Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
(03-14-2022, 10:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: And it also gives us some draft flexibility and flexibility to go after guys who get cut. And some flexibility/competition in camp. 

If Linderbaum falls to us, take him, cut Hopkins, and let Karras play G and be the backup option at C. If Green or Zion Johnson fall to us, then play Karras at C and cut Hopkins and spend that $$ on cut down day. If we don't get a surefire starter in the draft, keep Hopkins at C & let Karras play guard. 

Ditto in camp. If Carman makes a huge leap and claims LG, great, move Karras to C. 

There yah go. Agree with all of this, that is what is so nice about the Karras addition. He is versatile and that was the very reason
I also wanted James Daniels. Karras is just more physical and I expected him to be back with the Bucs. This FA went better than I 
expected. I expected Daniels and Moses, as far as I know we can still get Moses or even better La'el Collins in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: And it also gives us some draft flexibility and flexibility to go after guys who get cut. And some flexibility/competition in camp. 

If Linderbaum falls to us, take him, cut Hopkins, and let Karras play G and be the backup option at C. If Green or Zion Johnson fall to us, then play Karras at C and cut Hopkins and spend that $$ on cut down day. If we don't get a surefire starter in the draft, keep Hopkins at C & let Karras play guard. 

Ditto in camp. If Carman makes a huge leap and claims LG, great, move Karras to C. 

Exactly, the Karras signing gives the team several options going forward.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm good with jumping from tier 17 to tier 2.

Joe concurs Joe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it, the more I hope we do go after Bozeman, and put him at C, with Karras at LG. I feel Karras is a better LG than C. Though he's a good player on a solid deal, and still an upgrade. So this won't make me lose any sleep at night.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:15 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: You can't coach 6-10, 380.

All that size is great, but that doesn’t mean the team should use a 1st round pick on him. He’s a developmental OT that won’t make an immediate impact. We can probably get a CB in that spot that can step right in and play across from Chido immediately.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All that size is great, but that doesn’t mean the team should use a 1st round pick on him. He’s a developmental OT that won’t make an immediate impact. We can probably get a CB in that spot that can step right in and play across from Chido immediately.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We just lost a Super Bowl and our intention is to get back. I don't want to see picks spent on developmental players. I want players that can instantly contribute and help the Bengals win it all.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:29 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

We just lost a Super Bowl and our intention is to get back. I don't want to see picks spent on developmental players. I want players that can instantly contribute and help the Bengals win it all.

I find myself really wishing they would announce a QB signing to replace Allen. (not that I think it will happen)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I find myself really wishing they would announce a QB signing to replace Allen. (not that I think it will happen)

I've also been, perhaps oddly, intrigued by who will play backup QB. I suppose the options are: Allen returns, a similarly cheap vet, practice squad guy, or late round draft pick to develop a long-time backup?
Reply/Quote