Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Positive takeaways from the Packers game
Seriously disappointed (but not overly surprised) to come in here and just see a sea of negativity and petty takes. We came so very close to beating the Packers, and yes there were mistakes but just as many positives. This is a young team with a QB still rehabbing a major injury.

Chase sensational again, and more importantly that Burrow/Chase connection is special. Love to watch it.

Trey Hendrickson. Dude is balling and it's so refreshing to see a big time FA actually earning his money and rep.

Samaje made a number of nice plays and runs. Not the most explosive guy but v solid and dependable.

These are the points that stand out. Interested to hear others!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seriously disappointed (but not overly surprised) to come in here and just see a sea of negativity and petty takes. We came so very close to beating the Packers, and yes there were mistakes but just as many positives. This is a young team with a QB still rehabbing a major injury.

Chase sensational again, and more importantly that Burrow/Chase connection is special. Love to watch it.

Trey Hendrickson. Dude is balling and it's so refreshing to see a big time FA actually earning his money and rep.

Samaje made a number of nice plays and runs. Not the most explosive guy but v solid and dependable.

Tying the game up late including the two pointer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My only positive: Chidobe Awuzie is a grown-ass man. That guy can play.
Reply/Quote
My takeaway so far is they lose when I'm not either watching or listening and win when I am.. I spent gametime at the damned hospital and got released just as the game was over.. Go figure..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Didn’t let Davante Adams break the single game record for receiving yardage! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Team showed great heart against a good team at the end. Played well enough to win it, just couldn't punch it home.
Reply/Quote
I agree the team showed great heart. Had one good drive in the 1st half. Had a great play from Burrow to Chase to end the half when we desperately needed a play. Came up big with the six points when we needed it most in the 4th.

Overall we looked like the worst team though. Other than those three drives, we couldn’t get much going. The game plan/play calling again could have been better. Run the ball more and attack that weak defense more. Double team Davante. Etc.

My biggest concern is Zac ends up being a ‘good enough’ coach, and not a terrible one. This would prevent us from getting an actually good coach that can put together game plans that can blow out opponents. But maybe Taylor can learn to be a great coach too.

I like the young players on this team. We’re getting better for sure.
Reply/Quote
I thought Chase looked fantastic, our defense held Rodgers to a measly 22 points and Burrow was clutch in certain scenarios.

I was disheartened by Higgins' drops and Zac's weak playcalling when in field goal range, but overall I think this game was a very positive development in this season. If we can hang with the Packers like this, we should be able to stick in the playoff picture for the majority of the season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Like the OP stated, Chase and Hendrickson were our best players today. The former is only 21 years old, and we have the latter locked up for 3 more seasons. I’m very excited about these two going forward.

Honorable mention to Chris Evans. He is a nice little weapon in the passing game. I wish we’d get him involved even more.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seriously disappointed (but not overly surprised) to come in here and just see a sea of negativity and petty takes. We came so very close to beating the Packers, and yes there were mistakes but just as many positives. This is a young team with a QB still rehabbing a major injury.

There's plenty of reason to be positive.  Despite 4 drops, 2 bone headed picks by a young QB, several blown coverages, and some questionable coaching decisions, we still arguably should have beaten a team that was in the NFCCG last year.
Reply/Quote
I have only seen the highlights so far so I can only wait but I picked the Pack to win by 3 in a higher scoring affair
so the Defense must of played pretty damn decent. Davante and Aaron Jones tore us up though. Good lesson.

Chase is a stud, just hoping our other Receivers show up. Surprised in Boyd honestly, thought he would have a
much better game. Still, positives are Awuzie and most assuredly Hendrickson were fantastic additions. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My only positive: Chidobe Awuzie is a grown-ass man. That guy can play.

That’s your only positive? We had a WR with 159 yards & a TD, and a DE with 2 sacks.

Reply/Quote
I am going to be retrospective. so is Chase good because of Burrow ??? if so was Green good because of Dalton ? at least today Chase was good because of Chase overall. no doubt.. that is the positive..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am going to be retrospective. so is Chase good because of Burrow ???  if so was Green good because of Dalton ?  at least today Chase was good because of Chase overall. no doubt..   that is the positive..

They are good on their own, just better together.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t like seeing Zac Taylor smiling after we missed the Fg right before overtime. I feel like in his mind he was okay with us just being close in that game and not winning .. we should have won that game, we are a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I thought Chase looked fantastic, our defense held Rodgers to a measly 22 points and Burrow was clutch in certain scenarios.

I was disheartened by Higgins' drops and Zac's weak playcalling when in field goal range, but overall I think this game was a very positive development in this season. If we can hang with the Packers like this, we should be able to stick in the playoff picture for the majority of the season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’ll give Tee somewhat of a break since he was coming back from an injury, but he has to clean those up. That one going to the ground was just a killer. And then the Spain penalty the next play on 4th down. Those are the plays that are the difference in close games.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:31 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I didn’t like seeing Zac Taylor smiling after we missed the Fg right before overtime. I feel like in his mind he was okay with us just being close in that game and not winning .. we should have won that game, we are a playoff team.

Yeah, that was odd. He also smiled when mason kept missing, I mean more like "unbelievable/funny" instead of excited lo.
Reply/Quote
I see so many glass half empty posts, but I am a glass half full guy and the glass is getting fuller. I have been a fan since the 70s and I have seen my share of awful. This team is getting there.

When they went down 16-7 in the last minute of the half they didn't give up like teams in the past did. They came back and got within two before the half. When Burrow threw the interception to start overtime, they didn't give up, they sacked Rodgers, and made the kick harder for Crosby, and he missed it. We had very, very few penalties, and I don't remember a false start penalty.

Was I disappointed? Hell yes. But they fought, and I see the positives from this game instead of so much negative. For the first time in a while, people see my Bengals shirts and want to engage me because my team is improving, not because they are laughing at me because my team sucks.
Reply/Quote
Evan McPherson nick name thread's will die now... That's a positive...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have only seen the highlights so far so I can only wait but I picked the Pack to win by 3 in a higher scoring affair
so the Defense must of played pretty damn decent. Davante and Aaron Jones tore us up though. Good lesson.

Chase is a stud, just hoping our other Receivers show up. Surprised in Boyd honestly, thought he would have a
much better game. Still, positives are Awuzie and most assuredly Hendrickson were fantastic additions. ThumbsUp

Boyd was great on his two targets.  There was an int that the commentators surmised that Burrow was throwing in anticipation of Boyd cutting across the middle, but that is speculation until Burrow speaks on it.  Boyd was the closest guy to the ball, but nowhere near it.
Reply/Quote