote-Religion-is-lik...e-that.jpg]
(08-20-2015, 11:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Actually they wouldn't go to heaven even if they didn't know about Christianity. Well at least according to the bible.

Or maybe they would.  Or maybe the bible is wrong.  Or maybe they had their OWN religion and a place to go when they die?

You know?