Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of June game thread
(06-27-2019, 10:00 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: While Sims has face AAA hitters this year, he has pitched worse than Mahle has and pretty similar to what Disco has against Major League Hitters. Mahle and Disco have probably been some of the better 4 and 5 starters in baseball. Starting pitching isn’t the problem! The bats have to be way more consistent than they have been all year, that’s the problem!!

Yup,

It's just crazy how this team, and it's pretty much the entire offense, just goes hot and cold at the plate ! And it's not just a single player or two, and it's not just a game or two.

It's just beyond any measure of reason. They just hit a wall and can't put any offense up ! Baffling 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Scooter is back tonight and Barnhart is placed on 10 day IL.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 01:49 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Scooter is back tonight and Barnhart is placed on 10 day IL.

Let's hope the loss and the gain both help. You just can't have an everyday player batting .191 ! .225 is bad enough

Speaking of .225 Dietrich has gotten cold as ice. Was the couple months a total flash in the pan ?
Reply/Quote
Senzel costs the Reds a run in the 2nd.

I've been quiet about Bell for awhile, but the Reds look like the Bengals . . . dumbest team in the league. A computer is only as smart as the idiot that programs it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 09:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Senzel costs the Reds a run in the 2nd.

I've been quiet about Bell for awhile, but the Reds look like the Bengals . . . dumbest team in the league. A computer is only as smart as the idiot that programs it.

They had several errors, base running mistakes, and general #$@% ups over the 4 game losing streak. They've got to tighten it up ! They don't have enough O on a regular basis to get away with it.
Reply/Quote
And Senzel makes up for it with a two run double
Reply/Quote
That's 1

Now let's keep it rolling, got into their pen good tonight. Joey Votto on fire ! Hope he can stay that way we need him. Great outing by Gray
Reply/Quote
It'll be interesting to see if the Reds can catch fire in July and become buyers are the deadline.

With Scoots back, I could see it happening. Especially since Votto seems to be FINALLY heating up. Puig too..
Reply/Quote
Tonight win good, but not enough. After Angels sweep, Reds need to win this tough Cubs series. Back to 5 under .500
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 09:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They had several errors, base running mistakes, and general #$@% ups over the 4 game losing streak. They've got to tighten it up ! They don't have enough O on a regular basis to get away with it.

Not only baserunning goofs, but defensive blunders as well especially in the left field corner that seems to produce more 2 out triples for opposing teams than anywhere in baseball..  Sad
Henceforth all fielding practice should involve hard line drives to that left field corner.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm not feeling particularly good about Castillo tonight. The past few games he's coughed up far too many walks leading to far too many runs. I'm going by my own personal Reds prediction rule that if I predict bad things good things happen. It's when I predict good things that bad things happen.. Not that I've ever been known to be wrong about the Reds in the entire history of Redness.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 01:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Tonight win good, but not enough.  After Angels sweep, Reds need to win this tough Cubs series.  Back to 5 under .500

Luckily that was just a 2 game sweep, but happened just as the Pirates were winning. The Reds only lose when the rest of the division wins.. 

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 03:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not feeling particularly good about Castillo tonight. The past few games he's coughed up far too many walks leading to far too many runs. I'm going by my own personal Reds prediction rule that if I predict bad things good things happen. It's when I predict good things that bad things happen.. Not that I've ever been known to be wrong about the Reds in the entire history of Redness.. 

AhHA! My uncannily inaccurate predicting prowess strikes again! Castillo on top of his game today.. for now..

Reply/Quote
Well Baez effectively ends the game after golfing a grand slam to the opposite field.
Reply/Quote
Now we almost have a brawl. Puig got hit square in the leg with a fastball that appeared intentional and he started walking toward the pitcher before being intercepted. He had to be held back but no punches thrown.
Reply/Quote
Bell gets ejected in the 9th after Peraza was HBP on a breaking ball because warnings were given after the Puig HBP and he wanted the pitcher to be tossed.
Reply/Quote
Close game up to the Cubs Grand Salami.

Reds still can win the series. Reds go up against another good pitcher in Lester. I know he has struggled, but he was on his game early in week.

We are fast bringing June thread to a close. Will they be 5 under or 7 under .500 going into July ??? Last week Reds were on a streak of wins towards .500, but a losing streak blew that up fast. In Los Angeles, Reds Lost to Angels. Then the news that Bengals #1 Draft Pick out for the season, this week in Cincy Sports was a disaster. Also Bolling taking retirement now, and Reds Wood has more injury setbacks. NO JOY IN MUDVILLE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds pretty much have to win today. They just can't go any further down with the Brewers coming to town. There's 8 teams in the NL not counting leaders with fewer losses than Reds.

It really is now or never ! Barring playing .800 ball in a miracle 2nd half of the season.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 03:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Speaking of .225 Dietrich has gotten cold as ice. Was the couple months a total flash in the pan ?

What do you think?

March, April, June....... .171 avg, 6 HR

May........................... .340 avg, 12 HR

Dietrich is 30 this year.  He had almost 2000 major league at bats over 6 seasons before joining the Reds.  He never hit more than 16 HR in a season and averaged one every 31 at bats compared to one every ten with the Reds this year.

I give Derek a ton of credit for filling in while Scooter was out, but we better hope Gennett comes back 100% real quick.
Reply/Quote
Disco ends the top of the 6th with a 3-0 lead having thrown just 73 pitches. Reds tack on a run in the bottom of the 6th making it 4-0. Disco's spot comes up and Bell sends up a PH. Why? He's pitching a great game with a decent pitch count so no reason to pull him yet. So Lorenzen starts the 7th and gives up 3 runs to let the Cubs back in it. SMH.
Reply/Quote