Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Article on Palmer
(09-29-2015, 02:55 AM)J24 Wrote: I think it says a lot bout Palmer that this team got better without him.

Does it say a lot about Palmer that the Cardinals went 3 years without a winning season before he showed up and they're now one of the best teams in the NFL?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does it say a lot about Palmer that the Cardinals went 3 years without a winning season before he showed up and they're now one of the best teams in the NFL?

You can argue that but they also had a winning record with Drew Stanton.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:01 PM)J24 Wrote: You can argue that  but they also had a winning record with Drew Stanton.

Unlike the Bengals where absolutely 0 things changed other than Carson to Dalton? Ninja
Reply/Quote
The league/Oakland GM owes Hue an apology. Clearly he knew what Palmer was worth. Palmer is proving that this season. Heck, Palmer looks like we should have gotten two 1st round picks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If Carson was so wrong with his decision of leaving because of Mike Brown, it certainly isn't showing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/16480/why-the-cardinals-can-win-super-bowl-50

"Quarterback Carson Palmer: He is 16-2 in his past 18 games, the best record in the NFL over that time for a qualifying QB, according to ESPN Stats & Information. His last loss was 638 days ago, Week 17 of 2013. He also has been the best quarterback during that stretch, completing 64.4 percent of his passes for 4,962 yards, 36 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. Last season, the Cardinals were 6-0 with him, 5-6 without him (including the playoffs). Palmer is proving he’s a top-flight quarterback. He’s tied for the league lead in touchdown passes (nine) with Tom Brady and leads the league’s highest-scoring offense (42 points per game) with pure efficiency. He’s averaging 268 yards passing per game, completing 63.6 percent of his passes. “This is the healthiest he has been in two to three years,” Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. “With the nerve damage in the shoulder he had to change his mechanics a little bit, and then the knee. He is probably five years younger and he is in such great shape now that I don’t want to jinx him.”

Here's what I don't get from some of you guys, why is it if a player signs a contract with a team, they can release him at any time and thats not the team quitting on the player. Yet if the player feels all the work he's put in his whole life to succeed is in a place that will not allow him that opportunity is stuck? It works both ways in my eyes and as disappointed as I was with Carson leaving, I hold no ill will towards him. In fact I think his departure caused the front office to reevaluate its methods of operation over certain things. 

So its a win for Carson and the Bengals in the end. He is thriving in a place he feels is a great fit and the Bengals have received great draft choices for his departure and maybe...just maybe..making Mike Brown realize his stubborn decision making hasn't worked since he took over for the late great Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 09:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Most definitely.....as for the noodle arm part.....sure didn't look very noodle like Sunday....ask the Niners about it.

It didn't look very noodle like when he played the Chargers in 2010, either. You know, the Year of the Rainbows.

I have zero belief that Palmer's current level of play is anything more than another flash in the pan. It's been the story of his career. He will get injured for the 93480234th time and sit out for 9 weeks, or he'll take a few sacks and start getting the happy feet again, or his coach will put the slightest pressure on him so he'll sit on the bleachers with that miserable look of pure fear and impotence on his rosy face. Etc. al.

Guy's a joke and always will be. Glad he accidentally woke got Marvin Lewis to make demands on Mike Brown, but I can't wait to see the Bengals use their insider knowledge of CP's fragile psychology to destroy him again.
Reply/Quote
The only people who should get ripped for leavbing a job they don't like are elected officials and military personnel.

I guarantee that everyone here would leave their job if they hated it and were financially secure. The ones criticizing Palmer for doing it are just hypocrites.

I have a lot more respect for Palmer giving up the money when he walked away instead of coming back to the bengals nad half-assing it just to collect a paycheck.

*cough* Ochocinco *cough*
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only people who should get ripped for leavbing a job they don't like are elected officials and military personnel.  

I guarantee that everyone here would leave their job if they hated it and were financially secure.  The ones criticizing Palmer for doing it are just hypocrites.

I have a lot more respect for Palmer giving up the money when he walked away instead of coming back to the bengals nad half-assing it just to collect a paycheck.

Don't worry. I despised Palmer long before he ran off with his tail tucked between his legs.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only people who should get ripped for leavbing a job they don't like are elected officials and military personnel.  

I guarantee that everyone here would leave their job if they hated it and were financially secure.  The ones criticizing Palmer for doing it are just hypocrites.

Couldn't agree more with you. And why are the people that are so passionately defending Mike Brown also posting how horrible he is as an owner and GM?
Reply/Quote
Someone had to bring about the winds of change, and now Palmer is vilified for it here in Bengaldom. Typical for Jungle Noise. Im not surprised by the blow back from this. Most of those bashing Palmer now, were the ones bashing Brown 4 years ago, for letting it get to that point. The Palmer saga was a catalyst for some changes in the front office, it not only brought some good draft picks, but also a change in philosophy. Mike Brown will never admit it, but what happened with Carson was probably the reason why he started to step away, and let Katie, Troy, and Marvin make more decisions. Yes Palmer acted like a baby about it, but Mike Brown handled that whole situation horribly. As an owner who fills the role as general manager and pays him self accordingly, it was Mike's job to take damage control efforts over it. Obviously Mike didn't, and it was apparent that he took his steadfast not giving in approach. Palmer held out, and forced Mike's hand. Palmer won his war, people are salty, but yet we are a lot better team as a result. I don't get it..
Reply/Quote
I don't care about Palmer. He's long gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 08:40 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Every Palmer thread ever.

[Image: 640px-Resized_sound-of-music-meme-genera...c90b18.jpg]

Pretty much this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Amazing how personally some of you take these things.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Say what you want about Palmer and how things turned out for him, but I truly think that you can thank him for the way this team is run right now.

I have no doubt in my mind (from my own thoughts as well as some of the people I know that were associated with the Bengals at the time) that things weren't going to change. It took a move like that from Palmer to make Mike Brown concede the day to day decisions on this team.

I always loved Palmer when he was here. He saw the writing on the wall and had to make the best decision for himself. However, it did lead to some significant changes with the organization.
Reply/Quote
The hatred continues to grow for the "quitter"

Cant wait to see us beat him once again in the desert come November!

And oh by the way thanks for Dre and Gio....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals see him at the end of the season. I hope they don't as he'll have a definite chip on his shoulder. I'd rather they play Green Bay quite frankly. (Of course this is premature thinking they'll make the Super Bowl) Tongue

I mean, what franchise QB just up and quits on his team? That just doesn't happen. Things must have been pretty bad between him and MB. The fact that he didn't drag MB's name through the mud and provide a bunch of details says a lot about CP. The same goes for MB as well.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: If Carson was so wrong with his decision of leaving because of Mike Brown, it certainly isn't showing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/16480/why-the-cardinals-can-win-super-bowl-50

"Quarterback Carson Palmer: He is 16-2 in his past 18 games, the best record in the NFL over that time for a qualifying QB, according to ESPN Stats & Information. His last loss was 638 days ago, Week 17 of 2013. He also has been the best quarterback during that stretch, completing 64.4 percent of his passes for 4,962 yards, 36 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. Last season, the Cardinals were 6-0 with him, 5-6 without him (including the playoffs). Palmer is proving he’s a top-flight quarterback. He’s tied for the league lead in touchdown passes (nine) with Tom Brady and leads the league’s highest-scoring offense (42 points per game) with pure efficiency. He’s averaging 268 yards passing per game, completing 63.6 percent of his passes. “This is the healthiest he has been in two to three years,” Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. “With the nerve damage in the shoulder he had to change his mechanics a little bit, and then the knee. He is probably five years younger and he is in such great shape now that I don’t want to jinx him.”

Here's what I don't get from some of you guys, why is it if a player signs a contract with a team, they can release him at any time and thats not the team quitting on the player. Yet if the player feels all the work he's put in his whole life to succeed is in a place that will not allow him that opportunity is stuck? It works both ways in my eyes and as disappointed as I was with Carson leaving, I hold no ill will towards him. In fact I think his departure caused the front office to reevaluate its methods of operation over certain things. 

So its a win for Carson and the Bengals in the end. He is thriving in a place he feels is a great fit and the Bengals have received great draft choices for his departure and maybe...just maybe..making Mike Brown realize his stubborn decision making hasn't worked since he took over for the late great Paul Brown.

The answer regarding the contract is simple:

A player signs a contract to play for a specified period of time, unless he puts it in the contract, he MUST play out the contract.

The owner signs the same contract which states that the owner has the right to terminate the contract.

It's all in the contract.  The owner has the right by contract to cut the player in exchange for letting the player keep the entire signing bonus.  It's a 2 way street.  The player accepts the terms of the contract and gets the money up front.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 04:55 PM)corpjet Wrote: The hatred continues to grow for the "quitter"

Cant wait to see us beat him once again in the desert come November!

And oh by the way thanks for Dre and Gio....

It cracks me up that so many people hate him on here.  Back in the day people would complain about not signing guys to get the team over the top or upper management sitting on a pile of unspent cap money.  Funny how the QB complains about the same thing and he gets blasted.  He had the same complaints that the fans did, except he had the power to make the front office change.  Granted, he got traded because of it, but he did the front office to do some things a little different.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:42 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It didn't look very noodle like when he played the Chargers in 2010, either. You know, the Year of the Rainbows.

I have zero belief that Palmer's current level of play is anything more than another flash in the pan. It's been the story of his career. He will get injured for the 93480234th time and sit out for 9 weeks, or he'll take a few sacks and start getting the happy feet again, or his coach will put the slightest pressure on him so he'll sit on the bleachers with that miserable look of pure fear and impotence on his rosy face. Etc. al.

Guy's a joke and always will be. Glad he accidentally woke got Marvin Lewis to make demands on Mike Brown, but I can't wait to see the Bengals use their insider knowledge of CP's fragile psychology to destroy him again.

How can you hate the fact that Marvin Lewis is so free of accountability and hate Palmer for refusing to put up with Marvin being free of accountability at the same time?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 04:36 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Amazing how personally some of you take these things.

The whole thing reminds me of politics; two super-rich guys make business decisions for their own gains and the commoners take it personally and start fighting among themselves.
Reply/Quote