Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
I didn't read any of that.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't read any of that.

That's a shame.  Sad

I even included pictures for you.  Sad

I also said a few nice things about Burfict.  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 06:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: the training staff guy shoved him out of the way.

THEN Porter says something to Burfict.  Whatever Porter said it as said with an official between him and Burfict.  Had it ACTUALLY crossed any kind of line the official was right there to throw a flag.

Also note all the officials NOT THROWING FLAGS ON ANYONE but rather just attempting to break it up.

Overall Burfict seems to be cool headed.

Burfict gets shoved, porter yaps, officials don't throw flags. Sounds fair.

Porter should not be saying anything at all to opposing players. As I have stated before. The inequities in officiating were glaringly apparent. Every judgement call went against the Bengals. You will keep posting this clip which settles nothing without audio, but like I said, kudos to porter for eliciting a reaction....and getting away with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 08:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Burfict gets shoved, porter yaps, officials don't throw flags. Sounds fair.

Porter should not be saying anything at all to opposing players. As I have stated before. The inequities in officiating were glaringly apparent. Every judgement call went against the Bengals. You will keep posting this clip which settles nothing without audio, but like I said, kudos to porter for eliciting a reaction....and getting away with it.

Burfict gets pushed away from by a medical staff member because he (Burfict) is in the way.

Porter was talking to Burfict before it happened...and after...and neither seemed upset so audio would not help your cause.

Oh...and here:
[Image: reynolds-foil-coupon.jpg]

You have a LOT of hats to make...   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 08:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Burfict gets pushed away from by a medical staff member because he (Burfict) is in the way.
Everyone on the Steelers knows who Burfict is. That old curmudgeonly fart training staff shithead pushed his arm away because he's a crotchety old dick and he was pissed Burfict cracked Brown's eggshell head. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Everyone on the Steelers knows who Burfict is. That old curmudgeonly fart training staff shithead pushed his arm away because he's a crotchety old dick and he was pissed Burfict cracked Brown's eggshell head. Mellow

You would think the steelers medical staff would like Vontaze, if only for the job security he provides for them.

Reply/Quote
Porter is a coach. He has no business being out there (the problem is you don't want to admit it-the rest of the country knows he shouldn't have been out there), stirring it up and talking to our players. (or a coach pulling hair for that matter to incite our players)

Porter was out there to do what he did and that was to earn a game ball by baiting our players. Congratulations. The Steelers tricked our players by breaking the rules. Penalty received and game ball awarded. The Steelers are such a proud organization.

The point your missing is Porter is a coach. Not a player.

Coaches have a Code of Conduct (a higher standard of conduct) that they are to follow that doesn't include jawing at players to try to get a penalty for the Steelers ,so you can get a game ball. (or pulling hair for that matter)

And you keep saying the ref is right there to judge what was said?? What?? The refs were a big part of the problem in the first place. Remember: the ref (I think the same ref) called a TD that obviously wasn't a TD (which they now admit) and a non call that caused a turnover for the Steelers that should have been a 1st down on about the 10 yard line to score for the Bengals (which they are now pretty much admitting was a bad call and that the explanation given at the time to the national audience was make believe).

The refs made one sided bad calls that caused the game to get to the emotional level that it got to, your coaches were purposely inciting our players which they are not allowed to do by rule and the refs did nothing about it and when the game was on the line that same ref called a questionable call to decide the game. One of , if not the most physical games in the history of the NFL and the same ref decides the game because he got bumped into ,after all the other bad calls (that he made)/non calls/pushing and shoving.

Showing short cuts of hand picked video does not capture what happened or was said and you obviously can't rely on your saying the ref is right there. I mean give me a break.

Without the refs the Steelers don't win that game.Period.

You should be happy with the win.

You guys are acting like you have to convince the Bengals fans that what happened was legit. It wasn't and we know it. And quit frankly I think everybody knows it. Maybe thats why it bothers you so much.

Accept the present your recieved and be done with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Everyone on the Steelers knows who Burfict is. That old curmudgeonly fart training staff shithead pushed his arm away because he's a crotchety old dick and he was pissed Burfict cracked Brown's eggshell head. Mellow

I actually think you are right.

The only three people who looked angry during that entire sequence were the trainer, Gilberry and Jones.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 07:26 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Porter is a coach. He has no business being out there (the problem is you don't want to admit it-the rest of the country knows he shouldn't have been out there), stirring it up and talking to our players. (or a coach pulling hair for that matter to incite our players)

Porter was out there to do what he did and that was to earn a game ball by baiting our players. Congratulations. The Steelers tricked our players by breaking the rules. Penalty received and game ball awarded. The Steelers are such a proud organization.

The point your missing is Porter is a coach. Not a player.

Coaches have a Code of Conduct (a higher standard of conduct) that they are to follow that doesn't include jawing at players to try to get a penalty for the Steelers ,so you can get a game ball. (or pulling hair for that matter)

And you keep saying the ref is right there to judge what was said?? What?? The refs were a big part of the problem in the first place. Remember: the ref (I think the same ref) called a TD that obviously wasn't a TD (which they now admit) and a non call that caused a turnover for the Steelers that should have been a 1st down on about the 10 yard line to score for the Bengals (which they are now pretty much admitting was a bad call and that the explanation given at the time to the national audience was make believe).

The refs made one sided bad calls that caused the game to get to the emotional level that it got to, your coaches were purposely inciting our players which they are not allowed to do by rule and the refs did nothing about it and when the game was on the line that same ref called a questionable call to decide the game. One of , if not the most physical games in the history of the NFL and the same ref decides the game because he got bumped into ,after all the other bad calls (that he made)/non calls/pushing and shoving.

Showing short cuts of hand picked video does not capture what happened or was said and you obviously can't rely on your saying the ref is right there. I mean give me a break.

Without the refs the Steelers don't win that game.Period.

You should be happy with the win.

You guys are acting like you have to convince the Bengals fans that what happened was legit. It wasn't and we know it. And quit frankly I think everybody knows it. Maybe thats why it bothers you so much.

Accept the present your recieved and be done with it.

[Image: 5d804_0000.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 01:08 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: You would think the steelers medical staff would like Vontaze, if only for the job security he provides for them.

Well not if he keeps getting suspended.... Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 08:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Porter was talking to Burfict before it happened...and after...and neither seemed upset so audio would not help your cause.

Actually audio makes the whole case. Your video clips are useless without audio determining what was actually said.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 01:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: Actually audio makes the whole case. Your video clips are useless without audio determining what was actually said.

And yet neither Porter nor Burfict seem upset with each other at all.  Heck, they aren't even the one going toward each other.

In your fantasy scenario somehow Porter said something so bad that Gilberry heard it from over 5 yards away and bumped Porter from behind and then after Porter stopped talking (that's in the video...unless you think he's a ventriloquist too) Jones comes from yards away later for something that was said before?
Reply/Quote
I'm not dwelling on it.

I have only responded to twisted up spin that is posted.

Like I have said before it is important that people remember what actually happened not a twisted up version posted by Steelers fans.

I realize you don't want your spin questioned. Sorry.

Without the refs help the Steelers would not have won that game.

TD catch wasn't a catch, Helmet to helmet not called resulting in a turnover on the Bengals own 10,....etc.

You can try to attack credability if you want (which says something) but that is what actually happened.

You know the truth.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 01:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: And yet neither Porter nor Burfict seem upset with each other at all.  Heck, they aren't even the one going toward each other.

In your fantasy scenario somehow Porter said something so bad that Gilberry heard it from over 5 yards away and bumped Porter from behind and then after Porter stopped talking (that's in the video...unless you think he's a ventriloquist too) Jones comes from yards away later for something that was said before?

Neither "seems" upset. No ambiguity there. Like I said, without audio, your clips are useless in determining what exchange really went on between those involved. And I don't think porter wouldve gotten bumped by anyone if he wasn't in amongst Bengals players. He was there to stir the pot and bait them. If youre wholeheartedly denying that then its you who should be wearing the tin foil hat. But like I also said....good for him that he got away with it. Our players were stupid for falling for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Neither "seems" upset. No ambiguity there. Like I said, without audio, your clips are useless in determining what exchange really went on between those involved. And I don't think porter wouldve gotten bumped by anyone if he wasn't in amongst Bengals players. He was there to stir the pot and bait them. If youre wholeheartedly denying that then its you who should be wearing the tin foil hat. But like I also said....good for him that he got away with it. Our players were stupid for falling for it.

I guess clear visual evidence that Porter was right with AB, had spoken with Burfict without incident, and that Gilberry made the whole mess worse while Jones capped it off (both of whom were nowhere near Porter while he was talking) isn't enough to get through the tin that two Bengals went overboard over nothing.

Can't say I didn't try.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess clear visual evidence that Porter was right with AB, had spoken with Burfict without incident, and that Gilberry made the whole mess worse while Jones capped it off (both of whom were nowhere near Porter while he was talking) isn't enough to get through the tin that two Bengals went overboard over nothing.

Can't say I didn't try.

Rock On

Can't say I ever said porter wasn't around AB, or that he and Burfict had gotten into it. You are starting to mix your arguments with others into my assertion. All I said was that porter was amongst our players and was there to bait them....and that he got away with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Can't say I ever said porter wasn't around AB, or that he and Burfict had gotten into it. You are starting to mix your arguments with others into my assertion. All I said was that porter was amongst our players and was there to bait them....and that he got away with it.

He wasn't amongst them until they ran across the field to push and yell at him.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:42 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He wasn't amongst them until they ran across the field to push and yell at him.

Ok....go with that.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: Ok....go with that.

This "6andcounting" guy isn't too bright. I'm pretty sure his name is just an indication of how high he's ever counted without messing up.

Reply/Quote
Even if Porter was allowed on the field, which he wasn't, why would he run out there? Was he pre-med? Did he think AB was dying and wanted to say bye? Had he never seen a football hit before? Why weren't other players out there if AB was in such need of his teammate's assistant? Does Porter have some divine power that only he could nurse AB back to life? Why didn't he run out there on any other player's injury?

He had no business being out there and should have been flagged, before Jones even had a chance to try and shove him.
Reply/Quote