Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
I don't even begin to know how you walk the 8 and 9 hitters and give up a bomb to the 1 hitter only then to get 2, 3, and 4 out in order. How?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
God damn Steer.

Takes a 99 mph fastball right down the middle when the reliever was on the ropes . . . then grounds the splitter to the shortstop.

As long as David Bell is the manager, this team will consistently play dumb baseball.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 11:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Friedl: has been a big part of the Reds turn around here in June, so glad he's back.
It's hard to not root for a player with his approach to the game. When it comes to re-signing players in a few years . . . he's one they should target.
Quote:Elly: so hoping this series is the beginning of him getting out of his funk.
A few adjustments and he could be rolling again.
Quote:Candyman: WOW! has he did a 180 at the plate. And I was ready to can him
Yep. A little 'open mouth-insert foot' on this end. I mistook his lack of emotion as not caring. "I got my paycheck. F-You." but I see that I was wrong. He's just not very animated. Now hitting .251
Quote:Steer: seems to be back in a slump, hoping he can get out of it soon.
He seems to be the most capable of getting through a slump. His swing doesn't change much. And plays decent defense for being thrown all over the field. A poor mans Kris Bryant.
Quote:Fraley: seems to be steady but still lacking power.
Fraley reminds me of recent Red Kevin Newman. You can definitely see that he belongs in the big leagues, but you're still keeping an eye out for his replacement.
Quote:Stephenson: has stayed fairly steady and I'm good with his production being a catcher.
His receiving has improved a lot, but still needs some work. His arm has also improved. Glad to see that he's going more to the opposite field again. He's one of the best in the league at that when he puts his mind to it.
Quote:Herd a bees: Man I so hope he can learn to hit ML pitching because he's a top notch fielder.
Me too, but I'm currently not too concerned with his style of swinging. In an era of guys trying to outdo each other in exit velocity, I don't mind an old school slap hitter. He reminds me a lot of old Brave and Dodger leadoff hitter Brett Butler, who took a lot of awkward swings. I'd rather have a team full of Luis Arraez style singles hitters than a team full of Pete Alonso style home run hitters.
Quote:India: kinda is what he is
Yeah, he's another player that plateaued the minute he made the big league team. He has been an important part of keeping this team together this year. My respect for him as a player has grown over the last few months.
Quote:Benson: I've kinda lost hope for him
He may need a change of scenery(TRANSLATION: better coaches), but to be honest, there's not many places where he'll get MLB playing time. Currently, he's 3rd on the team in HRs with 8, one ahead of Steer.

I'm a Stu Fairchild fan and not just because of his defense. I want Friedl to be the leadoff hitter in every game that he plays, vs a righty or a lefty, but if he's off that day, I want Fairchild leading off. Everybody strikes out, but he rarely looks overmatched at the plate.

Martini has had a handful of great moments as a Red, so we kind of think of him as a HR hitter or a slugger. . . but he's a .205 hitter with 4 HRs in 112 at bats . . . Fairchild is currently a .233 hitter with 4 HRs n 116 at bats and no one really thinks of him as a slugger.

Espinal is OK. It's hard to fault him for not tearing it up when almost the entire team is meh on offense.

Maile is not really hitting as bad as we think. Yeah, a .189 average will usually draw some concern . . . but he's a career .210 hitter. One or two productive games and he's right back on track.

Now . . . about that manager . . .
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Elly is freaking amazing!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm ready to move on from Sims.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
One embarrassing play after another. First an atrocious throw by Stephenson, and then literally everyone caught off guard by the bunt. Just terrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Elly with a rare right side homer!
Reply/Quote
Baseball can be cruel. Adames golfs one for a homer and then India smokes a line drive that somehow manages to stay up long enough to get caught.
Reply/Quote
Sims should never be used in a high-leverage situation. He's always had a ton of movement on his pitches. Unfortunately he's just not great at placing them. I've seen about enough of him this season.
Reply/Quote
EDLC having himself a heck of a game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Unbelievable

Reply/Quote
Fairchild didn't look like he was running from 2nd to 3rd. Lazy ass baserunning with the game on the line. David Bell baseball, was already a minor miracle that the .540 OPS guy, that Bell maneuvered into batting in the 9th inning down 1 with 2 outs instead of our hottest hitter, got a hit.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
WTF? Who pinch runs for their hottest hitter?!?!! Who sends a runner home when you gotta guy coming up who’s 2-4???!?!!!

Goddamn IDIOT! I don’t live in Cincy, but you HAVE TO get on talk radio, whatever you can, and DEMAND a change.

Good grief.

IDK how the players feel about the guy, but it’s gotta be demoralizing working for that numbskull.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 05:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fairchild didn't look like he was running from 2nd to 3rd. Lazy ass baserunning with the game on the line. David Bell baseball, was already a minor miracle that the .540 OPS guy, that Bell maneuvered into batting in the 9th inning down 1 with 2 outs instead of our hottest hitter, got a hit.

The problem was Fairchild looked back over his shoulder to see if the ball dropped. With 2 outs there is no reason to do that. Run like hell and watch your 3rd base coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 05:56 PM)SladeX Wrote: WTF? Who pinch runs for their hottest hitter?!?!! Who sends a runner home when you gotta guy coming up who’s 2-4???!?!!!

Goddamn IDIOT! I don’t live in Cincy, but you HAVE TO get on talk radio, whatever you can, and DEMAND a change.

Good grief.

IDK how the players feel about the guy, but it’s gotta be demoralizing working for that numbskull.

You’ll just get Lance McAlister being the biggest David Bell homer on the planet telling everyone how stupid they are for blaming him.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 06:03 PM)cinci4life Wrote: The problem was Fairchild looked back over his shoulder to see if the ball dropped. With 2 outs there is no reason to do that. Run like hell and watch your 3rd base coach.

Fundamental shit. Just like that perfectly executed bunt Milwaukee had. The Reds aren’t on that level. And some of that is coaching.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fundamental shit. Just like that perfectly executed bunt Milwaukee had. The Reds aren’t on that level. And some of that is coaching.

Most , and i mean 90% of that is coaching.
If the mfer is looking back instead of at you, 3rd base coach, HOLD HIM. And put a PR in for his stupid ass.

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW TO RUN AND ZOOM IN ON 3B COACH!! If he doesn’t know, write 3b coach on his glove! Tatoo it on his arm!!

Good lord. Maybe the players like him because he never gets in their grille.

W
T
F
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 05:56 PM)SladeX Wrote: WTF? Who pinch runs for their hottest hitter?!?!! Who sends a runner home when you gotta guy coming up who’s 2-4???!?!!!

Good grief.

And if you are pinch running why not give him a chance to steal a base and get into scoring position. Got no problem with Fairchild trying to score there. That's a chance you had to take.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 06:26 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And if you are pinch running why not give him a chance to steal a base and get into scoring position. Got no problem with Fairchild trying to score there. That's a chance you had to take.

Yeah, i got carried away. Until I found out Fairchild looked over his shoulder (to be honest). Then you HOLD, he wasted valuable time doing that shit.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
The Brewers are just a hurdle they can't jump yet.
Reply/Quote