Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pokemon Go
Anyone playing? What have you caught so far?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I just figured out what this was yesterday. I've tried to fight being " get off my lawn" guy, but I think this phenomenon has pushed me over the edge. I guess it's just the generational divide (I was in my 20s when Pokemon hit the scene.). All I could say though is "what the ****?".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We received a warning about this app from our security folk at work yesterday. Apparently it is VERY intrusive.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People are going nuts over this and I'm just like.............

[Image: b4fc4aaa227a660b0485fe4d7192ba36b2602e7f...9af4b7.jpg]

Seems stupid to me.

[Image: wheneveryonetsposting-about-pokemon-go-b...046626.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 03:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone playing? What have you caught so far?

Syphilis 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 03:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone playing? What have you caught so far?

First heard about this last week from my son and his friends (they're 15ish) and I was like "WTF"?  Then I went to work (where there's a lot of 20somthings) and everyone was playing it, and I'm still like "WTF"?  I don't want to sound like the "get off my lawn guy" either Jason, but it just seems like a dumb game to me too.
What evs! Attitude
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We received a warning about this app from our security folk at work yesterday. Apparently it is VERY intrusive.

It is if you used a gmail account to verify for the login (can use other ways though). The app inadvertently gave the developers full access to accounts. (emails, google drive, etc.) I think more was made of it than it really is though. Obviously it needs fixed, but the company who made this game is a skunk works project of Google themselves. If it was some new or indie developer I'd be a bit more worried, but I am not to concerned about some massive breach here. In reality most people's Gmail (and email in general) accounts are at risk of being hacked by bad people anyways because of weak passwords, yet most don't care.
Reply/Quote
Haven't played it, don't plan to.

The subreddit for the school I am employed at had a conversation within hours of the game launch discussing places on campus that were gyms (whatever the hell that means) and what not. These students already walk out in front of cars without paying attention, I can only imagine what this will be like now.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
It's fun for now. At some point, the novelty will be lost because it is no better than any other freemium game. There is no end game besides getting as high of a character as possible which is easier done with money.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Not playing. I have a life.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 10:53 AM)Beaker Wrote: Not playing. I have a life.

Says the online message board contributor. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 09:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People are going nuts over this and I'm just like.............

Seems stupid to me.

Your post is kind of the definition of ignorance. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 10:53 AM)Beaker Wrote: Not playing. I have a life.

Just curious. Do you watch TV? Movies? Play other video games? Get on the computer? Post to message boards? 

Surely you spend time on hobbies or doing things you enjoy. Just because people enjoy doing something you dont enjoy doing, or something you dont understand, doesnt mean they dont have a life. 
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 01:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Haven't played it, don't plan to.

The subreddit for the school I am employed at had a conversation within hours of the game launch discussing places on campus that were gyms (whatever the hell that means) and what not. These students already walk out in front of cars without paying attention, I can only imagine what this will be like now.

I've got an intern for the summer. He's 17. He asked me if I'd heard of Pokemon go since he knew I like gaming. I said I'd heard about it. He asked if I knew my office was a 'gym.'

I'm old, I thought he meant 'gem.'

So I said, "Yeah, I think it's a gem, too."

We just looked at each other realizing the other person didn't know what the other was saying.
Reply/Quote
so once when I was about 8 I saw pokemon on TV that was enough for me never to be interested again.

33 now
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 09:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People are going nuts over this and I'm just like.............

Seems stupid to me.

[Image: mx6kav-aeZgALqopmybSwlI4C6njtVDQMhStPncP...e63ce5bedf]

Just change "Facebook" to "Bengals Message Board".

Dork...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Um.....yeah...

Attached Files Image(s)

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so once when I was about 8 I saw pokemon on TV that was enough for me never to be interested again.

33 now

Sorry to be a dick here, but you are remembering your own life incorrectly. Pokemon didn't air in the U.S. until September of 98. If you are 33 right now then you were roughly 15 when it first started (assuming you saw it immediately when it came out), which may explain why you lacked much interest at the time, and for that matter today.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 04:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry to be a dick here, but you are remembering your own life incorrectly. Pokemon didn't air in the U.S. until September of 98. If you are 33 right now then you were roughly 15 when it first started (assuming you saw it immediately when it came out), which may explain why you lacked much interest at the time, and for that matter today.

XenoMorph grew up in Kyoto.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 04:45 PM)jason Wrote: XenoMorph grew up in Kyoto.

It debuted a year earlier, so maybe he was 14.
Reply/Quote