Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Game Ball
it's preseason for all of us, so no poll or nominees, just who did you like?

Personally I think that Shumur guy has Joe looking over his shoulder
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ossai definitely gets game ball. Hope his injury isn’t too serious.

Also liked Patrick and Evans.

Defense as a whole played really well aside from one drive.
Reply/Quote
Both lines played pretty well. OL gave up 0 sacks, and the DL had 4.

Ossai was obviously the standout, which is why the universe injured him.

Reply/Quote
Shurmur looked pretty bad, but I'm sure someone will point out at least one HOF QB who looked like total ass in his first game so meh.  Brett Favre...Brett Favre looked like total ass his first season.

There we go.  I like our kicker.  I heard when he kicked that one FG over the net it hit a drink in the crowd and spun the cap off it.
Reply/Quote
I’m also pretty sure McPherson can kick a football over them mountains.

Reply/Quote
Hodges (DE) on D and D. Smith (OT) on O looked real good.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'll give it to Shelvin. Can't sleep on 30 yds rushing, and it had a lot to do with him. Good first outing for the rook.
Reply/Quote
Ossai was great. He gets my vote.
Reply/Quote
I was really impressed with the defense in particular the front seven.
Joe Bachie stood out
Oassi stood out
Hodge and Bledsoe made some noise
Secondary was giving little cushion
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Amani Bledsoe had a good night I think. Between him, Cam Sample, and Hodge, the back half of the DL room could surprise in a good way.
Reply/Quote
I have to temper my expectations, but I think Shelvin’s performance is the most likely to translate to the regular season, but I have been very wrong before.

Ossai was impressive, sometimes preseason favors those who try hardest - regular season will be different story. But at a minimum, I am excited.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 12:39 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Ossai was impressive, sometimes preseason favors those who try hardest - regular season will be different story. But at a minimum, I am excited.

Eh, he beat Tristan Wirfs, who is one of the best young RT’s in the league. For his first game you really can’t get much better than that.

Reply/Quote
I'd probably go Jacques Patrick on offense and Ossai on D, but honestly, there were a lot of good performances on D. I don't think anyone's mentioned Trayvon Henderson yet, but he had a really good day.
Reply/Quote
Ossai gets my vote. I liked Bachie as well. Our third string D outplayed the 2nd string for sure--mainly in the secondary. Our defensive line in general did well.

I liked what I saw from WR Irwin. Evans played good at HB. I thought Perine sucked, and he fumbled away a great scoring opportunity--which lead to a score the other way. Mike Thomas played well despite his fumble.

Special teams played great. Gotta fix the turnovers on offense.

I was just looking at the results of the Vikings game (our first opponent). Drew Lock was 5/7 for 151 and 2 TDs against the Vikings defense. Their defense was terrible last year--could be an easy first opponent on that side of the ball. Their offense is a test for our D though.

Hope Ossai's injury isn't serious. If not for his injury, we faired pretty well in that respect. Ossai can be very valuable as our 3rd end in our rotation.

I wasn't too impressed by the young offensive lineman. Our backup QBs made some bonehead picks as well.
Reply/Quote
Hodge. He definitely earned an upgrade from third string to at least second string.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Very sloppy play by both teams.
Reply/Quote
As long as the wrist turns out to be nothing, I would go Ossai. Should be a good addition to the DL so long as he can stay healthy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jalen Davis gets some love too. Was involved in two of the ints.
Reply/Quote
Was at the game.... it all looked very impressive up close and personal. Couldn’t have asked for a better outing.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: it's preseason for all of us, so no poll or nominees, just who did you like?

Personally I think that Shumur guy has Joe looking over his shoulder

Even though the starters only played a short while, I have to give that game ball to Anarumo.  Tampa's elite offensive weapons didn't do dick against ANY of the Bengal defenses.  Hell, if Shurmer doesn't throw the easiest pick six in NFL history, they only score 7 points, and I think that was off a turnover as well.  
Reply/Quote