Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punting game
Darrin Simmons said there will be a serious evaluation of the punting game over the bye week. He is not happy where they are at right now.

I think we are looking at a change at punter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:21 PM)pally Wrote: Darrin Simmons said there will be a serious evaluation of the punting game over the bye week.  He is not happy where they are at right now.

Chrisman is still on PS correct ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Chrisman is still on PS correct ?

Yep, he was actually practicing pregame of the Carolina game on the field.

Reply/Quote
Special Teams have been really frustrating lately between Huber’s crappy punting, McPherson missing kicks, and the penalties on returns.

Simmons needs to get it together.

Reply/Quote
Almost all the special teams this year have been pretty bad.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Huber has had an excellent career here he is top 20 all time in punting yards and top 30 in post season. He deserves to be in Bengal ring of honor when his career is over. Don't let a bad last season sour an outstanding career.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:21 PM)pally Wrote: Darrin Simmons said there will be a serious evaluation of the punting game over the bye week.  He is not happy where they are at right now.

Sweet music to my ears. Glad they're at least considering moving on from Huber in spite of his long history with the club. Frustrating watching other teams pinning teams down inside the five or at least dramatically changing field position while the Bengals have been one of the worst in the league at the punting game.
Reply/Quote
This should have happened weeks ago. Huber has been awful.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Agreed. I don't think there's any way he's still the punter coming out of the bye. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Chrisman is still on PS correct ?

(11-07-2022, 05:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yep, he was actually practicing pregame of the Carolina game on the field.

In full uniform to boot (no pun intended):

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Get Dru up before someone steals him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
How good is Dru? Will this be a significant improvement... or should we be looking for another Punter in the draft
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Special Teams have been really frustrating lately between Huber’s crappy punting, McPherson missing kicks, and the penalties on returns.

Simmons needs to get it together.

Every time we receive a punt I deduct 10 yards from wherever the return guy got the ball to, even before I hear "flag on the play". It's automatic
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How good is Dru? Will this be a significant improvement... or should we be looking for another Punter in the draft

In college, Drue averaged right around what Huber is averaging now. In the pre-season, Drue averaged 49.6 yards per punt but he only had seven punts. Take that with a grain of salt. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: In college, Drue averaged right around what Huber is averaging now. In the pre-season, Drue averaged 49.6 yards per punt but he only had seven punts. Take that with a grain of salt. 

Welp.... maybe he's more consistent.   I recon that will be okay

At least gives him the rest of the year as a "try out" 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Almost all the special teams this year have been pretty bad.

Taylor has been the bright spot, after yesterdays game he will be probably 2/3 in punt return average with double digit returns
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How good is Dru? Will this be a significant improvement... or should we be looking for another Punter in the draft

I found this on 247sports.com

"During his time in Columbus, Ohio, Chrisman established himself as one of the country's best punters. For his career, Chrisman averaged 44 yards per punt, the fourth-best mark in Ohio State history. He was a two-time Ray Guy Award semifinalist and was a third-team All-Big Ten performer in 2018."

Yes, around what Huber is averaging, which is 43.2. ESPN has him 30th among punters. Its possible they don't go to Crisman automatically but look at others as well. And its possible Crisman has improved since college.

https://247sports.com/Article/Cincinnati-Bengals-sign-former-Ohio-State-football-punter-Drue-Chrisman-to-reservefutures-contract-182460576/
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 07:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: I found this on 247sports.com

"During his time in Columbus, Ohio, Chrisman established himself as one of the country's best punters. For his career, Chrisman averaged 44 yards per punt, the fourth-best mark in Ohio State history. He was a two-time Ray Guy Award semifinalist and was a third-team All-Big Ten performer in 2018."

Yes, around what Huber is averaging, which is 43.2. ESPN has him 30th among punters. Its possible they don't go to Crisman automatically but look at others as well. And its possible Crisman has improved since college.

https://247sports.com/Article/Cincinnati-Bengals-sign-former-Ohio-State-football-punter-Drue-Chrisman-to-reservefutures-contract-182460576/

In the preseason this year Chrisman average 49.6 yards per punt with 7 attempts. He had a long of 65. 

Huber averaged 43.6 per in the preseason on 5 attempts with a long of 50.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yep, he was actually practicing pregame of the Carolina game on the field.

Good news, Huber is washed up as Weezy said in his thread. Have to give Chrisman the Punting job from here on out.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Welp.... maybe he's more consistent.   I recon that will be okay

At least gives him the rest of the year as a "try out" 

Consistency is a positive thing right now.  Every time Kevin punts, we have to wonder if this kick is his shank of the day.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote