Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-10-2015, 06:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't tell them they can't play with certain toys.   But they are girls and they won't be trying to play football or wrestle.  That I can promise.  

I don't mind if they want to know the proper way to throw a football.   My girls are kinda girly and the most butch they get is Rythmic gymnastics and playing the violin.

Why?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
My son played with a doll once. Once.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 09:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: My son played with a doll once.  Once.

[Image: iQYcJLs.gif]
(08-11-2015, 09:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: iQYcJLs.gif]

Nailed it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-11-2015, 09:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Nailed it.

Liking shooting fish in a barrel.

Rock On
Here we go again, 99% having to conform to the 1%.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with having clothes and toys marked specifically for boys/girls. There was no need to spend money (which of course will be passed down to the consumer the majority) to fix something that was only a problem for a few people. If they wanted it fixed so badly, then get an estimate and let them pay for the redesigning of all of the stores.

We should be teaching children to celebrate their differences. Instead, we're confusing them even more.
The US is getting so full of spineless men. It's no wonder that Men and Women are flocking to a guy like Trump.
(08-11-2015, 11:05 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Here we go again, 99% having to conform to the 1%.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with having clothes and toys marked specifically for boys/girls. There was no need to spend money (which of course will be passed down to the consumer the majority) to fix something that was only a problem for a few people. If they wanted it fixed so badly, then get an estimate and let them pay for the redesigning of all of the stores.

We should be teaching children to celebrate their differences. Instead, we're confusing them even more.
The US is getting so full of spineless men. It's no wonder that Men and Women are flocking to a guy like Trump.

Here we go again, some anti-business liberal attacking a corporation for running their business the way they want to. 

Mike M and Bernie Sanders are ruining this country.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Here we go again, some anti-business liberal attacking a corporation for running their business the way they want to. 

Attacking a business for running it the way they want to isn't a problem.   When you ask the government to step in and change it, then you have a problem.

(08-11-2015, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Here we go again, some anti-business liberal attacking a corporation for running their business the way they want to. 

So you don't mind donating money to businesses to help them "get with the times" so that the majority aren't having to fit the bill? 
How generous of you and Rosie to do that.  The majority of us that don't flipping care about something so trivial, but yet we have to fit the remodeling bill for it thru increased prices or wage freezes, someone has to pay for it right?

Please show me how much money you have donated to businesses, to help them conform to your views, where you got nothing back in return?

No donations?? I get it, you're just a spineless loud whiner that won't shut up until the world sees everything the same way that you do. Problem is, you just whine/threaten with law suits to get your way instead of manning up and creating a means to help pay businesses to remodel. You just consider it an expense for owning a company (and an evil corporate one at that is a double bonus).
(08-11-2015, 11:32 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So you don't mind donating money to businesses to help them "get with the times" so that the majority aren't having to fit the bill? 
How generous of you and Rosie to do that.  The majority of us that don't flipping care about something so trivial, but yet we have to fit the remodeling bill for it thru increased prices or wage freezes, someone has to pay for it right?

Please show me how much money you have donated to businesses, to help them conform to your views, where you got nothing back in return?

No donations?? I get it, you're just a spineless loud whiner that won't shut up until the world sees everything the same way that you do. Problem is, you just whine/threaten with law suits to get your way instead of manning up and creating a means to help pay businesses to remodel. You just consider it an expense for owning a company (and an evil corporate one at that is a double bonus).

haha, did anyone understand this post?

(08-11-2015, 11:05 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Here we go again, 99% having to conform to the 1%.

I hate to break it to you, but you've been living in a world were 1% dictates to 99% since the day you were born.
(08-11-2015, 11:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: haha, did anyone understand this post?

Yes. He is stating that a business will be forced to spend money to remodel their shelves to be gender-neutral. He further asked were you or anyone that found the current state of the shelves "offensive" going to donate money to help cover this cost.

I didn't find it that complicated and there were not too many big words.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-11-2015, 11:32 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So you don't mind donating money to businesses to help them "get with the times" so that the majority aren't having to fit the bill? 

Come on man.  None of you all can truly believe that Target runs their business at the whims of others.  Companies such as Target/Walmart/Costco and other large big box stores have budgets that they create to remodel existing stores every so often.  If you think for a second this remodel didn't fall into sync with the existing schedule to do so, as well within the budgeted amount agreed upon years ago, well then you should stay faaaar away from making any business decisions for anything other than a mom and pop shop.  Even then I would argue you shouldn't.

Also if you even for a second don't realize that the company is attempting to maximize their profit by marketing all toys to all children, well then again you should reintroduce yourself to the last two sentences in my first paragraph.

This is such a non-issue it hilarious.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-11-2015, 11:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. He is stating that a business will be forced to spend money to remodel their shelves to be gender-neutral. He further asked were you or anyone that found the current state of the shelves "offensive" going to donate money to help cover this cost.

I didn't find it that complicated and there were not too many big words.

He suggested that I and someone named Rosie were spineless and wanted our views to dictate what target does.

I was confused as I never asked Target to do this.

Who is Rosie?

(08-11-2015, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He suggested that I and someone named Rosie were spineless and wanted our views to dictate what target does.

Who is Rosie?

I assume he is speaking od Rosie O'Donnell, as she has been outspoken of similar subjects in the past. I cannot be 100% sure; however, I was able to understand the message without fully knowing who Rosis is.

I just simply saw your cry for help and dumbed it down for you.

It appears SCS was able to crack the code as well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I'm not sure I understand where all this "being forced" business is coming from.

Did Target say they were doing it due to protests or some outside, irresistible force?

Otherwise they made a business decision and a few folks are bitching that Target caved to a few OTHER folks...even if they didn.t
There are people that are really upset about changing signage from "building sets" and "girl's building sets" to just "building sets", and switching the backing board colors from pink and blue to red and red?

Sorry....that's silly.

"How am I going to know how to buy a girl's toy now!?!?!?!?!"
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not sure I understand where all this "being forced" business is coming from.

Did Target say they were doing it due to protests or some outside, irresistible force?

Otherwise they made a business decision and a few folks are bitching that Target caved to a few OTHER folks...even if they didn.t

Apparently they're doing it because of myself and Rosie ODonnell. At least that's what bfine says Mike said.

(08-11-2015, 12:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Apparently they're doing it because of myself and Rosie ODonnell. At least that's what bfine says Mike said.

That makes perfect sense then.  Mellow
(08-11-2015, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He suggested that I and someone named Rosie were spineless and wanted our views to dictate what target does.

Who is Rosie?

You suggested that I and Bernie are ruining the country, so I retaliated in kind, so don't play stupid about Rosie.

Stores use overhead gender specific signs to help customers find things more efficiently in the stores. Because a few people have complained over 1 sign, now the majority of people that stop there will be have to waste time trying to find the correct aisles that holds the items associated to their kids.

Now who is going to pay for this?