Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-11-2015, 04:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good for them.   What's this have to do with how I am raising my kids?     we are raising proper girls

So are the parents in the videos.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-11-2015, 04:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

Violin?!?!

You're letting them play music?!?!

I hope not in public where men could see them being passionate about something!

What the hell is a "proper girl"?  Lace and knowing her place under men?

If my daughter wanted to play a "boys sport" I'd have certainly allowed it.   I'd rather she develop as her own person that what you or I think of as a "proper girl".

Good thing you are sexist. Mellow

There is a history of female professional violinists in my wife's family.

A proper girl is a lady.

And that's fine if you want your daughter to act like one of the boys . We want ours to act like ladies.
(08-11-2015, 04:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: So are the parents in the videos.

Well if they want their girls to be boys then that lets their business.
(08-11-2015, 03:54 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why are you now talking about Toys 'R' Us and Lego Land?  I know why but I'd love to here your explanation of the use of fallacy.

Literally do you think it will be difficult to :

1.  Find the Lego's (they will all be grouped together) and labeled as such LEGO ISLE
2.  Use eyes to decide which ones you want for a girl or boy?

Guess what will also be done in those isles...Each Brand will be grouped together. OMG What?

I brought them up because you doubted me about how many lego sets in the isles at target there is. I wanted you to understand that I pay particular attention to the Lego isles.

Again, I would have no problems finding what I'm looking for.

Can't say the same for my son's dear old grandma, her and people like her are going to have a harder time since they are not regulars in the toy isle and that there is soo many different sets to choose from. If it's not made easy, they will give up and the kids will get something else or a Gift Card for their BDay or X-Mas.

BTW When do you plan on educating us about what you know about Retail?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 04:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well if they want their girls to be boys then that lets their business.

Girls who play sports are boys?

I do feel sorry for your girls.  You seriously have a problem with women who don't fit your mold.

God forbid they every do anything a girl "shouldn't" do.
:snark:
(08-11-2015, 04:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's this have to do with how I am raising my kids?     we are raising proper girls

Please don't feed the Troll-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol.

He can't be serious with this one.  It is just another new way to stir the pot.

Not even Lucy is ignorant enough to  claim that it is "improper" for girls to play sports. 
(08-11-2015, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please don't feed the Troll-lol-lol-lol-lol-lol.

He can't be serious with this one.  It is just another new way to stir the pot.

Not even Lucy is ignorant enough to  claim that it is "improper" for girls to play sports. 

Mine play sports. What do you think Rythmic Gymnastics are? The other is into her violin .

There are plenty of sports to play. But I think it's important to compete with other girls. There is a reason boys and girls sports are separate. It's much more physical in boys sports. And I don't have girls built like a right guard so they would suffer.
(08-11-2015, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Girls who play sports are boys?

I do feel sorry for your girls.  You seriously have a problem with women who don't fit your mold.

God forbid they every do anything a girl "shouldn't" do.
:snark:

They have girls sports and boys sports seperate for a reason.

My youngest is more of the sports one. So she might want to play soccer or run track.

That's up to her what she plays. I will support any sport that all girls.
(08-11-2015, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Target would never do this unless they saw it as a good business move.

You just don't understand how business works if you do not understand this.

They are getting a lot of free publicity that they feel makes them look good.  It is all about profits.  

Again, not true, companies do things that you never hear about at all and they never expect a penny in return from it.
Tell me, how does Target benefit from offering illiteracy classes at local colleges? What about to the Veteran's Memorial Wall? Did you even know that did that?

I completely understand how business works.

Sometimes, but not all the time.
(08-11-2015, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You obviously do not have girls.   They want to play with girl toys.

The only little girl I know is my sister's goddaughter. She's a little brainiac and plays with building sets, science toys, and also "girl toys" too.

I didnt know building sets aren't for girls.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 04:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:
Mike M (the other one) Wrote:I brought them up because you doubted me about how many lego sets in the isles at target there is. I wanted you to understand that I pay particular attention to the Lego isles.

I know...It's a falacy called False Equivolance 

Quote:Again, I would have no problems finding what I'm looking for.

Neither will anyone else.

Quote:Can't say the same for my son's dear old grandma, her and people like her are going to have a harder time since they are not regulars in the toy isle and that there is soo many different sets to choose from. If it's not made easy, they will give up and the kids will get something else or a Gift Card for their BDay or X-Mas.
I'm sorry you think so little about your Grandma's mental abilities.

Quote:BTW When do you plan on educating us about what you know about Retail?

We all have been you are too obstinate to realize it.  I mean you literally feel it will be difficult to look for the building sets and then decide which one you want.  "You" being the general you that doesn't necessarily mean individually you.

BTW...LOL
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

It's too bad for Lucie, that I am forgetting the name of a major religion that really stresses separation of the sexes and raising "proper girls." It also has very gender specific clothing requirements, where it would be impossible to mix the two up. He should consider raising them that way. Seems to be similar to what he has been talking about.

It's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't recall at the moment. Ninja
(08-11-2015, 05:23 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: It's too bad for Lucie, that I am forgetting the name of a major religion that really stresses separation of the sexes and raising "proper girls." It also has very gender specific clothing requirements, where it would be impossible to mix the two up. He should consider raising them that way. Seems to be similar to what he has been talking about.

It's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't recall at the moment.  Ninja

All them?   Tongue
(08-11-2015, 05:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: All them?   Tongue

[Image: wait-good-point_fb_1144675.jpg]
(08-11-2015, 04:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is a history of female professional violinists in my wife's family.  

A proper girl is a lady.    

And that's fine if you want your daughter to act like one of the boys .   We want ours to act like ladies.

It's fine if you want your girls to grow up a certain way, and it's fine if that's the lifestyle that you promote.  I won't tell you how to raise your children, but I hope you at least put some thought into things when one of them rebels and wants to do something that you'd traditionally consider to be a "boy's activity".  If you don't pressure them into conforming in the exact way that you want, I think you'll all be happier in the end.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 06:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's fine if you want your girls to grow up a certain way, and it's fine if that's the lifestyle that you promote.  I won't tell you how to raise your children, but I hope you at least put some thought into things when one of them rebels and wants to do something that you'd traditionally consider to be a "boy's activity".  If you don't pressure them into conforming in the exact way that you want, I think you'll all be happier in the end.

Idc if people want their girls to be boys or boys to be girls.    That's their choice how they raise them.
Not sure why everyone is judgemental, Its not like my girls are asking to play football.  They follow Around their mom and want to be just like her.   And I don't blame them, she is pretty amazing.   The closest they get to football is wearing  bengals jersey's and watching the games with me.    
I only said that I liked the organized way toys were spread out.  Made it easy to shop.   Now I have to root through 2x the stuff.    It annoys me that "thousands" of emails made these changes happen.    I didn't do loads of target shopping but I can promise that I won't be doing any shopping if it forces me to take longer to find what i need.    

Tammy Bruce has a nice debate on this earlier and brought up some good points .
(08-11-2015, 05:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The only little girl I know is my sister's goddaughter. She's a little brainiac and plays with building sets, science toys, and also "girl toys" too.

I didnt know building sets aren't for girls.

You obviously have not read anything that I have posted. Please let me know where I said people couldn't or shouldn't raise their kids as they see fit?
(08-12-2015, 03:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The closest they get to football is wearing  bengals jersey's and watching the games with me.    

Since when was torture considered good parenting?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-12-2015, 03:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You obviously have not read anything that I have posted.   Please let me know where I said people couldn't or shouldn't raise their kids as they see fit?

You did say that that...then said YOU were raising "proper girls".

Implying others were not. Also implying your girls are being formed to your idea of "proper girls".
(08-12-2015, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: You did say that that...then said YOU were raising "proper girls".

Implying others were not. Also implying your girls are being formed to your idea of "proper girls".

Yes I did. We are raising proper girls. obviously you don't understand what the definition of proper girls.

We are raising ladies, not women who you can have a beer chugging contest. While throwing down a pile of chicken wings .

Stop worrying about what is or isn't implied. How you raise your kids is up to you. I never made one statement about how others need to change their methods.