Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards
(11-27-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sounds a lot like this place..... Rock On

...And honestly that is fine this is a message board that's what it's for. I like Mo Eagger because he doesn't pretend to be some sort of guru. He reads stuff, tells you he read something and then let's it fall where it falls. He goes out and finds actual experts to talk about those things for him and asks questions. James however has shown through his writings and talking that he doesn't actually know the game from much more than a macro view, but would like to act like he gets it at a micro level. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO. Yeah....that's it homey....it's "love". Ppppffffttttt!!!!

Nah Skippy, it's just that I've been around. Since the Paul Brown days. I've seen all of this shit before. Fans booed Kenny, they booed Boomer, they booed Palmer (and acosted his wife and trashed his lawn), they boo Dalton. I've been around organized football since I was 8....34 years.

They were ill informed then, they're ill informed now.

As for thinking any QB or any other player for that matter, is going to change Mike Brown's 30 year old circus?  Well....to be nice.....that's the NARROWEST of minds.

Ok old timer do you realize we havnt beat pitt in 3 years, havnt made the playoffs the past two years,havnt won a playoff game,cant win in primetime and he mostly has beaten bad teams his whole career? Boomer did, anderson did. Bring your self to 2018. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...And honestly that is fine this is a message board that's what it's for. I like Mo Eagger because he doesn't pretend to be some sort of guru. He reads stuff, tells you he read something and then let's it fall where it falls. He goes out and finds actual experts to talk about those things for him and asks questions. James however has shown through his writings and talking that he doesn't actually know the game from much more than a macro view, but would like to act like he gets it at a micro level. 

Id rather listen to a guy i know studies the game, instead of guys who just watch from their tvs or listen on the radio and think they are gurus. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:50 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Id rather listen to a guy i know studies the game, instead of guys who just watch from their tvs or listen on the radio and think they are gurus. 

You started a thread in a place that doesn't have any "gurus" by your metric and when anyone disagrees with you, you lash out. Maybe a message board isn't for you? 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:47 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: No im christian,but it must be the great guy image he has, thats the only thing that explains it. Just like i said in my post,dalton fans deflect all blame from him and say hes no problem,and you just dont know football if you put any blame on him. You probably would be miserable if driskal won a superbowl this year. Lol ive heard fans say if mccaron won a superbowl the job goes back to dalton the next year,its unreal. I cant wait for the love affair to end for yall. 

Dude....calm down. I can only think of one or two on here that are true Dalton homers. I call it like I see it. He's an average to above average QB. I've ALWAYS said that.

That said, it's also like some people want to see him fail.  You can't say anything positive about the guy without being a "lover". McCarron was overrated in college, he was overrated here....it's that simple. The last Bama QB to piss a drop in this league was Ken Stabler. Let that sink in a minute..... that's what scares me about Tua. Sure he looks good, and he DOES have the arm....but shit.... he's got 10 seconds to scan the field!

I just try to be objective....AD is no Unitas, but he's not near the bum people want to proclaim him to be.  

The issues on this team are what they always have been since Mike Clown took over.....ownership and coaching.

Look at Palmer, left here and went to a NFCCG at age 35 with 2 bum knees, a ****** up index finger, and nerve damage in his throwing shoulder. He choked here too. Think about it for a minute......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You know, this place sounds a lot like Kindergarten. "You can't be his friend because he's my friend". "If you like so and so, then you can't like so and so"..... I like Dalton. I see through the hate and can look at his stats, and see that in many many areas he is in truly elite company. I also see his weaknesses. I like Driskel, and am intrigued to see what he can do. I hope he is truly successful and somehow amazingly gets us into the playoffs and wins (though I do not see that happening). If Driskel gets hurt, guess what, I hope Savage comes out and lights it up. You don't have to root against one because you like the other. I really don't care who the QB is, I just want them to win....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:49 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ok old timer do you realize we havnt beat pitt in 3 years, havnt made the playoffs the past two years,havnt won a playoff game,cant win in primetime and he mostly has beaten bad teams his whole career? Boomer did, anderson did. Bring your self to 2018. 

Forrest Gregg did....Sam Wyche did....this game goes MUCH deeper than one player man, I'm sorry you've yet to figure that out Champ. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Forrest Gregg did....Sam Wyche did....this game goes MUCH deeper than one player man, I'm sorry you've yet to figure that out Champ. :andy:

Not to mention Dalton has won in Primetime, and has beaten the Stealers in Primetime.... so "Can't" isn't exactly accurate....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, this place sounds a lot like Kindergarten. "You can't be his friend because he's my friend". "If you like so and so, then you can't like so and so"..... I like Dalton. I see through the hate and can look at his stats, and see that in many many areas he is in truly elite company. I also see his weaknesses. I like Driskel, and am intrigued to see what he can do. I hope he is truly successful and somehow amazingly gets us into the playoffs and wins (though I do not see that happening). If Driskel gets hurt, guess what, I hope Savage comes out and lights it up. You don't have to root against one because you like the other. I really don't care who the QB is, I just want them to win....

Interesting fork here, what if you want Driskell and the team to fail because it's better for draft position? It's kind of a serious question. At this point the team is better of losing than winning. Now do I think professional athletes will tank? No. I do however think that since the NFL rewards teams for losing with higher draft picks it would make sense to want the team to lose at this point to win down the road. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention Dalton has won in Primetime, and has beaten the Stealers in Primetime.... so "Can't" isn't exactly accurate....

I definitely think it's time to find Andy's replacement...and I don't pretend he's some world beater....but we could have done a lot worse over the years too. 

If they draft one this year, I think any of the choices would need quite a bit of development. The kid is very young, but I would start a rebuild next season, and target Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson for 2020 if he comes out. He could flounder between now and then, but what he does as a true freshman is pretty remarkable.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, this place sounds a lot like Kindergarten. "You can't be his friend because he's my friend". "If you like so and so, then you can't like so and so"..... I like Dalton. I see through the hate and can look at his stats, and see that in many many areas he is in truly elite company. I also see his weaknesses. I like Driskel, and am intrigued to see what he can do. I hope he is truly successful and somehow amazingly gets us into the playoffs and wins (though I do not see that happening). If Driskel gets hurt, guess what, I hope Savage comes out and lights it up. You don't have to root against one because you like the other. I really don't care who the QB is, I just want them to win....

Well said sled..... exactly how I feel.  You can't point to Dalton's strengths, or Driskel's weaknesses without being a "lover" or "hater". No, it's just called objectivity.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: I definitely think it's time to find Andy's replacement...and I don't pretend he's some world beater....but we could have done a lot worse over the years too. 

If they draft one this year, I think any of the choices would need quite a bit of development. The kid is very young, but I would start a rebuild next season, and target Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson for 2020 if he comes out. He could flounder between now and then, but what he does as a true freshman is pretty remarkable.

Watch Duke Qb Daniel Jones if he comes out (I think he will). He has been coached under Manning QB guru David Cutcliffe and will be a draft process star when teams put him in front of a white board. His pre snap reads and adjustments make him a year 1 starter and he has good ball placement, perfect for a Giants style or Raiders west coast offense. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but he is relatively athletic for his size and has a lot of the things that will get coaches excited. I think he has a Carson Wentz style climb up draft boards leading up to the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: The myth of needing a bridge QB has been proven false time and time again. Driskell can stick around as a backup after drafting a QB if that's the route we'd like to go. Minshew is a day 2/3 prospect. The issue is the Air Raid has just not produced quality NFL QB's. That has changed a bit recently, but I'm not betting Menshew is one of those guys. Haskins may go back to school, I think he should, but if he comes out he is a late 1 maybe an early 2. He has nice placement of the ball, but he can struggle sometimes handling pressure, he just doesn't seem comfortable as the pocket collapses. I'm a hard pass on Herbert, I think he is the next great bust. Grier I haven't seen enough to make a call either way on.

Grier has the same issue as Haskins probably a bit worse. When under pressure he bails quickly and tries to do to much which end up in sacks and fumbles.

Grier is a shorter QB with an NFL average arm. He has a quick release and excellent ball placement. He is accurate at all three levels showing touch.

....but how will he look in a NFL system under center with the pressure coming and the throwing windows tighter.

I'd pass on Grier.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:10 AM)Synric Wrote: Grier has the same issue as Haskins probably a bit worse. When under pressure the bails quickly and tries to do to much when end up in sacks and fumbles.

Grier is a shorter QB with an NFL average arm. He has a quick release and excellent ball placement. He is accurate at all three levels showing touch.

....but how will he look in a NFL system under center with the pressure coming and the throwing windows tighter.

I'd pass on Grier.

Does he run a true spread or a full field spread? The thing Haskins has going for him is he does run a full field spread, meaning they didn't chop it in half like RG3 and only give him two reads. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dude....calm down. I can only think of one or two on here that are true Dalton homers. I call it like I see it. He's an average to above average QB. I've ALWAYS said that.

That said, it's also like some people want to see him fail.  You can't say anything positive about the guy without being a "lover". McCarron was overrated in college, he was overrated here....it's that simple. The last Bama QB to piss a drop in this league was Ken Stabler. Let that sink in a minute..... that's what scares me about Tua. Sure he looks good, and he DOES have the arm....but shit.... he's got 10 seconds to scan the field!

I just try to be objective....AD is no Unitas, but he's not near the bum people want to proclaim him to be.  

The issues on this team are what they always have been since Mike Clown took over.....ownership and coaching.

Look at Palmer, left here and went to a NFCCG at age 35 with 2 bum knees, a ****** up index finger, and nerve damage in his throwing shoulder. He choked here too. Think about it for a minute......

I disagree theres a lot on here and a lot out there,i think its about 50/50 split on dalton in our fanbase and the dalton lovers are hard core with the same list of excuses. People wanted mccaron to fail seriously, hes the closest to come to a playoff win and dalton lovers loved it when he was shipped out of here and gloated when he didnt get no chance,they say he got cut which isnt really what happened he got injured ,but that doesnt fit their narrative on the guy. They are glad to say he aint a starter. Its truley a split battle within our own fanbase over dalton.im sick of it. Ive rooted for the guy but i want to win. 

Palmer was the best talent we had,going against top defenses and our only real shot at a superbowl,he got hurt by the cheats and then bad management. Palmer was a top 3 qb. Dalton isnt and never will be. 

And once again like i said ownership will not get better, coaching will not get better,our only hope his a more talented qb then what we have. Or we are going to be in ground hogs day every damn year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: Watch Duke Qb Daniel Jones if he comes out (I think he will). He has been coached under Manning QB guru David Cutcliffe and will be a draft process star when teams put him in front of a white board. His pre snap reads and adjustments make him a year 1 starter and he has good ball placement, perfect for a Giants style or Raiders west coast offense. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but he is relatively athletic for his size and has a lot of the things that will get coaches excited. I think he has a Carson Wentz style climb up draft boards leading up to the draft. 

Agree on that....I haven't watched a ton of him, but I am a Noles fan, so I see a bit of the ACC each week watching our games and keeping up with the conference. I like the intangibles as much as you....but love the Lawrence kid's tangibles. 

Speaking of Cutcliffe, that man does a helluva job in Durham. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: Watch Duke Qb Daniel Jones if he comes out (I think he will). He has been coached under Manning QB guru David Cutcliffe and will be a draft process star when teams put him in front of a white board. His pre snap reads and adjustments make him a year 1 starter and he has good ball placement, perfect for a Giants style or Raiders west coast offense. He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but he is relatively athletic for his size and has a lot of the things that will get coaches excited. I think he has a Carson Wentz style climb up draft boards leading up to the draft. 

Yeah thats who i mentioned at the end, hes a good prospect. My favorite is the stache guy so far though. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:10 AM)Synric Wrote: Grier has the same issue as Haskins probably a bit worse. When under pressure he bails quickly and tries to do to much which end up in sacks and fumbles.

I'd pass on Grier.

Interesting take. I've only watched 3 'eers games this year... I'll say this for him, he never thinks he's out of it. Texas game was a hoot to watch. 

Being the WVU fan you are, I appreciate the insight on him.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: Does he run a true spread or a full field spread? The thing Haskins has going for him is he does run a full field spread, meaning they didn't chop it in half like RG3 and only give him two reads. 

It's full field. 

Grier does throw a really pretty ball. I'd argue he has the best ball placement in college football...the issue is during the Iowa State and Oklahoma State games the defense pressed and rushed the passer which totally threw Grier off his game he looked like a completely different QB under pressure.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think at this point we just need to start over with a new QB and a new head coach, and I’m not a Andy hater either. Im just over this Lewis/Dalton era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote