Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
Kim Davis is still refusing to issue the licenses. The ACLU is asking a judge to hold her in contempt of court.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/31/politics/kentucky-gay-marriage-licenses-supreme-court/

Btw, she has divorced three times and got knocked up with hubby #3's kids while still married to #2. Real Christian of her.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times?src=usn_tw
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
this is the only way it could end.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(09-02-2015, 06:23 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: this is the only way it could end.

It won't be over until she is fired for refusing to do her job and she gets a million bucks worth of go-fund-me money.  
I agree that she should issue license to all; however, the folks that keep bringing up her past sins are only fueling the fire. She claims to have been saved after this 3rd divorce and her salvation is what has made her so convicted to her faith; because, she knows what it is like to be lost.

The Preacher at my Grandmother's church was once an atheist. He can identify more that someone that has never been there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Past sins are irrelevant. She should do her job or be impeached (only way for her to get fired). But, the legislature in Kentucky won't impeach her. There are pushes there to take it out of the hands of the county clerks, but it will likely come down to a fine before then.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-02-2015, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that she should issue license to all; however, the folks that keep bringing up her past sins are only fueling the fire. She claims to have been saved after this 3rd divorce and her salvation is what has made her so convicted to her faith; because, she knows what it is like to be lost.

The Preacher at my Grandmother's church was once an atheist. He can identify more that someone that has never been there.

[Image: 11960240_10153200641711872_1182366550997...e=567EC319]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-02-2015, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It won't be over until she is fired for refusing to do her job and she gets a million bucks worth of go-fund-me money.  

She can only be impeached. She may be found in contempt of court, though.

(09-02-2015, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that she should issue license to all; however, the folks that keep bringing up her past sins are only fueling the fire. She claims to have been saved after this 3rd divorce and her salvation is what has made her so convicted to her faith; because, she knows what it is like to be lost.

Feh, this thing of thinking just drives me bananas.  Is there a sort of point of no return where someone who has been lost but is now found can still be treated like a pariah?  Like, if some guy who raped and murdered a bus full of nuns but now has the love of the lord in his heart goes around pushing his new moral agenda on someone else?  Can we at least point out the insane hypocrisy of that guy?

The only reason her past transgressions don't matter is because in the real world it isn't against the law to have multiple marriages or to cheat on your spouse.  The fact that she's squared herself with her chosen god in a way that supposedly makes her even MORE awesome because she was a person of marginal character beforehand is laughable.  

Be liberal in what you accept from others and conservative in what you accept from yourself.  People who are the exact opposite just fry my bacon!  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do something terrible so I can see the error of my ways and start judging people for their failings!
She's a moron. You take a government job, you follow the law. She probably complains about how Obama refuses to enforce certain laws.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-02-2015, 06:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Btw, she has divorced three times and got knocked up with hubby #3's kids while still married to #2. 

HIT!

[Image: 635766176968050961-Kim-davis-rowan-count...5-xx-1.JPG]
(09-02-2015, 06:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Kim Davis is still refusing to issue the licenses. The ACLU is asking a judge to hold her in contempt of court.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/31/politics/kentucky-gay-marriage-licenses-supreme-court/

Btw, she has divorced three times and got knocked up with hubby #3's kids while still married to #2. Real Christian of her.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/09/01/kentucky-clerk-fighting-gay-marriage-has-wed-four-times?src=usn_tw

If I'm not mistaken, she got knocked up with the twins by Hubby #3 while married to #1. Hubby # 2 (also known as the Dumbest Man Alive) adopted them. And two years later she divorced DMA and married Hubby #3.

Quote:She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried.
(09-03-2015, 11:09 AM)Benton Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, she got knocked up with the twins by Hubby #3 while married to #1. Hubby # 2 (also known as the Dumbest Man Alive) adopted them. And two years later she divorced DMA and married Hubby #3.

So you are saying there are 3 men (4 if you include Fred) willing to tap that?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-03-2015, 11:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So you are saying there are 3 men (4 if you include Fred) willing to tap that?  

5...she's been married 4 times.  And there's always Fred.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-03-2015, 11:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So you are saying there are 3 men (4 if you include Fred) willing to tap that?  

I dunno. I know she's had kids with Hubby #3 and I think Hubby #1, but not DMA. DMA only lasted two years and adopted the kids.

Just to go ahead and make the jump to a conclusion, she could have just been a beard. That would explain all this angst towards homosexuals.

So that would be two men willing and did, plus Fred.
IMO she should be dealt with using as much restraint as possible. She wants to be a martyr. Sending her to jail, impeaching her, or levying massive financial hardship via federal contempt fines would be sufficient ways to make her one. This will galvanize and boost the shrinking influence of the evangelical movement in our nation's politics. personally, I'd like to see them continue to slowly go away as they are now.

I'd go about appointing someone that could circumvent her office and administer the licenses as a proxy clerk if legally possible. Dock her pay slightly for refusal to perform her duties and move on. Watch her fade into the background and cut off the cries of religious persecution from the fundamentalists.

Her punishment will be her place in history as an enemy of civil rights. She will be in the company of the George Wallaces and Bull Connors of the last century and her kids will live with her tarnished legacy forever. In short, make her a goat, not a hero. Slowly squeeze her out without dramatic effect. Hate and vitriol in her direction will only galvanize her and her supporters.
(09-03-2015, 11:37 AM)samhain Wrote: IMO she should be dealt with using as much restraint as possible.  She wants to be a martyr.  Sending her to jail, impeaching her, or levying massive financial hardship via federal contempt fines would be sufficient ways to make her one.  This will galvanize and boost the shrinking influence of the evangelical movement in our nation's politics.  personally, I'd like to see them continue to slowly go away as they are now.  

I'd go about appointing someone that could circumvent her office and administer the licenses as a proxy clerk if legally possible.  Dock her pay slightly for refusal to perform her duties and move on.  Watch her fade into the background and cut off the cries of religious persecution from the fundamentalists.  

Her punishment will be her place in history as an enemy of civil rights.  She will be in the company of the George Wallaces and Bull Connors of the last century and her kids will live with her tarnished legacy forever.  In short, make her a goat, not a hero.  Slowly squeeze her out without dramatic effect.  Hate and vitriol in her direction will only galvanize her and her supporters.

I'm thinking they would have to pass a law to do that, which would involve lots of time and money. All that needs to happen, if I'm not mistaken, is for her current appeal to get ruled on. That would lift the current protection of her being fired for not performing the duties of her office, and then she could just be unemployed.
(09-03-2015, 11:43 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm thinking they would have to pass a law to do that, which would involve lots of time and money. All that needs to happen, if I'm not mistaken, is for her current appeal to get ruled on. That would lift the current protection of her being fired for not performing the duties of her office, and then she could just be unemployed.

Even better.  When the taxpayers are made to foot the bill for the legal process in addition to the salary of the special clerk (made necessary by the actions of Davis), then the the finger can be pointed directly at her, as she continues to remain in her position and enjoy her current standard of living.  Let her go down as a burden on the tax payer, not a hero to the cause.  

She knows full well that she's going to get the hammer at some point when an end comes to this charade.  She's banking on it.  It's guaranteed that she'll be a hero to the right and remain in the public eye for awhile.  I say don't give it to her.  Let her go down as a crybaby who wouldn't do her job.  Let her be an example of a special interest that becomes a drain on the public coffers.

To boot, the public will grow weary of hearing about her constantly as the legal process slogs along. Her 15 minutes will be long passed when a conclusion is reached and her calculated campaign for martyrdom will have failed.
(09-03-2015, 11:52 AM)samhain Wrote: Even better.  When the taxpayers are made to foot the bill for the legal process in addition to the salary of the special clerk (made necessary by the actions of Davis), then the the finger can be pointed directly at her, as she continues to remain in her position and enjoy her current standard of living.  Let her go down as a burden on the tax payer, not a hero to the cause.  

She knows full well that she's going to get the hammer at some point when an end comes to this charade.  She's banking on it.  It's guaranteed that she'll be a hero to the right and remain in the public eye for awhile.  I say don't give it to her.  Let her go down as a crybaby who wouldn't do her job.  Let her be an example of a special interest that becomes a drain on the public coffers.

To boot, the public will grow weary of hearing about her constantly as the legal process slogs along.  Her 15 minutes will be long passed when a conclusion is reached and her calculated campaign for martyrdom will have failed.

That's the frustrating thing to me about a lot of these appeals or public official lawsuits. Taxpayers end up being the ones to suffer.

It's like in the other thread where a Georgia county was $200,000 or something for violating election laws. Who pays that? Taxpayers.

On the one hand it's fitting, as the taxpayers are the ones who voted the person into office. We're a representative democracy. If you don't vote just because there isn't anyone to vote for, you are getting the representation your lazy butt asks for. On the other hand, those who are trying to make their communities a better place still have to suffer along with the idiots.
pro Kim Davis sign outside the courthouse today

[Image: CN-4xC-XAAAJsX3.jpg]

http://abc7chicago.com/news/judge-orders-defiant-kentucky-clerk-to-jail-after-she-refuses-to-issue-marriage-licenses/968100/

Aaaaand... she's in jail.