Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bodine Witch Hunt
During a press conference about the Westerman pick Alexander had this to say after the third or fourth question about Westerman's ability to play Center...

Quote:
Do you think he could transition from going to guard to center though?

“I think he’s an inside guy. He can play both. Are you guys asking about the (Russell) Bodine witch hunt?

“Let me tell you about Bodine. Let me tell you about him. He’s better than (Clint) Boling was after 2 years (in the NFL). He’s similar to what (Kevin) Zeitler was. Zeitler didn’t start out all that great. And then I was talking to Whit (Andrew Whitworth) about (former Bengals center) Rich (Braham), and Whit said, ‘Don’t compare Bodine to Rich Braham.’ And I said, ‘Whit, Braham didn’t step on the field until his third year.’ This (Bodine) is a young player who’s playing with a bunch of veterans who are very good offensive linemen, and he’s the last one right now because he’s the youngest. I don’t care what anyone else says — I think Bodine is going to be a hell of a player.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Draft-Rd-5-News-Conference-Transcript/e86bcb21-c5bd-4f28-b78f-b7064f96c953
Reply/Quote
i love Alexander.. old school and does not pull any punches...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This shows precisely why we need a new OL coach.

He is not open to criticism of the biggest weakness on the team cause he is failing to bring him around.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This shows precisely why we need a new OL coach.

He is not open to criticism of the biggest weakness on the team cause he is failing to bring him around.

this is why you let coaches coach actually, they know alot more about players than we do, Alexander has done a solid job as line coach especially during our playoff run.... he knows Bodine better than anyone and im sure if he thought Bodine was so terrible as some make him out to be.. it would be different.  I will trust his judgement on Bodine and im sure if he does regress, they will start to look in a different direction
Reply/Quote
I think Bodine will be okay, AFC North is a rough division...with that being said, 1 more season under his belt will not be a bad thing for anyone on our front line 'cept Whit. Whit took a minute to find his fury, but when it happened, it was all downhill after that.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This shows precisely why we need a new OL coach.

What? Do you expect him to throw Russell under the bus?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: this is why you let coaches coach actually, they know alot more about players than we do, Alexander has done a solid job as line coach especially during our playoff run.... he knows Bodine better than anyone and im sure if he thought Bodine was so terrible as some make him out to be.. it would be different.  I will trust his judgement on Bodine and im sure if he does regress, they will start to look in a different direction

I have seen PA coach forever, don't give me this BS.

He calls it a witch hunt. This happens every year to the weakest player on the team and Bodine has not improved, at all.

(04-30-2016, 07:17 PM)BengalRed Wrote: What? Do you expect him to throw Russell under the bus?

No, i expect him to act like a professional and say...

Yes, Westerman can play Center and if he is the better guy, he starts. Cause he can and he is.

If we let Zeitler go and keep Bodine and put Westerman at OG there will be a real witch hunt.
Reply/Quote
There is always an ignorant portion of the fan base who insist they know more than our coaches.

justin Smith was a bust who would not even start on another NFL team.

Leon Hall wass too slow to play CB.

Whitworth could not handle speed rushers and needed to be moved to guard.

And so on and so on.

Bodine has not been a great player, but he is not a bad as some people here claim. I'll trust PAs opinion over any one else's here.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have seen PA coach forever, don't give me this BS.

He calls it a witch hunt. This happens every year to the weakest player on the team and Bodine has not improved, at all.

Yes, Westerman can play Center and if he is the better guy, he starts. Cause he can and he is.

If we let Zeitler go and keep Bodine and put Westerman at OG there will be a real witch hunt.

Letting Zeitler go would be a huge mistake. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like PA defending his boy. The thing that stood out to me is that it sounds like Whit isn't all that impressed with Bodine, judging from what was said. Surprising that PA would throw that out there. Seems PA is having to defend Bodine from his own players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Alexander can't accept that one of his guys may actually suck. If he had his way Ghuicic would still be snapping the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like PA defending his boy. The thing that stood out to me is that it sounds like Whit isn't all that impressed with Bodine, judging from what was said. Surprising that PA would throw that out there. Seems PA is having to defend Bodine from his own players.

Although I respect PA's opinion on players, i would also question his comparing Bodine to Braham.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:43 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Alexander can't accept that one of his guys may actually suck. If he had his way Ghuicic would still be snapping the ball.

Wrong.  He was all in favor of moving on from Ghiacuic.
Reply/Quote
Sounded like a guy being pretty defensive to me anf people don't get that way without a reason. So he believes in his guy. What place does that have in a news conference about a draftee?

Whatever PA may or may not be as a coach, he is undeniably a doofus.

And really, Paul, you thinking a guy could destroy a 60 year old fat guy means he can play in the NFL?

Doofus.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  He was all in favor of moving on from Ghiacuic.

Pretty sure he was defending him when he succeeded Braham, and he sounded salty when we went with Cook. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Letting Zeitler go would be a huge mistake. 

For sure and so would not letting there be competition at the Center spot our weakest position.

(04-30-2016, 07:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like PA defending his boy. The thing that stood out to me is that it sounds like Whit isn't all that impressed with Bodine, judging from what was said. Surprising that PA would throw that out there. Seems PA is having to defend Bodine from his own players.

Whitworth knows.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Pretty sure he was defending him when he succeeded Braham, and he sounded salty when we went with Cook. 

Pretty sure you are wrong.

Everyone was praising Ghiacuic the first year he played.  They were all giving him rep for holding up well against the big NTs in the AFCN back then.

But PA was not upset at all when we released him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have seen PA coach forever, don't give me this BS.

Bullshit is trying to know what coaches see everyday
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty sure you are wrong.

Everyone was praising Ghiacuic the first year he played.  They were all giving him rep for holding up well against the big NTs in the AFCN back then.

But PA was not upset at all when we released him.

He was butthurt when everyone was clamoring for Cook to start at Center. He got all defensive just like today. Im 100% sure I'm right because that exact situation is when I started hating Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He was butthurt when everyone was clamoring for Cook to start at Center. He got all defensive just like today. 

No one wasclammoring for Cook to start.  Cook was a nobaody that we had not even seen play when he rrplaced Ghiacuic.

You must be thinking of when everyone was wanting Trevor Robinson to start instead of Cook.
Reply/Quote