Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refugees Protect Woman From Sexual Harassment In Germany
(01-31-2016, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Woke up this morning'

What countries would you put ahead of the U.S. way?

I don't know. I've never lived anyplace else and don't know any other way. So how can I judge objectively without data for comparison?  Or are we going to just say the first thing that pops into our head without any evidence?  I'm smarter than Sarah Palin. 
(01-31-2016, 06:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't know. I've never lived anyplace else and don't know any other way. So how can I judge objectively without data for comparison?  Or are we going to just say the first thing that pops into our head without any evidence?  I'm smarter than Sarah Palin. 

Two years ago according to this index we were 2nd:

http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp?title=2014

We've slipped a few spots over the last couple years, but we'll rebound. 

Switzerland has been #1 most likely because of stricter immigration laws, but it will be interesting to see where they go now that they have opened to doors a little. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-31-2016, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two years ago according to this index we were 2nd:

Switzerland has been #1 most likely because of stricter immigration laws, but it will be interesting to see where they go now that they have opened to doors a little. 

Yes...to 12th

Looking at their numbers it appears our property to income ratio is what sets us apart from the rest of the world, where we are 3rd.

Purchasing Power: 6th
Safety Index: 48th! (Switzerland wen from 12 to 9th since last year. That's an improvement. The US went from 64th to 48th)
Health Care Index: 30th
Consumer Price Index: 16th
Traffic Commute Time: 33rd
Pollution Index: 18th 
Climate Index: 28th

USA!  USA!

Look, we have a great country but there is no doubt we could be better.  And infusing ideas from other places isn't a bad thing if they help us get better.

Unless its coming from those dirty savage countries.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-31-2016, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two years ago according to this index we were 2nd:

Still the only criteria you've given me is "woke up this morning."  If that is the criteria we are using, I liked waking up in Jamaica better.  So I'll put Jamaica ahead of America according to your "woke up this morning" criteria.
(01-31-2016, 07:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Safety Index: 48th!  (Switzerland wen from 12 to 9th since last year.  That's an improvement.  The US went from 64th to 48th)

And we will continue to improve that rank, as we get closer to Obama leaving office.
ThumbsUp
(01-31-2016, 08:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And we will continue to improve that rank, as we get closer to Obama leaving office.
ThumbsUp

2012: 49th
2013: 55th 
2014: 53rd
2015: 53rd
2016 48th

Yeah...that GOP take over of congress is doing wonders. Smirk

Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-31-2016, 04:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's not shocking. It's the same reason you believe your religion is the best. Indoctrination. 

You are so full of crap.  Who the hell are you to make these crazy judgments about people you don't even know?  You have no way to jump to any conclusion about how or why someone acquired their spiritual beliefs or any beliefs, for that matter. 

Your sheer audacity is appalling and quite obnoxious.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-31-2016, 02:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: American way of life is best.

Who can disagree whit that?

Assholes, morons and rebels without causes.  And these Americans who spend all their time bitching about America wouldn't leave it with a gun to their heads.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(01-31-2016, 09:13 PM)McC Wrote: Assholes, morons and rebels without causes.  And these Americans who spend all their time bitching about America wouldn't leave it with a gun to their heads.

If I could have a job ready and meet the immigration requirements, I would be gone. The three countries I have considered are all ranked above the U.S. on the index bfine gave us a link to. Just biding my time while the wife and I make ourselves more attractive to employers over there and learn the language.
(01-30-2016, 07:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Either the time I spent deployed overseas while in the military was a figment of my imagination or you don't have any idea what imperialsim is.

Do you know who COL Lawrence Wilkerson is?  He worked for Colin Powell in the Army and the State Department.  He helped Powell review the evidence for Powell's UN presentation for the case against Iraq.  During a 2006 interview Lawerence said, ""My participation in that presentation at the UN constitutes the lowest point in my professional life. I participated in a hoax on the American people, the international community and the United Nations Security Council."

Invading a country based upon lies is imperialism by anyone's definition.  It's shocking you don't know this.  Not to mention the rise of ISIS is an unintended consequence of our own actions which most just ignore or are ignorant of the facts.

The rest of your comments are a combination of hyperbole, false assumptions, and complete bullshit which I decided I won't waste my time addressing individual points after your imperialism fiasco.
Thank you for confirming your stupidity.  I specifically said I was talking about America, the people and you quote some nonsense about what the government does.  You're too dense to bother with. 

If you should decide you want to go live in one of these better places, I volunteer to pay for your ticket.  You're just one of those *****-ers, plain and simple.  You have no solutions, only complaints.  Guys like you are a dime a dozen.

And you being sent overseas was probably just somebody in the States sending you as far away as possible.   Too bad you came back.  And what the hell does you being overseas or in the military have to do with anything I said.

Your little quote there even further makes my point, that it was a hoax on the American people, meaning it was yet another government crime.

The American people are not imperialists.  The American people do not want want to send their sons and daughters to fight on foreign shores. 

Look, I've seen plenty of your kind.  When I was young and immature, I had a narrow view and tended to paint in broad strokes and understood very little, like you.  Granted, I wasn't ever as obnoxious as you, but the understanding part was similar.

Maybe you'll grow up someday.

(01-31-2016, 07:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Still the only criteria you've given me is "woke up this morning."  If that is the criteria we are using, I liked waking up in Jamaica better.  So I'll put Jamaica ahead of America according to your "woke up this morning" criteria.

Bye..

(01-31-2016, 09:08 PM)McC Wrote: You are so full of crap.  Who the hell are you to make these crazy judgments about people you don't even know?  You have no way to jump to any conclusion about how or why someone acquired their spiritual beliefs or any beliefs, for that matter. 

Your sheer audacity is appalling and quite obnoxious.

You're hilarious.

First, you claim I'm lying about our involvement with imperialism when you don't even know what imperialism is.

Next, you ask who the hell am I to make these crazy judgments about people I don't even know when the last time you were talking to me you were talking about my "goofy agenda."  You and I have never met so what "goofy agenda" are you talking about?  In other words, you were doing the exact same you just complained about.  There is a word for people like you; hypocrites.  

Most people pick their religion the same way they pick their NFL team, genetics and geography.  You'll pick the NFL team of your parents or the most popular team in your area, generally speaking.  The vast majority of Cincinnati Bengals fans come from the Cincinnati region.  They don't come from Dallas, Green Bay, or New York.  If you were born in Saudi Arabia your religion would most likely be Islam.  If you were born in Israel, you would probably Jewish.  If you were born in the Bible Belt of America, most likely Christian.  Although you have your exceptions to the rule.  Especially here in America where we believe in freedom of religion.  Unless, of course, you don't think "In God We Trust" should be painted on police cruisers because then Christians will tell you to get the **** out of America.

Yeah, I know I seem obnoxious.  Probably because I know what imperialism is and you don't.  Generally speaking, people who don't know what they're talking about can't tolerate me ***** with them.
(01-31-2016, 09:26 PM)McC Wrote: Thank you for confirming your stupidity.  I specifically said I was talking about America, the people and you quote some nonsense about what the government does.  You're too dense to bother with. 

I wrote we've moved on from Colonialism to Imperialism and you wrote it was a lie.  If you think it is a lie, you obviously haven't paid attention and don't know what imperialism is.

Quote:If you should decide you want to go live in one of these better places, I volunteer to pay for your ticket.  You're just one of those *****-ers, plain and simple.  You have no solutions, only complaints.  Guys like you are a dime a dozen.

Name one thing I have complained about.

Quote:And you being sent overseas was probably just somebody in the States sending you as far away as possible.   Too bad you came back.  And what the hell does you being overseas or in the military have to do with anything I said.

My military orders sent me overseas.  Imperialism is related to politics and the military.  I understand your disconnect since you don't know what imperialism is.  

"Too bad you came back."   Classy.  There were only two ways for me to home home Iraq, walking off the plane or being carried off the plane.

Quote:Your little quote there even further makes my point, that it was a hoax on the American people, meaning it was yet another government crime.

"Government of the people, by the people, for the people . . ."  Or something like that.

Quote:The American people are not imperialists.  The American people do not want want to send their sons and daughters to fight on foreign shores. 

You're right.  The American people want other people's sons and daughters to fight Al Qeada, the Taliban, and ISIS.

Quote:Look, I've seen plenty of your kind.  When I was young and immature, I had a narrow view and tended to paint in broad strokes and understood very little, like you.  Granted, I wasn't ever as obnoxious as you, but the understanding part was similar.

Maybe you'll grow up someday.

Hilarious

You were just complaining about me making crazy judgments about other people and I bet you can't identify where I've made a single complaint.
(01-31-2016, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bye..

You have any other criteria?  Or are you Sarah Palin?
(01-31-2016, 09:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You have any other criteria?  Or are you Sarah Palin?

I posted a comprehensive matrix that had us 2nd in the world only 2 years ago; surprisingly ahead of Jamaica. . Not sure why you have Sarah Palin on you mind this evening or what other criteria you need. 

(01-31-2016, 09:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If I could have a job ready and meet the immigration requirements, I would be gone. The three countries I have considered are all ranked above the U.S. on the index bfine gave us a link to. Just biding my time while the wife and I make ourselves more attractive to employers over there and learn the language.

Very interesting . I considered working abroad years ago when I first graduated. There were loads of teaching jobs. I ended up getting a position at a university and that passed I never revisited the idea. Good luck man. Hope you guys get to where you want to go.
(01-31-2016, 09:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:
Quote:I wrote we've moved on from Colonialism to Imperialism and you wrote it was a lie.  If you think it is a lie, you obviously haven't paid attention and don't know what imperialism is.
Name one thing I have complained about.

Um, imperialism? You don't sound to happy about it.
Imperialism has had both positive and negative effects on cultures, but folks like you ignore the positive affects because it would make you look as though you're rooting for America  and you wouldn't want that.

Quote:My military orders sent me overseas.  Imperialism is related to politics and the military.  I understand your disconnect since you don't know what imperialism is. 

"Too bad you came back."   Classy.  There were only two ways for me to home home Iraq, walking off the plane or being carried off the plane.

He meant for you to stay there, but you knew that.... regardless lets pretend you didn't and make M look callous and you some sort of hero.

Quote:"Government of the people, by the people, for the people . . ."  Or something like that.

Yeah "something like that"....a common attitude of todays young, supposedly educated segment who know little about American history, government, the Constitution. The indoctrinated. The hate America first liberals. 

Quote:You're right.  The American people want other people's sons and daughters to fight Al Qeada, the Taliban, and ISIS.

Yeah, like all those young abled bodied migrant young men from that region who are now in Europe raping women.
(01-31-2016, 09:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If I could have a job ready and meet the immigration requirements, I would be gone. The three countries I have considered are all ranked above the U.S. on the index bfine gave us a link to. Just biding my time while the wife and I make ourselves more attractive to employers over there and learn the language.
Good luck with that.  We all know how important indexes are.

(01-30-2016, 09:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey if you kick down the door of a strangers house and then get your tail kicked then so be it.   So yes I would support smacking down the morons who invade places they shouldn't.    

So you think the Native Americans should have killed European colonists?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-01-2016, 10:36 AM)McC Wrote: Good luck with that.  We all know how important indexes are.

Well, my reason for wanting to move there has nothing to do with the indexes, it has to do with a large number of things.