Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Article on Palmer
(09-29-2015, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unlike the Bengals where absolutely 0 things changed other than Carson to Dalton? Ninja

Well besides the 4 straight playoff appearances or the 4 straight years with 9 or better wins but hey it's whatever.

I don't hate Carson or any EX players.
But I can also say the last 4 years have not made me miss him one bit.
Reply/Quote
Somebody called Carson Palmer "noodle-armed." Maybe the first time anyone ever pulled that one out, and I just can't imagine anyone thinking that.

But trying to look at it positively, maybe it did help in the long run. Mike Brown was known to really, really like and respect Carson. When Carson walked on him, that may have been the catalyst for Mike to re-examine his way of operating, and produced the emergence of people like Duke Tobin, as Katy, Troy and Marvin began to run the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:31 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Well besides the 4 straight playoff appearances or the 4 straight years with 9 or better wins but hey it's whatever.

I don't hate Carson or any EX players.
But I can also say the last 4 years have not made me miss him one bit.

I must have missed the part where Dalton was throwing to a bored Chad Ochchostinko and an over the hill TO for the past 4 years. Look, the Bengals were a mere 1 season from an embarrassing first round collapse in 2009 when Dalton took over, so let's not act like we're seeing anything too terribly new for those 4 years.

You don't have to "miss" Carson, but to act like we just took the 2010 team and put Dalton in there and magically became good is unwise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I must have missed the part where Dalton was throwing to a bored Chad Ochchostinko and an over the hill TO for the past 4 years. Look, the Bengals were a mere 1 season from an embarrassing first round collapse in 2009 when Dalton took over, so let's not act like we're seeing anything too terribly new for those 4 years.

You don't have to "miss" Carson, but to act like we just took the 2010 team and put Dalton in there and magically became good is unwise.

yeah there are not many left from the carson era... not many at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:43 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Fun to see a lot of Palmer hate. Somethings never change.

[Image: rE1BmU9.gif]

Agree.. look at all the Dalton hate over last few years.. some people just have it out for quarterbacks... with that said.. i don;t think Palmer did a very good job in really explaining why he left.. the article did not come out that well for him either.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:56 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Well that's a no brainer. What team needs 10 quarter backs?

Can't make the leap, I guess.
Reply/Quote
I think it's pretty shitty of him to do this interview now, 4 or 5 years later, and act like he strong armed Mike Brown or something. He did nothing but quit and go home. He only got traded because Brown got a great deal. Then he cried his way out of Oakland.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 06:49 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think it's pretty shitty of him to do this interview now, 4 or 5 years later, and act like he strong armed Mike Brown or something.  He did nothing but quit and go home.  He only got traded because Brown got a great deal.  Then he cried his way out of Oakland.

Do you actually have any interest in learning what actually happened withe contract negotiations in Oakland, or do you just intend to repeat nonsense as if it were real?  Honest question.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 04:57 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals see him at the end of the season.  I hope they don't as he'll have a definite chip on his shoulder.  I'd rather they play Green Bay quite frankly.  (Of course this is premature thinking they'll make the Super Bowl)  Tongue  

I mean, what franchise QB just up and quits on his team?  That just doesn't happen.  Things must have been pretty bad between him and MB.  The fact that he didn't drag MB's name through the mud and provide a bunch of details says a lot about CP.  The same goes for MB as well.

I want to see him in the Super Bowl and give him something to really cry about.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you actually have any interest in learning what actually happened withe contract negotiations in Oakland, or do you just intend to repeat nonsense as if it were real?  Honest question.

Oh look it's Palmer's #1 fan, the guy who likes Palmer better than he likes the Bengals.  He left because he turned up his nose at $10 million (poor baby) from the Raiders and said he wanted to play for a contender.  So he forced his way out again.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:20 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Oh look it's Palmer's #1 fan, the guy who likes Palmer better than he likes the Bengals.  He left because he turned up his nose at $10 million (poor baby) from the Raiders and said he wanted to play for a contender.  So he forced his way out again.

[Image: Swing-and-a-Miss.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: Swing-and-a-Miss.jpg]

Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT

[Image: c-palmerfanjersey.jpg?w=153]
AP
From PFT:  
When owners and teams treat football like a business, media and fans shrug.  When players do, it’s regarded as an affront to the integrity of the game.
It’s not fair, but that’s the way it is.  And Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer needs to brace himself for that reaction as he tries to force his way out of Oakland.
It’s obvious Palmer wants out.  Two years ago, he finagled his exit from Cincinnati by feigning retirement.  The strategy looked to be a failure until Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell broke his collarbone and former Raiders coach Hue Jackson lost his damn mind, giving up a first-round pick and a second-round pick for a quarterback who isn’t the guy he used to be.
Now, Palmer is turning up his nose at $10 million from the Raiders, which sets the stage for the Raiders eventually to cut him — and for Palmer to play for someone else.
As Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports explains it, Palmer wants to play for a contender, even if it means being a backup.  (Cough . . . Seahawks and Pete Carroll . . . cough.)  Of course, Palmer won’t get $10 million to be a backup, but his willingness to walk away from football in order to get out of Cincinnati proves that he’d be willing to walk away from $10 million in order to get a shot at winning.
Palmer’s posture also reflects a belief that, despite the hiring of G.M. Reggie McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen, Palmer doesn’t see the silver-and-black bus getting turned around in the immediate future.  Otherwise, he’d gladly take $10 million to stay put.
The problem is that the Raiders currently hold all the cards.  With no seven-figure trigger in Palmer’s deal, the $13 million doesn’t become fully guaranteed until Week One, which means the Raiders can cut him much later in the offseason, if they draft a quarterback early — or if they eventually decide Terrelle Pryor can get the job done.  The only risk the Raiders are taking is that, if Palmer drops a dumbbell on his foot or pops an Achilles tendon in offseason conditioning drills or otherwise suffers a season-ending injury while on the clock, the Raiders will owe Palmer his full salary.
That could set the stage for a Steve McNair-style lockout.  Even without Palmer being barred from the building (which would violate the CBA), Palmer is making his second power play in two years.
When a team does it, we applaud.  Fair or not, Palmer should prepare for the jeers and the boos and the accusations of being a chronic quitter.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT

[Image: c-palmerfanjersey.jpg?w=153]

AP
From PFT:  
When owners and teams treat football like a business, media and fans shrug.  When players do, it’s regarded as an affront to the integrity of the game.
It’s not fair, but that’s the way it is.  And Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer needs to brace himself for that reaction as he tries to force his way out of Oakland.
It’s obvious Palmer wants out.  Two years ago, he finagled his exit from Cincinnati by feigning retirement.  The strategy looked to be a failure until Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell broke his collarbone and former Raiders coach Hue Jackson lost his damn mind, giving up a first-round pick and a second-round pick for a quarterback who isn’t the guy he used to be.
Now, Palmer is turning up his nose at $10 million from the Raiders, which sets the stage for the Raiders eventually to cut him — and for Palmer to play for someone else.
As Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports explains it, Palmer wants to play for a contender, even if it means being a backup.  (Cough . . . Seahawks and Pete Carroll . . . cough.)  Of course, Palmer won’t get $10 million to be a backup, but his willingness to walk away from football in order to get out of Cincinnati proves that he’d be willing to walk away from $10 million in order to get a shot at winning.
Palmer’s posture also reflects a belief that, despite the hiring of G.M. Reggie McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen, Palmer doesn’t see the silver-and-black bus getting turned around in the immediate future.  Otherwise, he’d gladly take $10 million to stay put.
The problem is that the Raiders currently hold all the cards.  With no seven-figure trigger in Palmer’s deal, the $13 million doesn’t become fully guaranteed until Week One, which means the Raiders can cut him much later in the offseason, if they draft a quarterback early — or if they eventually decide Terrelle Pryor can get the job done.  The only risk the Raiders are taking is that, if Palmer drops a dumbbell on his foot or pops an Achilles tendon in offseason conditioning drills or otherwise suffers a season-ending injury while on the clock, the Raiders will owe Palmer his full salary.
That could set the stage for a Steve McNair-style lockout.  Even without Palmer being barred from the building (which would violate the CBA), Palmer is making his second power play in two years.
When a team does it, we applaud.  Fair or not, Palmer should prepare for the jeers and the boos and the accusations of being a chronic quitter.

Didn't read, you're wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't read, you're wrong.

You didn't read it?  Too busy playing with your Carson Palmer bobblehead? 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You didn't read it?  Too busy playing with your Carson Palmer bobblehead? 

Listen, Don Rickles, you use Carson wanting out his Bengals contract to condemn Carson and then you use the Raiders wanting our of their Carson contract to....also condemn Carson.

Carson and the Raiders agreed to terms the Raiders asked him to change (because owners hold the cards) and he said no thanks, I'd rather not allow you to reduce my contract and remove guarantees to which you agreed earlier.  The Raiders didn't want to pay out Carson's contract so he asked them to trade him, and they did.  I can see how Bengals fans could get mad at Carson for leaving Cincinnati, but to act like he's a big cry baby for not allowing Oakland to renege on their contract with him is just self-serving crap.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Listen, Don Rickles, you use Carson wanting out his Bengals contract to condemn Carson and then you use the Raiders wanting our of their Carson contract to....also condemn Carson.

Carson and the Raiders agreed to terms the Raiders asked him to change (because owners hold the cards) and he said no thanks, I'd rather not allow you to reduce my contract and remove guarantees to which you agreed earlier.  The Raiders didn't want to pay out Carson's contract so he asked them to trade him, and they did.  I can see how Bengals fans could get mad at Carson for leaving Cincinnati, but to act like he's a big cry baby for not allowing Oakland to renege on their contract with him is just self-serving crap.

No, he strong armed his way out so he could "play for a contender" as PFT said above.   If the moron had gone ahead and played for the Bengals instead of leaving he would have gotten AJ Green to throw to.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 08:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: His story has changed so many times.

First, it was him wanting out of Cinci because he feared for his family because he had trash thrown on his lawn (didn't happen, by the way, per people in Indian Hill).

He never said that. It was just a totally made up rumor with zero evidence.

As for my take on Palmer...I have no issue with Palmer standing up to Mike Brown. If that's true, then kudos to him. That said, it kills me how many people still slobber all over him on here. He was as much to blame as anyone else for the disappointing seasons during his tenure. He was paid like a top 5 QB and he never was after 2005.

He's currently an Arizona Cardinal, so I'm indifferent to him. He (eventually) found a good spot, and Dalton has been a very good replacement. It was a good time for both sides to move on, so I'm glad it happened. Too bad Mikey (as usual) tried to stubbornly hang on when he should've been shopping him anyway...even if Palmer hadn't made a demand.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:42 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It didn't look very noodle like when he played the Chargers in 2010, either. You know, the Year of the Rainbows.

I have zero belief that Palmer's current level of play is anything more than another flash in the pan. It's been the story of his career. He will get injured for the 93480234th time and sit out for 9 weeks, or he'll take a few sacks and start getting the happy feet again, or his coach will put the slightest pressure on him so he'll sit on the bleachers with that miserable look of pure fear and impotence on his rosy face. Etc. al.

Guy's a joke and always will be. Glad he accidentally woke got Marvin Lewis to make demands on Mike Brown, but I can't wait to see the Bengals use their insider knowledge of CP's fragile psychology to destroy him again.

.....personal opinions on his psyche notwithstanding....anyone that's ever played a down in their life can tell, unequivocally, that the man's arm is far from "noodle" these days. He's actually looked good for the last two years, and has already taken his shots behind a rather porous o line.....but yeah, he left town.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No, he strong armed his way out so he could "play for a contender" as PFT said above.   If the moron had gone ahead and played for the Bengals instead of leaving he would have gotten AJ Green to throw to.  

Yes, I did read your article.  It says Palmer "turned up his nose" at $10 million to play for the Raiders but fails to mention his CONTRACT was for $13 million that season.  That article is biased crap that intentionally omits facts pertinent to actually understanding the situation in an objective manner.

The Raiders tried to back out of a contract, but you're ok with this for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, I did read your article.  It says Palmer "turned up his nose" at $10 million to play for the Raiders but fails to mention his CONTRACT was for $13 million that season.  That article is biased crap that intentionally omits facts pertinent to actually understanding the situation in an objective manner.

The Raiders tried to back out of a contract, but you're ok with this for some reason.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  But why did he do an interview NOW about Mike Brown?  The Bengals are doing well and have made a lot of good decisions.  The Cardinals are winning right now.  Why is he whining to a reporter? The writer makes it seem like Carson beat Mike Brown, and that's not what happened at all.
Reply/Quote