Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
The recent hiring of Jackson is being viewed as a potential succession plan by several other owners and general managers who are preparing for their own coaching searches.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/25/18111115/hue-jackson-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-nfl-rumors

Typical Mike Brown! If and when this does happen I’m officially turning in my fandom I’ve had enough of this piece of garbage owner
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: The recent hiring of Jackson is being viewed as a potential succession plan by several other owners and general managers who are preparing for their own coaching searches.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/25/18111115/hue-jackson-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-nfl-rumors

Typical Mike Brown! If and when this does happen I’m officially turning in my fandom I’ve had enough of this piece of garbage owner

I wouldn't be too worried.  Marvin will never leave.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:10 PM)McC Wrote: I wouldn't be too worried.  Marvin will never leave.

I know this sounds terrible but I hope this happens. A couple a reasons: it's been 16 years and we need something different. If he fails like he did in Cleveland then hopefully we only have to endure 5 years as opposed to 16. Only partly kidding. We know what we have with Marvin. Yes he failed in Cleveland but who doesn't? Also, he did have a winning record with Jason Campbell in Oakland before he got hurt and he traded for Carson. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: 5E26.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Would I be considered a bad fan if I said I no longer give a damn who coaches the Cincinnati Dysfunctionals*? 

*Team's new and improved name 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: The recent hiring of Jackson is being viewed as a potential succession plan by several other owners and general managers who are preparing for their own coaching searches.

Yeah, that might just about do it..going from bad coach to worse coach would probably sink the fan base to the 90's level. 
Reply/Quote
And here I was fantasizing Hue becomes HC and goes 70 - 3 - 1 in his first 4 seasons as HC of the Bengals Ninja
Reply/Quote
How do they expect people to take them seriously as an organization with moves like that....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I've been sayin ABM (Anyone But Marv) for almost a decade now... But this is not what I had in mind. Hue is no doubt a worse head coach, and arguably more delusional (how much did he give up for Palmer and how much was he about to give up for McCarron?? LOL )

This would be the worst head coach hire possible... But of course, it doesn't shock me. The second hue was fired from Cleveland I think we all knew he'd be back in Cincinnati shortly. And I think we all have that nauseating feeling that Hue will eventually replace Marv Sick

If/when this happens, we will officially be back to being the 90's Bungles
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:33 PM)Synric Wrote: How do they expect people to take them seriously as an organization with moves like that....
Short answer?  They don't give a shit.  They have a family toy that brings in millions a year and that's really all that matters to them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This was the plan several years ago...so it likely is now.

It's time to admit that the team doesn't care about a Super Bowl. They just care about comfortable working conditions for management and coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:35 PM)McC Wrote: Short answer?  They don't give a shit.  They have a family toy that brings in millions a year and that's really all that matters to them.

Mike Brown and family view the Bengals franchise about like me and you would a cell phone tower in our back yard. An eye sore and bit of an inconvenience that makes them money. In their case lots and lots of it.
Reply/Quote
It almost makes sense Mike Brown fires a bad coach just to hire a worse one.
Reply/Quote
I do not like Hue as a HC or a person. He throws everyone around him under the bus. WTS, if we lose the Denver game we should remove Marvin Lewis as HC and allow Hue the chance to audition the remainder of the year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not like Hue as a HC or a person. He throws everyone around him under the bus. WTS, if we lose the Denver game we should remove Marvin Lewis as HC and allow Hue the chance to audition the remainder of the year.

Hue is all about Hue. Always has been. Always will be.

I hope like hell he isn't the next head coach. It would be an extremely lazy hire and just more of the same. 

That probably means it guaranteed to happen.  Sick
Reply/Quote
Is this rumor the same source reporting Marvin leaving at the end of last season? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Just shoot me now if he is our next coach.

Need to fire our DC immediately though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm a pretty big fan of the two-headed monster approach we have going now!

[Image: Hue-n-Lewis.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just shoot me now if he is our next coach.

Need to fire our DC immediately though.

Can you believe this nightmare ? We go from a HC who can't win anytime it matters to one who can't win at all.
Reply/Quote
Why do I feel like a Hue "Hold my beer" meme for taking over for Marvin Lewis is being concocted as we speak?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote