Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
Outfielder was playing shallow. On the other hand, it was a 2 out bloop single.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not that they can't be caught, but Brewers are way out in front. However Reds, Pirates, Cardinals, Cubs are all bunched up for 2nd place, and 2nd place could be a wild card play-off spot. So BEAT PIRATES in this series now starting.

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 06:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’ll just get Lance McAlister being the biggest David Bell homer on the planet telling everyone how stupid they are for blaming him.

I hate hearing constant bitching, but Lance would act like fans were crazy for wanting change if the team lost 160 games.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 05:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fairchild didn't look like he was running from 2nd to 3rd. Lazy ass baserunning with the game on the line. David Bell baseball, was already a minor miracle that the .540 OPS guy, that Bell maneuvered into batting in the 9th inning down 1 with 2 outs instead of our hottest hitter, got a hit.

I just assumed the game was about to be tied.  He's too fast not to score on that play.  Bad fundamental baseball with that hesitation.
Reply/Quote
First All Star ballot update is out and ELDC is the closest Red being 3rd at SS behind Betts and Turner. Betts is on the IL and likely out for a lengthy amount of time and Turner just came off the IL. Pretty good chance he makes the team. Would be fun to see him in the home run derby.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2024-mlb-all-star-ballot-voting-first-update
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
How about that? Reds are the first team to score a first inning run off of Skenes.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 08:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: How about that? Reds are the first team to score a first inning run off of Skenes.

And game over by the third batter.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 05:56 PM)SladeX Wrote: WTF? Who pinch runs for their hottest hitter?!?!! Who sends a runner home when you gotta guy coming up who’s 2-4???!?!!!

Goddamn IDIOT! I don’t live in Cincy, but you HAVE TO get on talk radio, whatever you can, and DEMAND a change.

Good grief.

IDK how the players feel about the guy, but it’s gotta be demoralizing working for that numbskull.
I can't go to the games because I live in Alaska. If I lived in Cincinnati and David Bell was still the manager, I wouldn't be allowed back in the stadium after my first game. I would go down to behind the Reds dugout and loudly call out how clueless David Bell is until I am removed. "That's why we call him Dumb Bell . . . he may not be real smart but he can lift heavy things." . . . "Learn from each other as much as you can . . . these coaches can only teach you how to be a backup. They just throw you out there and let you try to figure it out for yourselves." . . . "The only person in the stadium that knows less about MLB baseball than Dumb Bell is Nick Krall. Sparky Anderson was fired for only winning 92 games. David Bell is the only manager to lose 100 games for this franchise and still has his job for some stupid reason"
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Don't think Skenes needs help from the home plate ump. He freaking sucks right now. Wouldn't surprise me if someone gets ejected before this is over.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 06:22 PM)SladeX Wrote: Most , and i mean 90% of that is coaching.
If the mfer is looking back instead of at you, 3rd base coach, HOLD HIM. And put a PR in for his stupid ass.

They couldn't do that because Dumb Bell had already exhausted his bench. The only way that they could have pulled him was to put a pitcher in to run for him and then play in the outfield if they tied the game.

Quote:HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW TO RUN AND ZOOM IN ON 3B COACH!! If he doesn’t know, write 3b coach on his glove! Tatoo it on his arm!!

Good lord. Maybe the players like him because he never gets in their grille.

W
T
F
Fairchild screwed the whole deal from the start because he was waaaaay too close to 2nd base when the pitch was delivered. And that's twice recently where players ran like they didn't know how many outs there were late in the game. Elly kept running like he thought there were two outs in the 8th the other day and Fairchild shouldn't be looking for the outfielder AFTER the pitch, you do all of that before every pitch. Know where your outfielders are at all times. Get to 3rd as fast as you can and if your 3B coach sends you, then you keep going. Dumb baseball kills you late in the game.

I was excited years ago when Larkin was hired to be a minor league instructor for a season. I was hoping the minor leaguers would learn more about the small things about being an everyday ball player.

Nope.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Benson with one of the most embarrassing plays I’ve ever seen. JFC

Reply/Quote
Yeah, this kid for Pittsburgh is ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
Spectacular catch by Friedl but he probably pulled something. *sigh*

Reply/Quote
So much for needing indisputable evidence on replay reviews.
Reply/Quote
FFS 2 pickoffs in 2 innings.

Reply/Quote
Poorly coached, poorly managed, with players that are incapable or unwilling to pay attention and do the BASIC fundamentals of baseball.

Will never win anything without a team-wide purge from top to bottom.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 07:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: First All Star ballot update is out and ELDC is the closest Red being 3rd at SS behind Betts and Turner. Betts is on the IL and likely out for a lengthy amount of time and Turner just came off the IL. Pretty good chance he makes the team. Would be fun to see him in the home run derby.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2024-mlb-all-star-ballot-voting-first-update

LOL

3rd?

He's not even the 3rd best SS in this division.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Reds struggling for a win again. They cannot hit good pitching.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 12:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

3rd?

He's not even the 3rd best SS in this division.

Really hope you're not being serious because you know that ain't true. Him and Adames are the top 2 SS in the NL Central and it's not even a debate.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 01:15 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Really hope you're not being serious because you know that ain't true. Him and Adames are the top 2 SS in the NL Central and it's not even a debate.

Do you actually watch the other teams? I catch at least one game from each division rival every week. Just finished watching my beloved Angels get a 5-3 win over Milwaukee. He has a long way to go.

Masyn Winn .295 good enough for 14th in MLB and 9th in the NL - 12 2B - 4 HR - 26 RBI - 25 R - 8 SB - .964 Fielding % - 65 games - 49 K
Willy Adames .241 - 17 2B - 12 HR - 51 RBI - 38 R - 10 SB - .985 Fielding % -72 games 67 K
Dansby Swanson .208 - 9 2B - 6 HR - 19 RBI - 28 R - 4 SB - .980 Fielding % 62 games - 62 K
Oniel Cruz - .251 - 15 2B - 9 HR - 30 RBI - 31 R  - 5 SB - .953 Fielding % 64 games - 85 K - Has the two highest Exit Velocity hits of the season
Elly De La Cruz - .242 - 12 2B - 12 HR - 31 RBI - 47 R - 37 SB - .948 Fielding % - 72 games - 95 K

Average - 3rd but only one percentage point ahead of Adames
2B - Tied for 3rd
HR - Tied for 1st
RBI - 2nd but Cruz has played 8 less games and is only one behind him
R - 1st
SB - 1st
Fielding % - 5th - they are all smoother fielders than he is. He's 6th in the division if you add in a healthy McLain. He still looks like either a future RF or 3B. His 14 errors are the most in MLB - 2nd place is a 5 way tie with 10 errors and 2 of those with 10 errors are Oneil Cruz and Jeimer Candelario.
K - 5th or 1st depending on how you look at it.

Outside of Cruz, they all look like finished products and he is still a work in progress. He's exciting, he's fun, but he's also very, very green.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote