Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Bengals predictions
(09-12-2018, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know this 

Marvin is 2-1 against the Ravens in prime time.

Just the facts, Dude.

Plus, the Bengals are decent on Thursday nights. They're just really bad on Monday night and really really bad on Sunday night.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This could be an ugly one to watch. First Thursday night game of the season after a Sunday game. Between that and working out the early season kinks, ugh. These Thursday night games just need to go as they typically suck to watch, but the NFL loves their $$$ from it.

Bengals win 16 - 13
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This could be an ugly one to watch. First Thursday night game of the season after a Sunday game. Between that and working out the early season kinks, ugh. These Thursday night games just need to go as they typically suck to watch, but the NFL loves their $$$ from it.

Bengals win 16 - 13

Thursday night games are stupid.  Only way they should have them is if both teams are coming off a bye week.

I was actually thrilled that we got the first one of the season.  As a team we are fesh and well rested.  Our starters basically had the last week of preseason off.  It has to be easier to play two games just 100 hours apart this early in the season compared to the middle of the year when everyone is banged up.

Bengals 22-19
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know this 

Marvin is 2-1 against the Ravens in prime time.

Just the facts, Dude.

Touche!  I hope you are right!
Reply/Quote
Is anyone else worried about Ratbird new WRs John Brown and Michael Crabtree like I am?

Ravens 21
Bengals 24
Reply/Quote
27 - 16 Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 10:15 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Is anyone else worried about Ratbird new WRs John Brown and Michael Crabtree like I am?

Ravens  21
Bengals 24

Not a whole lot because Flacco is not Luck and if he tries to force things on our DB's ? 

He will be in for a long night. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Really this comes down to us coming out ready to play, not having one of our patented slow starts where we look like we are not prepared to play.
Reply/Quote
I can now predict look for both teams players to be bent over breathing heavy. The NFL Players Union has cut way back on off season practices and Training Camp. Most of these starters on both teams saw little action in preseason. There is no way they are ready to play a full game out of the gate Sunday and then a full game Thursday. Oh, the game will be played, it's scheduled, the game will be played. Players will just be very winded and dragging rear ends. This is where the substitutes off the bench for both teams will be huge. This is also a game you can't have offense going 1, 2, 3, punt all night or your defense will be in great fatigue giving up points.

Fatigue in the first Thursday Night Game after a real Sunday Game is going to be a huge factor. If both coaching staffs were honest, they would admit their teams aren't ready for all 4 quarters of this game. Both coaches are going to have to do a lot of substituting and hope their offenses can mount some drives against 2 top defenses to give their defenses a breather. AS a Bengal Fan, I'm hoping our Bengals O Line can help more and eat some clock. Our O Line was awful against teams like Ravens, Steelers, Jaguars last season and not all that hot against Colts a couple days ago. I'm hoping enough blocking to give our D some time off the field. Time Of Possession will be a huge fatigue factor. They need to save some gas for the 4th quarter. This game could easily be won in the last seconds. maybe even in overtime. Fatigue will be a huge factor this early in season. We need O Line and players off the bench to step up in order to get this WIN......GO BENGALS.

I still predict a Defensive Game. 2 FG and a TD for Ravens. 3 FG and a TD for Bengals. BENGALS 16, RAVENS 13. unless one team just can't eat any clock and they get handed a shutout loss.

It will be interesting to see if Cincinnati has good NFL Fans or just no help boo birds. This is a home opener and maybe biggest game of season in Cincinnati this year, so will it be THE JUNGLE helping team win, or the fans too busy on phones & so sarcastic negative they are no help to team at all. Bengals could use the 12th Man On Defense tonight. 2-0 with a win over top AFC North team Ravens would be a great start to season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 11:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a whole lot because Flacco is not Luck and if he tries to force things on our DB's ? 

He will be in for a long night. 

Yup,

I'm not buying into the Ravens hype. I'm not saying they're not a good team, they are. 

I've read a couple articles now talking about how the Ravens smashed a "playoff team" it was the Bills for crying out loud and they've done their Cleveland Browns impression this whole off season. They're not a good team !

Then I hear Flacco this, Flacco that, Flacco has revived his career feeling pressure blah, blah. Flacco is what he is an average NFL QB his career stats prove it. He didn't in his 12th year or whatever suddenly morph into Joe Montana combined with Aaron Rodgers. 

Could the Ravens win this game ? sure But I honestly feel we can win just as easy it's just whoever gets the breaks.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I strongly feel the Ravens are basically in the same boat as us. 9-7 area playoff bubble team
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 01:46 PM)kevin Wrote: I can now predict look for both teams players to be bent over breathing heavy.  The NFL Players Union has cut way back on off season practices and Training Camp. Most of these starters on both teams saw little action in preseason. There is no way they are ready to play a full game out of the gate Sunday and then a full game Thursday.  Oh, the game will be played, it's scheduled, the game will be played.  Players will just be very winded and dragging rear ends. 

Players train all year round now.  It is not like it used to be when players used training camp to get in shape.
As the season progresses players don't get stronger.  Instead they get more worn down.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Players train all year round now.  It is not like it used to be when players used training camp to get in shape.
As the season progresses players don't get stronger.  Instead they get more worn down.

We will agree to disagree.  I saw these players breathing pretty heavy bent over opening Sunday in their first full game, and there is no way they are ready to play again on Thursday at start of season.  They will get the game played, but substitutes will be huge. Time of possession will be huge.  You could see this on the schedule, opening Sunday and then a Thursday. Players are going to have great fatigue. Maybe not at start of game, but by 4th quarter, fatigue will set in.  Bengals O Line better be able to give the D some time off the field in the first half.  Both teams need to save some gas for the 4th quarter, because this game could go overtime on top of everything, being such a defensive AFC North battle. This game could come down to the team that is huffing and puffing the least in 4th quarter, the team not bent over needing oxygen. Hopefully our O Line will mount some first half drives so our D isn't on the field the whole first half. Baltimore D is tough, but we must eat some first half clock. One Fatigue Factor that helps is Bengals only had to go to Indy Sunday, that's like going to Lexington or Dayton. There is no jet lag for Bengals, which helps in this early Thursday Night game. I'm hoping the no jet lag so far this season and playing at home helps Bengals win and start 2-0. When I saw the schedule of start of Sunday and Thursday, I saw at least Bengals only go to Indy but Baltimore has to fly to Cincy, which is a little in Bengals favor. Plus Bengals play Ravens better in Cincy than they do in Baltimore. 2-0 would be a great start to season. I do think the O Line gets better as season progresses, just not sure how good it will be tonight. Hopefully good enough for 2-0 start.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals: 27
Ravens: 3
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 08:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know this, the Bengals need this as a W. After this we're on the road at Carolina and Atlanta.

I think it's gonna be a hard fought battle, I don't think it will be a high scoring affair. The Ravens have a really good defense and a so-so offense. We have issues on right side of the Oline and LB problems. It may well come down to a key turnover.

I'll say we pull out a nail biter. Sorry Harley

Bengals: 22

Ravens: 20

Yep. I was thinking about the trips to Carolina and Atlanta, too. "And so begins our long march to a top 5 draft pick."

But our #1s looked just as dominant against the Bills in our preseason game in Buffalo. 

This is a game where we really really miss Burfict. Evans, Brown, & Vigil have to have big games. Hell, we need big games from everyone, because this is a game that could make or break our season. We could very easily lose the next 3 and in last place in the division before coming home to face the Dolphins.

This game might not define our season if we win, but it could really boost our confidence. And our confidence could use a boost, not that beating Indy was small potatoes. I think the Colts have a shot at the playoffs. Andrew Luck is no joke.

I'm going to say 27-13 Bengals. Fingers crossed.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I freaking hate Thursday night games but atleast we’re getting it out of the way early which is better... I think.

Nervous about this one but I think they pull of off 23-17
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thursday night games are stupid.  Only way they should have them is if both teams are coming off a bye week.

I was actually thrilled that we got the first one of the season.  As a team we are fesh and well rested.  Our starters basically had the last week of preseason off.  It has to be easier to play two games just 100 hours apart this early in the season compared to the middle of the year when everyone is banged up.

Bengals 22-19

Couldn't agree more Fred

Plus it's just over saturation. We already have All day Sunday and Sunday night. We have MNF and recently they've added Sunday morning with the 2 or 3 London games.

Lots of fans watch at least some college on Saturday.

The players will tell you they hate it. I hope the NFL wises up and drops it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:21 PM)BengalD Wrote: It's prime time - we know what that means (Please prove me wrong Bengals - just once!)

Well - I'm going to eat crow for dinner, and have a piece of humble pie for dessert.  However, I doubt I'll be having this meal again after weak 11 as there is no way in hell (or shitsburgh as the case may be ) this team gets to 9 and 2.  Good effort last night but they tried damn hard to give up a 21 point lead.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: 27-17 ravens. Right side of the Oline gets abused and Andy gets pummeled all day.

If by some miracle the line can block, 24-21 bengals.

Well the Oline blocked but I truly believed the bengals would lose. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thursday night games are stupid.  Only way they should have them is if both teams are coming off a bye week.

Bengals 22-19
I agree, I hate Thursday night games. Seems players always get hurt.

I also agree much better to do it early. Now our guys get a weekend off, can get some treatment and rest and be ready for road game at Carolina.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:45 AM)BengalD Wrote: Well - I'm going to eat crow for dinner, and have a piece of humble pie for dessert.  However, I doubt I'll be having this meal again after weak 11 as there is no way in hell (or shitsburgh as the case may be ) this team gets to 9 and 2.  Good effort last night but they tried damn hard to give up a 21 point lead.

It is the NFL, eating crow is eating eating crow, it is not eating crow if you are throwing in negatives.

They did not try anything other to win that game, it did not work out but they had an exhausted Ravens defense on the field the last 2 minutes so they went for the knockout and missed. Proud of this team in 2018.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote