Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
(01-13-2022, 07:57 PM)jason Wrote: Saturday evening is gonna be lit...

Indeed my good man.... Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: there's a reason they gave Mixon 30 carries last time they faced Vegas

because our tackles were getting manhandled

They had one sack in the first quarter.

Reply/Quote
That game was closer than it seemed but we still crushed them on the end. I still stand by it they give Burrow time nothing else matters. 2.5 seconds 82% accuracy is nuts
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: They had one sack in the first quarter.

the coaches have eyes. they saw the damage the edge rushers were causing.

if you can, please go back and re-watch that game. At least the 1st quarter
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:57 PM)jason Wrote: Saturday evening is gonna be lit...

The evening or you?  

I'm not sure I'm going to keep to my dry January commitment this Saturday.  Either a drink to calm the nerves or a drink to celebrate, but I'm pretty sure I'm breaking my booze fast. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:46 PM)jason Wrote: Down 14 three times...

Yep, your right.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the coaches have eyes. they saw the damage the edge rushers were causing.

if you can, please go back and re-watch that game. At least the 1st quarter

I remember. They had the strip sack early. Zac said "the dam will eventually break", and it did. These guys are good, no question about it. That said, they also got it ran down their throats. 

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:33 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I remember. They had the strip sack early. Zac said "the dam will eventually break", and it did. These guys are good, no question about it. That said, they also got it ran down their throats. 

Did we really run it down their throats though? Mixon averaged 4.1 ypc and the bengals only scored 13 points through 3 quarters of that game

The bengals defense played lights out fur sure
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Did we really run it down their throats though? Mixon averaged 4.1 ypc and the bengals only scored 13 points through 3 quarters of that game

Well I guess it’s a good thing there are 4 quarters then, huh?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If they give burrow time it won’t matter who they face

You arent wrong, but its the first word of that sentence that worries me. Hopefully the Bengals have a good week of practice and can select the best 5 for the line. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Did we really run it down their throats though? Mixon averaged 4.1 ypc and the bengals only scored 13 points through 3 quarters of that game

Yes, the defense did, and there's the following point too. We won 32-13. So, as Zac said, the dam broke. In other words, the run game and those manhandled tackled eventually wore out the Raiders. 

(01-13-2022, 10:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well I guess it’s a good thing there are 4 quarters then, huh?

Yessir.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:39 AM)Whacked Wrote: This article conveys some valid points on why this game will be much closer than some may think.

I sure hope the Bengals don’t overlook the confidence, grittiness and 4 weeks’ straight of wins for the Raiders

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/12/raiders-starting-to-get-used-to-winning-and-that-makes-them-dangerous/

Good stuff, Whack, but this article is really reaching and pumping up a lot of false hopes.

No team is hotter than the Raiders?  Really?  Does Green Bay and KC know this?  Do the Bengals?

After getting destroyed by the Chiefs (who is the only team that they faced that has weapons and a QB like Cincy in their "run"), their schedule looks like this:

Beat a Nick Mullins-led Browns team that had a ton of folks out with Covid.

Beat a Drew Lock-led Broncos team at home

Beat an Indy team with a QB that had been out for a week due to COVID (unvaccinated)

Beat the Chargers at home in OT in a game where they gave up 6 of 7 fourth down conversions.  

The last game was probably the most impressive, but the Chargers don't look ready for Prime Time as they lost 3 of their last 4 down the stretch to piss away any playoff chances.  Herbert, to his credit, played very well.  

I don't see that in any way shape or form as "the hottest team in the league".

Heck, I would put the following teams ahead of them in terms of who is really hitting their stride at the right time:

Bengals 
Chiefs
Bills (won 5 straight, all by double digits)

Hell, I would even put pitt ahead of them as they won 3 of their last 4 including a huge upset over the Titans.  

So, no disrespect to the Raiders, but this article is full of poo
Reply/Quote
Yeah a lot of raiders fans saying they're super hot, I juts say did you see Burrow's last 2 games, apparently not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:13 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah a lot of raiders fans saying they're super hot, I juts say did you see Burrow's last 2 games, apparently not.

Raiders are playing for the loss of John Madden, but the Bengals are playing for everything!

The fans, the city, Paul Brown, heck even trying to win it before Mike passes away!!!  

WHO DEY
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: If we are down "several touchdowns" then the confidence issue likely isn't with Burrow but the defense. Besides how can anyone be upset about fans panicking when we are down "several touchdowns"? 99.9% of the time we lose those games and those fans are correct in their panic. 
We could be dome couple tds because of offensive turnovers also, that is the main variable in my opinion that could cause us to lose, We play a clean game on offense I feel Raiders offense does not have the fire power to sustain enough scoring drives to score enough pts to win.
Reply/Quote
Its a fine day to break a curse and let the good times start to flow.

The Raiders just happen to be in the path and must be crushed.

Don't see their DB's who lead the league in pass interference calls being able to handle the Bengals weapons. Expect home crowd noise to be a big factor as well.

Believe the Bengals will throw a bunch of quick hitting routes early to keep pass rush at bay and that will open up the deep balls and running lanes later. See Tyler Boyd being instrumental today as well with Chase and Tee drawing the double teams.

Turnovers and mental errors are the only thing that can stop Bengals in this match up imo.

Just think Bengals will be too focused today to allow this to happen.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote