Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras
(03-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: overall kinda disappointed.  budget mid tier signings off the rip

You don't need all-pros across the line (plus they're too expensive). A bunch of Williams/Reif guys can more than get the job done. They've clearly upgraded the line within the first couple hours of this thing. There is zero to be disappointed about. I'm honestly shocked they've moved this fast.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: At #31, I'm thinking DT Travis Jones-Connecticut, or CB Roger McCreary-Auburn at #1, and then at #63 OT-Daniel Faalele-Minnesota or OT-Jarmee Salyer Georgia.

You have done some impressive homework. I have been a big fan of Daniel Faalele for a couple years now. He’s ginormous.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We get a decent RT and I’ll be a happy man.

We did.....Alex Cappa!!!!
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Both of these are top 25 G in Karras case maybe a top 12 C if we move on from Hopkins. Easily both are better than Spain or Hopkins. This is what good teams do spend smart. I feel like i'm living in a alternate universe

This past year Karras had his best career. Hopefully that's what we get going forward.

I could see scenarios where his play is equal to Hopkins play (both good and bad). I could also see him being an upgrade to Hopkins. Time will tell.

But, yes I like the signing. I like that they went out and signed 2 guys on Day 1. That means they targeted these guys.
Reply/Quote
They are sticking with their theme or guys from winning organizations.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: overall kinda disappointed. budget mid tier signings off the rip

Neither of these are “budget” signings. Cappa would have been a top 10 paid OG in 2021 with what we just gave him.

Reply/Quote
This should make everyone happy.

Really like this addition.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if this ends up being a break even move cap wise, interesting that his per year is same as what we save cutting Hopkins..i.e. doesn't prevent us from other moves at all.

That has been my point for weeks now.  Hopkins will make 7.1million this year with a 6 million cap hit.  If you can sign someone else for close to the 6 million cap hit and improve the Oline your not adding to the cap.  You are replacing one player with another and upgrading the position at no additional cost.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't need all-pros across the line (plus they're too expensive). A bunch of Williams/Reif guys can more than get the job done. They've clearly upgraded the line within the first couple hours of this thing. There is zero to be disappointed about. I'm honestly shocked they've moved this fast.

Yes, you were preparing me for disappointment Rfaulk. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:40 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: We did.....Alex Cappa!!!!

He’ll play RG.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Goodberry seems fine with these moves tbh. 

(03-14-2022, 03:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He actually seems fairly happy with these pickups.

Only mentioned him because he's the ONLY Bengal guy on Twitter who has explicitly-written, "Tier2/3 players," which coincided with the poster's post.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: At #31, I'm thinking DT Travis Jones-Connecticut, or CB Roger McCreary-Auburn, and then at #63 OT-Daniel Faalele-Minnesota or OT-Jarmee Salyer Georgia.

Love Travis Jones also love Devonte Wyatt if we go DT.

McCreary could fall to our 2nd round pick with his poor forty yah never know.

Love Salyer, big no on Faalele that early, he is too raw and plays too upright. Tough for a 6'9" dude to stay low.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Only mentioned him because he's the ONLY Bengal guy on Twitter who has explicitly-written, "Tier2/3 players," which coincided with the poster's post.

Hey, tier 2 & 3 is a hell of a lot better than wtv Adeniji and Prince are in!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey, tier 2 & 3 is a hell of a lot better than wtv Adeniji and Prince are in!

I'm good with jumping from tier 17 to tier 2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
So when the Bengals cut Trey Hopkins, Ted Karras will be like a free pick up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:52 PM)Yogo Wrote: Immediate upgrade, but it feels like we getting tier/wave 2 guys on day 1.
Normally I'd agree with you because we'd either make one splash signing and act like it solved all our problems or overpay one or two guys and act like they're franchise saviors, but (1) we don't need tier one guys(!), and (2) these are tier one guys compared to what we had! We don't want to miss out on getting guys that can improve our team and we were an offensive line away from winning a Super Bowl! Actually, even with a shitty line, we were our shitty line holding their blocks for one more second away from winning a Super Bowl! 
(03-14-2022, 03:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple no nonsense winners who have both won Super Bowls with Brady and are tough as nails. Neither is a Pro Bowl guy, but both upgrades from what we had. Especially Cappa over Adeniji.  

Will be interesting to see what the plan is for Karras, LG or C. Might depend on how the draft goes. If Linderbaum falls to us, then RG (edit, LG). If we take Zion Johnson or Green, then likely C. How the rest of FA plays out will impact things as well. Do we need to save Hopkins' $6 mil or not? Not so far.

RT still a major issue. DT becoming one with Ogunjobi gone, but no way we were gonna pay him $13 mil per year. CB & TE. We could shift towards our own guys soon.
I have a feeling we're far from done and we'll be able to address all of our problems. If nothing else, there's always a few surprise cuts post-draft and especially at final cuts, so I have faith that we'll be able to find a quality RT in the draft or free agency.
(03-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: overall kinda disappointed.  budget mid tier signings off the rip
How the hell are you disappointed?! We were one play away from winning a ring when our line was dog shit and we're bringing in upgrades........ we don't need superstar linemen here but we're making sure we improve the line and patch up our glaring weakness.
(03-14-2022, 03:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Mongo likes our offensive line signings.

Perhaps not home runs, but a singles or doubles for sure.
Our current line whiffed when they were swinging at balls on the t-ball stand, so a single is like a grand slam for us!
(03-14-2022, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Karras at Center better than Hop. Great grab, Karras was in my thoughts, younger than Ben Jones and Jensen.

I like how we are going after youth. Maybe Trent Brown next or a trade for either Collins or McGlinchey?

I'm so shocked at the moves that I'm not taking anything off the table. I wonder who else will want to come play here now that they see these moves we're making. I expect young guys who are excited to be playing with Burrow, Chase, and our other weapons will want to come here to be part of something special because we have to be the new favorite landing spot for free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm good with jumping from tier 17 to tier 2.

It's really all we ever wanted.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:42 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They are sticking with their theme or guys from winning organizations.
Its more than just winning organizations.   That's good and it matters to Zac/Duke.  But, these also seem like guys who 'are all about ball' and fit the locker room culture the players talked about this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes and they both improve the offensive line. Now there's no glaring hole at RG anymore

RT is the next position to be dealt with

I wonder if Faalele is our rd 1 target?? 
have to see if we sign someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wonder if Faalele is our rd 1 target?? 
have to see if we sign someone.
I’m predicting CB round 1
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote