Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race, culture and assimilation
There have been multiple threads and posts about how foreigners need to stay in their own country because their culture is too different from ours or that they refuse to assimilate properly.

While I am of the mind that proper assimilation also includes some absorbing of the new culture by the new country I posed a question in a thread that I would like to see the feeling on of the folks in here.

Would you like to see just an all white / Christian culture in America?  Seriously.  An American where foreigners are kept out because of their culture and / or race.

Serious answers please.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
No to the all white culture. Yes to the all Christian culture but not if it's forced. I would love if this country was a truly Christian country following the teachings of Jesus, loving their neighbors, etc. But i only want it if it's something everyone chose.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Because when you go to a new country/culture you leave behind a portion of yours and take on the new. You assimilate to the new culture the new culture doesn't assimilate to you.
(06-12-2016, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: There have been multiple threads and posts about how foreigners need to stay in their own country because their culture is too different from ours or that they refuse to assimilate properly.

While I am of the mind that proper assimilation also includes some absorbing of the new culture by the new country I posed a question in a thread that I would like to see the feeling on of the folks in here.

Would you like to see just an all white / Christian culture in America?  Seriously.  An American where foreigners are kept out because of their culture and / or race.

Serious answers please.

That's a tough (semi-loaded) question.

I just want people to go through life without making any demands of me, providing I'm not making any of them.

I suppose common morals/courtesy would be another thing.

If that excludes any race/culture, then I guess I'm a terrible person.
Assimilation in modern United States has nothing to do with race and religion. It has to do with basic premises surrounding 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' for all that we are still striving to make better since our founding fathers started the revolution that changed the humanity forever. Yes, there was a long period of time when Judaeo-christian whites ruled the U.S. and Europe with many sins like slavery happening under them. And as terrible as those sins were, the modern first world that we live in today is a direct social evolutionary result from those times and mindsets, whether we like it or not.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-12-2016, 12:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No to the all white culture. Yes to the all Christian culture but not if it's forced. I would love if this country was a truly Christian country following the teachings of Jesus, loving their neighbors, etc. But i only want it if it's something everyone chose.

America was founded by people fleeing a Christian nation.

As to the OP, an all one-race one-religion country reeks of extremism. If that were the case, we'd be more akin to the countries the people clamoring for such nonsense hate than the America we're supposed to love.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
I do, however, believe that if you come here to live that you have to live by America's rules and laws. You cannot claim religious freedom when those freedoms conflict with the laws of the country (such as Sharia Law or the marrying of minors).
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-12-2016, 01:10 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I do, however, believe that if you come here to live that you have to live by America's rules and laws. You cannot claim religious freedom when those freedoms conflict with the laws of the country (such as Sharia Law or the marrying of minors).

Hey grab a mod I think Kain's account has been compromised he he sounding like me...  Ninja  
(06-12-2016, 01:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: America was founded by people fleeing a Christian nation.

As to the OP, an all one-race one-religion country reeks of extremism. If that were the case, we'd be more akin to the countries the people clamoring for such nonsense hate than the America we're supposed to love.

You mean like in the Arab Nations?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The way immigrants assimilate is through the Second, Third and Forth Generation.

When people came here and come here to the United States, that immigrant followed the laws of the land, learn just enough English to survive and lived with others of like mind and language. The immigrant fully embraced their new country and culture but there is no way possible to remove the "Old Country" from the person. It is the immigrants children who fully assimilated to their new country while holding onto their parents and grand parents culture. After generations of living in their new country and mixing with all the other cultures and people do they truly assimilate to the new country.
(06-12-2016, 01:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean like in the Arab Nations?

I kind of lead towards that a sentence later.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-12-2016, 01:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey grab a mod I think Kain's account has been compromised he he sounding like me...  Ninja  

That also means that religion cannot be used to push a political platform since the country is founded on the separation thereof.

No hiding behind your religion and crying when equal rights are handed out.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-12-2016, 01:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I kind of lead towards that a sentence later.

I can't find much in statistical data to back it up, but I think the majority of Nations in the World are predominately one race.  North American and European Nations being the exception.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-12-2016, 01:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't find much in statistical data to back it up, but I think the majority of Nations in the World are predominately one race.  North American and European Nations being the exception.

Ironic, since most countries suck.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-12-2016, 01:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't find much in statistical data to back it up, but I think the majority of Nations in the World are predominately one race.  North American and European Nations being the exception.
I doubt it man. About every nation in Africa and the middle have borders that were drawn by colonial powers with little regard to the different ethnicities within. That's why we see things like what happened in Rwanda. They all look like "Africans" to us, but they don't see it that way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-12-2016, 05:13 PM)jason Wrote: I doubt it man. About every nation in Africa and the middle have borders that were drawn by colonial powers with little regard to the different ethnicities within. That's why we see things like what happened in Rwanda. They all look like "Africans" to us, but they don't see it that way.

Are they really different races, or are they just different peoples?  Take a native born Irishman, German, and corn farmer from Iowa, all different peoples, but same White race.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-12-2016, 05:13 PM)jason Wrote: I doubt it man. About every nation in Africa and the middle have borders that were drawn by colonial powers with little regard to the different ethnicities within. That's why we see things like what happened in Rwanda. They all look like "Africans" to us, but they don't see it that way.

I used to think that those borders drawn were a bad thing but it's kept then killing get each other and out of our hair.    Once we support dictators overthrown in the Middle East we now have to deal with their violence.    

Until the people of these barbaric regions learn a less violent way then they will never assimilate to the rest of the world.    

This is why I wished we had an Australia style point system for immigration.  
(06-12-2016, 05:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they really different races, or are they just different peoples?  Take a native born Irishman, German, and corn farmer from Iowa, all different peoples, but same White race.

Ha.... tell that to the German. I agree with you. When I see an Italian and a German, I see 2 white guys. They don't. It's ethnic groups and not race per se, but their feelings are often just as strong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-12-2016, 05:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I used to think that those borders drawn were a bad thing but it's kept then killing get each other and out of our hair.    Once we support dictators overthrown in the Middle East we now have to deal with their violence.    

Until the people of these barbaric regions learn a less violent way then they will never assimilate to the rest of the world.    

This is why I wished we had an Australia style point system for immigration.  

Yeah. I wish we were never involved with Sadam, the Saudis, or the Shah. If we had no use for the oil, we could let them fight it out or let them be. Most of the hatred among Arabs is a result of the whole Shia and Sunni thing. In Africa a lot of it has to do with tribes that have traditionally not gotten along living within the same "unnatural borders". It's like forcing the Hatfields and McCoys to live in the same house. The US had little if anything to do with the borders in the Middle East or Africa. We can thank the Europeans for that. Certain groups just don't get along, and shouldn't have been forced to live together. I think we would hear of far less barbaric behavior in Africa if that didn't happen. The mid east is a different ballgame though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-12-2016, 05:47 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. I wish we were never involved with Sadam, the Saudis, or the Shah. If we had no use for the oil, we could let them fight it out or let them be. Most of the hatred among Arabs is a result of the whole Shia and Sunni thing. In Africa a lot of it has to do with tribes that have traditionally not gotten along living within the same "unnatural borders". It's like forcing the Hatfields and McCoys to live in the same house. The US had little if anything to do with the borders in the Middle East or Africa. We can thank the Europeans for that. Certain groups just don't get along, and shouldn't have been forced to live together. I think we would hear of far less barbaric behavior in Africa if that didn't happen. The mid east is a different ballgame though.

Both regions have never progressed.... They have always been barbaric.   Exactly the reason they should probably be cut off until they figure it out.   

People tend to blame colonialism but I am grateful we were a British colony.   Lots of colonies were able to progress and move forward.    These areas are just broken.