Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-11-2015, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No it's not, there is a ton of sets out there that is already setup with the intent to be for boys. Girls lego sets are fairly new and there's not nearly as many out there. If Grandma's looking for the Hello Kitty set, does she want to have to scan through 2-3 aisles looking for it and then accidentally skip over it because there's only one set available and she just missed it on the shelf because it was put in between the Star Wars and Super Hero sets? Now she's got to find someone to help her, but that's embarrassing and the sales people are usually never around when you need one.

Or would it be easier for her to have the ability to go right to the aisle that she needs and know that it's somewhere on THIS aisle?

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT TOY THE KID WANTS, IT'S ABOUT HOW TO FIND IT.

LOL...Two to three isles of building sets....When was the last time you were in a Target.  This is not even remotely reality.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-11-2015, 02:34 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This is hysterical.  

Then educate me about how Retail works?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No it's not, there is a ton of sets out there that is already setup with the intent to be for boys. Girls lego sets are fairly new and there's not nearly as many out there. If Grandma's looking for the Hello Kitty set, does she want to have to scan through 2-3 aisles looking for it and then accidentally skip over it because there's only one set available and she just missed it on the shelf because it was put in between the Star Wars and Super Hero sets? Now she's got to find someone to help her, but that's embarrassing and the sales people are usually never around when you need one.

Or would it be easier for her to have the ability to go right to the aisle that she needs and know that it's somewhere on THIS aisle?

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT TOY THE KID WANTS, IT'S ABOUT HOW TO FIND IT.

So it's not inefficient to print two signs for the aisle the legos are in and put them next to each other?

Would it be inefficient to hang a second banner in this Best Buy under the "restrooms" sign that said "Girl's Restrooms"?
[Image: 3323833998_63a1099bb2_b.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 02:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So it's not inefficient to print two signs for the aisle the legos are in and put them next to each other?

Would it be inefficient to hang a second banner in this Best Buy under the "restrooms" sign that said "Girl's Restrooms"?
[Image: 3323833998_63a1099bb2_b.jpg]

Well if you don't how much time will he waste?!?!

Time is money!

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-11-2015, 02:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...Two to three isles of building sets....When was the last time you were in a Target.  This is not even remotely reality.

Friday, Yes there is at least 2 1/2 aisles (I'm including the Duplo, Mega Blocks, and all of the off brands).

Toys'R'Us has about 2 BIG rows that opens up into a big area that has 3 smaller aisles in between them (and that's just LEGO brand only). There's another 2 long aisles of the off brands.

Lego Land is also a very packed store and it's all broken up by Styles of Sets (what I mean by styles is Friends, Star Wars, LEGOLAND the Movie, Super Heroes, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Designer, etc).

LEGOLAND in Chicago was AWESOME! I took my son there and we spent almost all day there going to the various workshops and watching a movie in 4d.

SO I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about when I'm referring to Legos and off brands in stores, since that's the section that my son spends the most time in.
(08-11-2015, 12:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You suggested that I and Bernie are ruining the country, so I retaliated in kind, so don't play stupid about Rosie.

Stores use overhead gender specific signs to help customers find things more efficiently in the stores. Because a few people have complained over 1 sign, now the majority of people that stop there will be have to waste time trying to find the correct aisles that holds the items associated to their kids.

Now who is going to pay for this?

Corporations make every decision to maximize profit.  If you don't realize that then you are just naive.  

Your problem is that they are doing something that you do not agree with.  You think it is fine for you to force them to do business the way you want them to, but anything other than that is unacceptable.

No one is forcing Target to do anything.  They are doing this to increase their profit.  It is advertising that will attract people who like their decision.  You are just crying because the free market does not agree with you.
(08-11-2015, 03:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Friday, Yes there is at least 2 1/2 aisles (I'm including the Duplo, Mega Blocks, and all of the off brands).

Toys'R'Us has about 2 BIG rows that opens up into a big area that has 3 smaller aisles in between them (and that's just LEGO brand only). There's another 2 long aisles of the off brands.

Lego Land is also a very packed store and it's all broken up by Styles of Sets (what I mean by styles is Friends, Star Wars, LEGOLAND the Movie, Super Heroes, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Designer, etc).

LEGOLAND in Chicago was AWESOME! I took my son there and we spent almost all day there going to the various workshops and watching a movie in 4d.

SO I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about when I'm referring to Legos and off brands in stores, since that's the section that my son spends the most time in.

Why are you now talking about Toys 'R' Us and Lego Land?  I know why but I'd love to here your explanation of the use of fallacy.

Literally do you think it will be difficult to :

1.  Find the Lego's (they will all be grouped together) and labeled as such LEGO ISLE
2.  Use eyes to decide which ones you want for a girl or boy?

Guess what will also be done in those isles...Each Brand will be grouped together. OMG What?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-11-2015, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Why?

Because they are too busy dressing up as the frozen girls, playing with dolls, copying their mother, oldest plays violin and the youngest does Rythmic Gymnastics.

And besides there is no way they would be participating in a Mens sport. It's a safety issue plus We are raising proper girls.

And they should be celebrating the differences between boys and girls.
(08-11-2015, 01:52 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I only have a son, and have never had a difficult time figuring out what is girl stuff and what is boy stuff.

I envy you . It's not easy.
(08-11-2015, 02:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't realize girls only played with "girl toys".

You obviously do not have girls. They want to play with girl toys.
(08-11-2015, 03:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: plus We are raising proper girls.

Troll-lol-lol-lol-lol.

So when exactly are your girls going to be having this vagina and penis celebration?
This makes It worse for the aunts, uncles, people without kids, who are going to a party and need a present for a 6 year old girl. Loads of people are like this

I think target loses business. Hopefully it doesn't infect other companies.
(08-11-2015, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Troll-lol-lol-lol-lol.

So when exactly are your girls going to be having this vagina and penis celebration?

What are you talking about?  

Why would you go sexual with anything that I said?
(08-11-2015, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You obviously do not have girls.   They want to play with girl toys.

(08-11-2015, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What are you talking about?  

Why would go sexual with anything that I said?

Because I know the difference between boys and girls.
(08-11-2015, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Corporations make every decision to maximize profit.  If you don't realize that then you are just naive.  

Your problem is that they are doing something that you do not agree with.  You think it is fine for you to force them to do business the way you want them to, but anything other than that is unacceptable.

No one is forcing Target to do anything.  They are doing this to increase their profit.  It is advertising that will attract people who like their decision.  You are just crying because the free market does not agree with you.

You must really be naïve cause your statement is false.

Companies do not always make every decision to maximize profit. Sometimes they build good will with-in their community, or make charitable contributions to little leagues with the goal of nothing in return other than doing good things.

Research showed them that: people want the toys identified by Brand, Age and Gender (in no specific order). And that is how the set it up, until someone complained about it and made a big deal about something stupid because they felt offended.

The only thing I am forcing Target to do is KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Make it easy for me to find what I'm looking for or I will go elsewhere.

NO the weren't forced per say, but they were pressured into making a change that went against all of their research. They were pretty much put between a rock and a hard place by the internet trolls and their reaction was knee jerk.
(08-11-2015, 04:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You must really be naïve cause your statement is false.

Companies do not always make every decision to maximize profit. Sometimes they build good will with-in their community, or make charitable contributions, with the end goal not always directed at maximizing profits.

Research showed them that: people want the toys identified by Brand, Age and Gender (in no specific order). And that is how the set it up, until someone complained about it and made a big deal about something stupid because they felt offended.

The only thing I am forcing Target to do is KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Make it easy for me to find what I'm looking for or I will go elsewhere.

NO the weren't forced per say, but they were pressured into making a change that went against all of their research. They were pretty much put between a rock and a hard place by the internet trolls and their reaction was knee jerk.

Target would never do this unless they saw it as a good business move.

You just don't understand how business works if you do not understand this.

They are getting a lot of free publicity that they feel makes them look good.  It is all about profits.  
(08-11-2015, 03:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because they are too busy dressing up as the frozen girls, playing with dolls, copying their mother, oldest plays violin and the youngest does Rythmic Gymnastics.  

And besides there is no way they would be participating in a Mens sport.   It's a safety issue plus We are raising proper girls.

Rolleyes

Violin?!?!

You're letting them play music?!?!

I hope not in public where men could see them being passionate about something!

What the hell is a "proper girl"?  Lace and knowing her place under men?

If my daughter wanted to play a "boys sport" I'd have certainly allowed it.   I'd rather she develop as her own person that what you or I think of as a "proper girl".

Good thing you are sexist. Mellow
(08-11-2015, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What are you talking about?  

Why would go sexual with anything that I said?

Its not sexual.  Its about the parts.  its "celebrating the difference between boys and girls". ThumbsUp
(08-11-2015, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote:

Good for them. What's this have to do with how I am raising my kids? we are raising proper girls