good win against the Giants
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds 4 games under .500 now Keep climbing back up. Get out of Last.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I went to bed when the game was tied 4-4 last night hoping they could hang on and woohoo... they did for once.. 
Something I enjoyed reading about was Hernandez striking out the sides with his kids watching..
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/eugenio-suarez-homers-in-reds-win-vs-giants

Quote:Since he gave up three runs on April 28, Hernandez has retired 21 of 24 batters in seven scoreless innings over six appearances.

Most by strikeouts.. Hernandez since then has been pretty much lights out.. Hughes has been pretty tough lately as well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not having Votto’s bat is killing this team. He has several more strikeouts than hits and actually has a negative WAR so far. The Reds will not get to over .500 unless Votto starts to contribute. I think he had 4 strikeouts today, the last one seemed to be on a bad call. The guy is looking for walks and putting the end result in the umps hands. The manager made his daily boneheaded moves again, the worst stretch of managing I’ve ever seen.
Reply/Quote
The Reds win the season series with the Giants 4-3 and if David Bell wasn't the Manager it would have been a season sweep. Maybe we should change his title to Mis-Manager.

Leaves Mahle in late against the lefty, two run homer to tie it. Hernandez is great but after pitching two stellar innings yesterday and three of the previous four days, Dumbbell brings him in for the 4th time in 5 days and he gets beat.

Like I said before, Baseball is a 'feel' game that produces numbers and if you try to run it by the numbers, you can mis-read situations. David Bell does not appear to have a feel for the game of baseball.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 08:27 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The Reds win the season series with the Giants 4-3 and if David Bell wasn't the Manager it would have been a season sweep. Maybe we should change his title to Mis-Manager.

Leaves Mahle in late against the lefty, two run homer to tie it. Hernandez is great but after pitching two stellar innings yesterday and three of the previous four days, Dumbbell brings him in for the 4th time in 5 days and he gets beat.

Like I said before, Baseball is a 'feel' game that produces numbers and if you try to run it by the numbers, you can mis-read situations. David Bell does not appear to have a feel for the game of baseball.

You can added not having the infield in with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no out and only up a run. Iglesias still gets the ball if he's in and they get the out at home most likely. Didn't understand that one at all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
OK..I'm convinced.. This team's win-loss record is tied directly to whether I watch the games or not. When I watch they lose. When I find something else to do besides watch they win..
Heck, I'm just about convinced they'll go on to win the world series if i just quit watching them.. LOL
Have you noticed that video monitor in the dugout that monitors me either watching or not? Yeah, me either..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Reds could have easily won 6 more games this year. It is very frustrating.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The good news is we don't have to face Lester against the Cubs. The bad news is we have to face the Cubs.

Yet another 3-1 loss in a 3 hit affair.. Is it even possible to overuse the word pathetic? It's bad when the score is 2-0 in the first inning and you're already convinced the game is lost..

Reply/Quote
Big Win for the Reds, they desperately needed this one!!!!!! Let’s hope to take the series tomorrow!
Reply/Quote
Hard fought victory for the Reds. Votto needs to get his bat going.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 11:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hard fought victory for the Reds.  Votto needs to get his bat going.

Votto and Puig have to get it going if this team is to have any chance. Let's hope last night jump starts em, finally.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 11:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hard fought victory for the Reds.  Votto needs to get his bat going.

Votto should have been out at third and it was because he only had a one step lead off first.

He has made other bone headed base running mistakes this year. His head is not in the game.

But still a HUGE win. With Castillo on the mound we should win this series against division leaders.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Votto should have been out at third and it was because he only had a one step lead off first.

He has made other bone headed base running mistakes this year. His head is not in the game.

But still a HUGE win. With Castillo on the mound we should win this series against division leaders.

Votto Is a terrible base runner every year. I can remember a guy as consistently bad on the basepaths as Votto is.
Reply/Quote
I said this before, Votto runs the bases more like a relief pitcher than somebody that leads the league in on base percentage.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 03:43 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I said this before, Votto runs the bases more like a relief pitcher than somebody that leads the league in on base percentage.

And you are correct!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Votto should have been out at third and it was because he only had a one step lead off first.

Did you hear Joe Morgan last night during the broadcast saying Votto is a head case right now, in so many words.
Reply/Quote
And for crying out loud what the hell is up with Tucker Barnhart ? Dude is batting .160 ! I'd hate to see a list of the NL pitchers with higher averages.

I understand catcher is a defensive position and calling the game for the pitchers figures in but just wow, .160 ? He's like an automatic out
Reply/Quote
All sorts of bad luck allowing 2 runs to score against Castillo in the first.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds win series against cubs, very nice. Votto starting to hit. I was so wrong about Castillo
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote