Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
(01-13-2022, 03:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The weak minded can’t handle the gd thread.

No, it's the weak minded that can't handle a little adversity without turning into whiney little ******* declaring a loss halfway through the first quarter. The strong minded just say we have some work to do, start digging boys and we'll be right back in it.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, I don't recall those folks continuously moving the goalposts. Maybe it's just me and I'm remembering things wrong. Even Zac's biggest supporter said he needed to have a winning season and make the playoffs to be retained coming into the season. I agreed with that premise myself. So, I'm seeing it a bit differently than you are I guess. I'm seeing some folks that are going to be critical no matter how much success the team has with this HC and staff. 

Critiquing is one thing, and warranted at times, but some of it has been over the top. I've read some on social media that think the guy should still be let go at the end of the season...lol. Granted, I've not seen any takes that over the top here, but by the same token, I've seen some views that hint around at it. For a while, there was a new thread every week it seemed about what Zac needed to do to prove himself, etc. 

It was pretty much the same people each week having the same argument of whether he was a good coach or not. Some had blind optimism/faith and others had blind faith. I think about half-way through the season most fans were pretty in the middle and if not for a late season surge winning 3 in a row he could have been gone after this year. 

A good portion of the criticism Taylor received over the past 2.5 season was deserved. The praise he has got over the past 1 to .5 season has been deserved. Obviously at some point there was going to be that overlapping section. 

The Fire Zac Taylor threads after losses are just as lame as the Hah I Was Right threads some people how thrown up the last couple weeks. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Try some of these on for size....lol

Maybe I was raised differently, but if I critique someone's job, I had better be qualified to do so. Not saying we all don't know a little something about football, but I would almost guarantee non us could handle a candle to what ZT knows about football. I would like to add, it's not always about X's and O's, it's about how you manage, motivate people. I've been behind Zac since the beginning, been pissed a couple of times, but he always seemed to be about something more than X's and O's. He changed the culture!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 03:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The weak minded can’t handle the gd thread.

It's more the ignorant people
Reply/Quote
So if the Bengals players are confident, does that cancel out their confidence?

Winning four in a row is always good, but one of those four they played against a third string QB and a lot of other backups. That being said, at no point do I imagine this will be a blowout. I would love it to be to keep the stress level down, but those are rare.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So if the Bengals players are confident, does that cancel out their confidence?

Winning four in a row is always good, but one of those four they played against a third string QB and a lot of other backups.  That being said, at no point do I imagine this will be a blowout.  I would love it to be to keep the stress level down, but those are rare.

I'm already stressed and it's still 2 days away!!   lol
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: It was pretty much the same people each week having the same argument of whether he was a good coach or not. Some had blind optimism/faith and others had blind faith. I think about half-way through the season most fans were pretty in the middle and if not for a late season surge winning 3 in a row he could have been gone after this year. 

A good portion of the criticism Taylor received over the past 2.5 season was deserved. The praise he has got over the past 1 to .5 season has been deserved. Obviously at some point there was going to be that overlapping section. 

The Fire Zac Taylor threads after losses are just as lame as the Hah I Was Right threads some people how thrown up the last couple weeks. 

I definitely agree with that, wholeheartedly. It brings up an interesting thought....I think there are some that just can't admit they may have been wrong about what these guys were building. The flip of that is, no one likes a bragger...lol. If this team had failed to win the division, I'd wager the " fire Zac" crowd may have been a bit louder. 

For me, I can't say I was 100 percent behind keeping Zac. However, I was also willing to have a little more patience with him than most. For one, I realized this team was swirling the drain the last two years Marvin was here and that it wouldn't be an overnight deal gutting and replenishing the roster. Even if Marvin was still here, he was going to have to go through those pains himself. The core was all over thirty, and the rest of the team/depth just wasn't very good. *Especially* the oline. It was gonna be a mess for a while, one way or another.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He got us to the Post season and did it in a way that makes me think we can win there. We will see Saturday.

Beating KC on a 8 game winning streak will do that to you. And it wasn't just a game where both teams failed to get things moving either. Add that to the fact we were down 14pts twice, and that our D held them to 3pts in the 2nd half to the likes of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelcy, one could get a little fired up about the capabilities of this team. That comeback win not only re-solidified the confidence from the fanbase, it also snapped up most of the haters in the media. 

This has been the slowest friggen week of my life. I want that game to start NOW!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe I was raised differently, but if I critique someone's job, I had better be qualified to do so. Not saying we all don't know a little something about football, but I would almost guarantee non us could handle a candle to what ZT knows about football. I would like to add, it's not always about X's and O's, it's about how you manage, motivate people. I've been behind Zac since the beginning, been pissed a couple of times, but he always seemed to be about something more than X's and O's. He changed the culture!

That brings up an interesting tidbit I saw today. Darrin Simmons pretty much said what you typed. He attributes the turnaround to Zac learning to manage the entire team and not just the offense over these three years. Pretty good read if you take a notion....

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Beating KC on a 8 game winning streak will do that to you. And it wasn't just a game where both teams failed to get things moving either. Add that to the fact we were down 14pts twice, and that our D held them to 3pts in the 2nd half to the likes of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelcy, one could get a little fired up about the capabilities of this team. That comeback win not only re-solidified the confidence from the fanbase, it also snapped up most of the haters in the media. 

This has been the slowest friggen week of my life. I want that game to start NOW!

Down 14 three times...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm already stressed and it's still 2 days away!!   lol

I'm trying to just roll like I have all year....even keel and low blood pressure. I'm not sure that's gonna be the case come Saturday...lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 05:13 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am a lot more confident after reading this.  

They're really not all that man... Carr is a solid to good QB, and they've got a coupla guys who can make some plays on both sides of the ball. We're the better team, and we have the better coach,..... AND we're playing at home. We'd better win this damn game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:47 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm trying to just roll like I have all year....even keel and low blood pressure. I'm not sure that's gonna be the case come Saturday...lol.

Saturday evening is gonna be lit...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, it's the weak minded that can't handle a little adversity without turning into whiney little ******* declaring a loss halfway through the first quarter. The strong minded just say we have some work to do, start digging boys and we'll be right back in it.

Unfortunately we’re just fans and however you feel in that thread has zero outcome in the game. So those that complain about that thread are weak minded. Can’t accept the truth lol. A lot of those things are said in jest. I’m convinced many people don’t have that part of their brain lol
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: They're really not all that man... Carr is a solid to good QB, and they've got a coupla guys who can make some plays on both sides of the ball. We're the better team, and we have the better coach,..... AND we're playing at home. We'd better win this damn game.

Oh I agree, the Bengals roster is very good.. The Raiders roster is good. The Jungle needs to be rocking and we are due for a dominant game from the D-line.  

This game will be won on the trenches
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: They're really not all that man... Carr is a solid to good QB, and they've got a coupla guys who can make some plays on both sides of the ball. We're the better team, and we have the better coach,..... AND we're playing at home. We'd better win this damn game.

Raiders are the team everyone would want to face.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Raiders are the team everyone would want to face.

For me, it was between them and Pittsburgh. The Raiders get the nod because it's tough to whoop a team 3 times in one year... I heard earlier today that the Steelers are the biggest underdog in playoff history... 12 points.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Raiders are the team everyone would want to face.

im not gonna lie

I was hoping to see the chargers, steelers, and patriots before Vegas
Reply/Quote
If they give burrow time it won’t matter who they face
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If they give burrow time it won’t matter who they face

there's a reason they gave Mixon 30 carries last time they faced Vegas

because our tackles were getting manhandled
Reply/Quote