Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race, culture and assimilation
(06-12-2016, 05:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Both regions have never progressed.... They have always been barbaric.   Exactly the reason they should probably be cut off until they figure it out.   

People tend to blame colonialism but I am grateful we were a British colony.   Lots of colonies were able to progress and move forward.    These areas are just broken.   

Sub Saharan Africa has been cut off. All we ever needed from them was slaves and diamonds... maybe rubber. I don't know. I wish we would/ could do the same with the middle East. The toothpaste is outta the tube there.

No one knows for sure, but I'm not certain we would have been successful as we were had our founders not all been primarily English. Imagine if there were huge numbers if Germans, Irish, Spaniards, and French all squabbling and packed into the 13 colonies. We didn't become this melting pot until later.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-12-2016, 05:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Both regions have never progressed.... They have always been barbaric.   Exactly the reason they should probably be cut off until they figure it out.   

People tend to blame colonialism but I am grateful we were a British colony.   Lots of colonies were able to progress and move forward.    These areas are just broken.   

You have absolutely no clue about that region do you?

Glad its not about race for you.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2016, 06:08 PM)jason Wrote: Sub Saharan Africa has been cut off. All we ever needed from them was slaves and diamonds... maybe rubber. I don't know. I wish we would/ could do the same with the middle East. The toothpaste is outta the tube there.

No one knows for sure, but I'm not certain we would have been successful as we were had our founders not all been primarily English. Imagine if there were huge numbers if Germans, Irish, Spaniards, and French all squabbling and packed into the 13 colonies. We didn't become this melting pot until later.

We are definitely on the same page.   The English don't get the credit the deserve, they were an amazing group of people for all their faults they were the parents to our greatness.    

It could be worse we could have been a Spanish or Dutch colony like Central America.    The differences in how they colonized are pretty interesting.   
(06-12-2016, 06:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: You have absolutely no clue about that region do you?

Glad its not about race for you.   Mellow

No you want it to be about race for me.   You want this so bad it's all you can post about.... Between you and Benton I'm not sure who is hung up more on race/skin colour.    
(06-12-2016, 06:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No you want it to be about race for me.   You want this so bad it's all you can post about.... Between you and Benton I'm not sure who is hung up more on race/skin colour.    

Do you have any idea about how advanced some areas were?

No.

You cast a large net over an entire region because of your own personal hatred bias.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-12-2016, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: There have been multiple threads and posts about how foreigners need to stay in their own country because their culture is too different from ours or that they refuse to assimilate properly.

While I am of the mind that proper assimilation also includes some absorbing of the new culture by the new country I posed a question in a thread that I would like to see the feeling on of the folks in here.

Would you like to see just an all white / Christian culture in America?  Seriously.  An American where foreigners are kept out because of their culture and / or race.

Serious answers please.

Since this is your opinion I will forgive you for having it and can actually respect this view of yours.  WTS however, I completely disagree.  The native people of a country should not be forced to accept any of the foreigner's culture.  That doesn't mean that they can't if they want to, but there is nothing wrong with not absorbing any of the culture of the new people.

To answer your question, and this may surprise some, but I don't want an all white Christian culture in America.  What I do want is to be able to freely associate with people of my own choosing.  I would also like to see other races succeed. However, I have seen non whites lie to protect each other.  I saw this in elementary, middle and high school.  I witnessed this in the Army and every job I have worked.  So I have learned through experience that non whites don't have my best interest in mind and only will side with me if they think it will benefit them.  I feel that I should be able to associate with others whose interest lie with my own.

Now onto Muslims.  Look, I don't hate, nor fear Muslims.  I have visited Turkey and Dubai and been to Kuwait and Iraq and Afghanistan.  I have met some really nice and awesome people.  However I know that some of those people that I have met wouldn't hesitate to kill me and my family.  For this, I am cautious about bringing in a huge number of people that practice this religion.  I don't see the value in bringing in someone whose ideology is so diametrically opposed to my own.  It is one thing to go visit in these countries (with their permission) and embrace their customs and culture while there, but it is another to bring in 1000 to move into my neighborhood in which they decide to set up speakers so they can have their call to prayer.

I didn't complain about the call when I was in their country.  Why should I?  I am in their country.  Yet this is my country and to think I should change my culture to accommodate them is insulting.  I expect them to be just as embracing of my customs and culture when they come to my country.

I even say the same thing about Mexicans.  If Mexico is so great, then why leave it?  Don't come to the US and burn our flag and attack our people while waving the Mexican flag while holding signs that say "Make America, Mexico again".  For then you aren't an immigrant looking to better yourself, you aren't a refugee fleeing from a bad situation.  No you are an invader and you should be treated as such.  I would never dream of going to Mexico and doing those things in that country, and the government wouldn't tolerate me doing them either.

If I flee the country and move to another, I know that the constitution would no longer apply to me and that I would be wrong for demanding whichever country I fled to change their government and policies to accommodate me.  It would be wrong to burn their flag and wave the US flag and attack the police, just because I didn't like what one of their politicians had to say.

I actually believe that this country is big enough for different zones.  Have your all white areas, your all black areas, all hispanic areas, all asian areas and so on.  You can even have your multicultural areas that have the mixtures of the races.  People should be free to travel through these zones as well.  Meaning a black person can travel through the white area, but the black person should not be able to force his way into living in that area.  If he wants to live around whites, then there will be places that he could move to.  If whites want to live near him then they will do so.  As long as we are all UNITED in one cause, and that is to defend our freedoms and our sovereignty from any force that would seek to destroy it, we should be able to do that without forcing people to integrate.

This is an honest response from me.  I am sure some will just TL;DR and say "Racist, White Supremacist", however it is my opinion and I am free to have it even if others disagree with it.
(06-12-2016, 11:00 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I actually believe that this country is big enough for different zones.  Have your all white areas, your all black areas, all hispanic areas, all asian areas and so on.  You can even have your multicultural areas that have the mixtures of the races.  People should be free to travel through these zones as well.  Meaning a black person can travel through the white area, but the black person should not be able to force his way into living in that area.  If he wants to live around whites, then there will be places that he could move to.  If whites want to live near him then they will do so.  As long as we are all UNITED in one cause, and that is to defend our freedoms and our sovereignty from any force that would seek to destroy it, we should be able to do that without forcing people to integrate.

This is an honest response from me.  I am sure some will just TL;DR and say "Racist, White Supremacist", however it is my opinion and I am free to have it even if others disagree with it.

I appreciate your honesty; however, I strongly disagree. There should not be "zones"; there should be a mixed society where folks are free to mingle as they choose. 

As to the OP: I wish there was a society that consisted of 99.99% female (real females) and .01% male (me). I could care less what the race or religion is.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-13-2016, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I appreciate your honesty; however, I strongly disagree. There should not be "zones"; there should be a mixed society where folks are free to mingle as they choose. 

As to the OP: I wish there was a society that consisted of 99.99% female (real females) and .01% male (me). I could care less what the race or religion is.

Maybe the word "zone" isn't the right one.  I agree that people should be free to mingle.  Like I said, a black man can go to the white areas and hang out with his white friends that live there (if he has any) and should be free to do so without being attacked.

I also don't mean that we should split up the states or anything like that (seven states for this group, seven for that group), the zones I refer to are smaller, like neighborhoods and maybe a small town or very small city.  Don't use governmental programs to force integration into these areas.
no to all white

no to christian culture (biblical sharia is still sharia law)

yes to people just treating others with an ounce of dignity and respect. you do that, and stop thinking you are better, problems will be cut drastically
People suck
Mixed races.
Immigrants follow our laws but incorporate aspects of their own culture.
More common sense.
Less entitlement.
No religion.
(06-13-2016, 06:55 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Maybe the word "zone" isn't the right one.  I agree that people should be free to mingle.  Like I said, a black man can go to the white areas and hang out with his white friends that live there (if he has any) and should be free to do so without being attacked.

I also don't mean that we should split up the states or anything like that (seven states for this group, seven for that group), the zones I refer to are smaller, like neighborhoods and maybe a small town or very small city.  Don't use governmental programs to force integration into these areas.

Maybe it's just the places I've been, but doesn't that already happen to a degree?

To me, it seems like people already gravitate toward people like them. If you're picking an area to live, you're probably looking at a job or recreation first, then you start narrowing things down. School districts, amenities, drive to work, etc. All that stuff, you're filtering out demographics. If you're looking for a good school district, most likely you're moving away from poorer neighborhoods (which tend to have more minorities). If you're moving toward an area with lots of hiking trails, you're — typically — moving toward an area with younger people who enjoy the outdoors. We may not be consciously thinking "I need to move where there's more people like me" but that's effectively what happens for those with some mobility in life.
(06-13-2016, 10:02 AM)Benton Wrote: Maybe it's just the places I've been, but doesn't that already happen to a degree?

To me, it seems like people already gravitate toward people like them. If you're picking an area to live, you're probably looking at a job or recreation first, then you start narrowing things down. School districts, amenities, drive to work, etc. All that stuff, you're filtering out demographics. If you're looking for a good school district, most likely you're moving away from poorer neighborhoods (which tend to have more minorities). If you're moving toward an area with lots of hiking trails, you're — typically — moving toward an area with younger people who enjoy the outdoors. We may not be consciously thinking "I need to move where there's more people like me" but that's effectively what happens for those with some mobility in life.
This.....

I personally feel like class and wealth are way more important in our society than race is. I won't get long winded about it everyone knows what I mean.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I prefer the word integrate to assimilate, but that might be a question of semantics.

People of all races, religions, cultures, whathaveyou can get along just fine. Hell, it happens everyday and nobody says a peep about it. But you're always going to have some bad apples, and unfortunately the bad apples get the spotlight.

As for how a country approaches it, I don't much care. As long as the government actively prohibits segregation.
(06-13-2016, 12:45 PM)jason Wrote: This.....

I personally feel like class and wealth are way more important in our society than race is. I won't get long winded about it everyone knows what I mean.

You are correct.
I moved from a "normal" neighborhood to one of the more expensive in my city.
The difference in the treatment from people is amazing.
I went from being a bland face in the crowd to hanging with city council members and being acknowledged by the mayor, in passing.
I'm the same guy, but it's weird how people treat you differently.
Heck, I even still wear the same Harley t-shirts and beat up jeans.
I only had a change in my location of residence.
People are weird.
(06-13-2016, 02:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You are correct.
I went from being a bland face in the crowd to hanging with city council members and being acknowledged by the mayor, in passing.
People are weird.

its nice that the mayor acknowledges you when you are washing his car windows with windex and a newspaper Ninja

:jk:
People suck
(06-13-2016, 02:13 PM)Griever Wrote: its nice that the mayor acknowledges you when you are washing his car windows with windex and a newspaper Ninja

:jk:

He appreciated the upgrade from spit and my underwear.
Ninja
(06-13-2016, 02:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He appreciated the upgrade from spit and my underwear.
Ninja

i would think so...spit does nothing but smear skidmarks from the underwear
People suck
People are weird.

People gravitate to likeness. People in your community normally assume you're like them. If you move into a white upperclass neighborhood — even if you don't have a nickel — the people there assume you're going to have a profession along the line of theirs, similar social interests, hobbies, etc. I think people have a harder time when a very poor family moves into a middle or upper middle class neighborhood more than when a minority moves into a predominantly one race neighborhood.

(06-13-2016, 02:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He appreciated the upgrade from spit and my underwear.
Ninja

Depending on your city, the mayor may pay extra for that.

Mellow
(06-13-2016, 02:51 PM)Benton Wrote: Depending on your city, the mayor may pay extra for that.

Mellow

[Image: Rob-Ford-e1394750396978.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
People are weird.

These people just casually stroll through your bedroom?  Ya' agoraphobe.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]