Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
(02-09-2016, 09:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Porter was walking off the field until Burfict hit him in the face.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 09:35 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Porter was walking off the field until Burfict hit him in the face. You guys will spend the next 10 years claiming otherwise, but it's all on video. He wasn't given the game ball.

I gotta say it wasn't Burfict.  Gilberry bumps Porter from behind, the Bengals circle around Porter for SOME reason and Burfict almost seems to be trying to break it up before Pacman does a Pacman thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: I gotta say it wasn't Burfict.  Gilberry bumps Porter from behind, the Bengals circle around Porter for SOME reason and Burfict almost seems to be trying to break it up before Pacman does a Pacman thing.

This is exactly what happened, but Burfict accidently hit Porter in the face when the trainer pushed him away right before this part happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysECduSPfk
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: This is exactly what happened, but Burfict accidently hit Porter in the face when the trainer pushed him away right before this part happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysECduSPfk

I stand corrected on that.  I didn't notice it.  But I don't think it was much of anything.

Except part of Porter's evil plot to put his face right where Burfict would tap it!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: I stand corrected on that.  I didn't notice it.  But I don't think it was much of anything.

Except part of Porter's evil plot to put his face right where Burfict would tap it!   Ninja
Yeah it was an accident and Porter seemed to realize it was an accident and didn't really care. But that's what sparked the conversation between him and Burfict, which led to other bengals running over, and that's where your part picks up.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 09:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: ... He wasn't given the game ball.

Tell that to a Pittsburgh reporter that was in the locker room and tweeted it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:06 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: He actually got two game balls.  Ninja

Two Tomlin gamey balls...

In his mouth!!  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: I gotta say it wasn't Burfict.  Gilberry bumps Porter from behind, the Bengals circle around Porter for SOME reason and Burfict almost seems to be trying to break it up before Pacman does a Pacman thing.

Yup...not trolling, you've actually slipped into steelman levels of just really stupid.

Look at your own long post of silly ass gifs yankee...I mean...whoever you are.

In the first gif, everything you need to see is there. Brown is being walked off the field by the guys who were there to take care of him as Porter is not even looking at that, but instead is running his mouth to Johnson. 

Watch the clip you can see Porter's mouth moving and he is looking directly at #90 with his back turned to Brown being walked away.

Burfict tries to say something to Brown (as every single NFL player who hurts another player does, this is common practice) and a tool from the training staff swats him away which makes him make contact with Porter, who is now several steps behind the player he is supposed to be tending too.

Now Porter opens that c0ck holster wide and starts jawing at Burfict, this gets his teammates upset and Gilberry comes over to remind joey that he is a coach and to know his place.

Porter smirks and smiles and loiters around as the refs get involved, instead of walking with the player he was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo concerned with.

The above is factual, Porter was not looking out for Brown, he went out there to stir shit and be a piece of garbage. Just like every other day of his life.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tell that to a Pittsburgh reporter that was in the locker room and tweeted it.

Here's a search of his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Dejan_Kovacevic%2520game%2520ball

At no point does he say that.  I haven't seen a screenshot that said he did either.

I *have* seen a few people say he said it on ESPN radio OR some national radio.

No audio has been found yet.

So, maybe, he didn't say it?  Or said it was a joke?  Or maybe Bengals fans were/are so worked up that they refuse to blame their own players that they made up another myth to hate the Steelers for?

Who knows....
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's a search of his twitter account.

At no point does he say that.  I haven't seen a screenshot that said he did either.

So, maybe, he didn't say it?  Or said it was a joke?  Or maybe Bengals fans were/are so worked up that they refuse to blame their own players that they made up another myth to hate the Steelers for?

Who knows....

There was only one reporter in the locker room?  That's weird.

Twitter disabled the delete Tweet function for Pittsburgh reporters?  That's even more weird.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tell that to a Pittsburgh reporter that was in the locker room and tweeted it.

Who?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There was only one reporter in the locker room?  That's weird.

Twitter disabled the delete Tweet function for Pittsburgh reporters?  That's even more weird.

No there were plenty.  

THAT was the guy who allegedly said it according to all the sources I could find doing a search.

You want to prove it is true?  Feel free to do you own search on your time.

Until then it is just ANOTHER myth that Bengals fans will use to soften the blow of ANOTHER playoff flame out.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's a search of his twitter account.

Who knows....

He could have been joking. I remember reading it 3rd hand, a female reporter citing him as tweeting it. I don't recall the specifics of that moment, if what was reported seemed real or not. I remember linking a couple things but i'm not interested enough to search for them. 

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 08:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: No there were plenty.  

THAT was the guy who allegedly said it according to all the sources I could find doing a search.

You want to prove it is true?  Feel free to do you own search on your time.

Until then it is just ANOTHER myth that Bengals fans will use to soften the blow of ANOTHER playoff flame out.

Sounds like something Cowher would do, anyway.  Cool

Reply/Quote
Wow, I've been away for a while. I think the last time I posted was on page 3. I just caught up and wanted to leave a little perspective on the timing of how things went down. Here's the clip to the entire game....follow along from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlIH2QyiZw

You see that around the 2:41:00 mark Vontaze is on the sideline talking to Lewis. Along with him are #97, #57, and #90. At the 2:41:05 mark, you see Burfict and his 3 teammates leave the sidelines to go onto the field. 11 seconds later at the 2:41:16 mark you hear Jim Nance say that there's "a little flare up" followed by a live shot of the ref throwing the flag at the 2:41:18 mark. 

Why is this important? Because when the altercation started on the field between the trainer, Burfict, and Porter, the list of Bengals that were there included Burfict, 97, 57, and 90. 43 and 96 were also there in the vicinity but not involved in the altercation. So pretty much everyone one who was directly around the initial altercation had just left the sidelines and gone to Porter. This is contradictory to what the Bengals fans narrative is that Porter was in the middle of the Bengals huddle. The facts of the matter are that the Bengals huddle came to him and immediately instigated the trouble.  

Given that Jones came into the fracas late and the the video shows the flag being thrown 13 seconds after Burfict leaves the sidelines, it means that all four Bengals pretty much went directly to the area that Porter was in since it took all of 13 seconds for 1) The Bengals players to leave Lewis, 2) get to where Porter and Brown were, 3) have the altercation start between Burfict and Porter, 4) Porter get bumped by 95, 5) and Jones to come in and hit the ref.

Sorry, but the real story isn't Porter talking shit to the Bengals, it's the Bengal players going out to Porter to stir up shit with him. 
Reply/Quote
Porter shouldn't have been on the field.

I don't care who started the altercation between him and the Bengals players.

Do we need to write this in ***** crayon?

For ****'s sake.

Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Let me walk that last post back a bit.

I truly dont think that the Bengals were looking to start trouble. Given the timing, I think that they broke from the sideline when they saw Brown being helped to his feet.

But I do think that the timing puts to rest the notion that Porter was out there to stir up trouble. Given the timing, Porter went to Browns side whenever there were no Bengals near Brown and when Burfict was on the sideline. So the 'going out there to agitate Burfict' is DEFINITELY false.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 05:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Porter shouldn't have been on the field.

I don't care who started the altercation between him and the Bengals players.

Do we need to write this in ***** crayon?

For ****'s sake.

Too bad the rules allow for it....given permission from the refs. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 05:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Too bad the rules allow for it....given permission from the refs. 

He wasn't given permission from the refs!
Reply/Quote
Dude, the season is over.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote