Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg?
(01-09-2017, 12:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Another what if????  Reality is Ben was already gone in 2011. How many teams do NOT suffer, but time, when their starting QB goes down outside of the Pats.

Same excuse being used since 2011 is getting old Weezy.

How many QBs from 1968 to 2011 won the last game of the playoffs for the Bengals? (That's the only win that matters, right?)

That' what I thought!

I'm confused.  Are you trying to say that Ben was done after 2011, that his game is in serious decline?  Because he has had a quarterback rating in the mid to high 90's each year, and was at 103 in 2014.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 04:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: They've still won some games with Jones though, and he is a steaming pile of dog shit at QB.

Thanks, that's all I'm saying. You take Ben away and maybe they're not a SB contender...but they're still a winning team IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:23 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I'm confused.  Are you trying to say that Ben was done after 2011, that his game is in serious decline?  Because he has had a quarterback rating in the mid to high 90's each year, and was at 103 in 2014.

I am saying that he was already drafted by Pittsburgh in 2004 and wasn't available to draft in 2011.

If we are going to play the 'what if' game, what if the Bengals had drafted all the players in the Pro Bowl this year?  That's how silly and insignificant the 'what if' game is.

Or, let's do this.  If the Bengals had not taken Green first in the 2011 draft, here's the QBs they could have selected, who would you have given up Green for?

(Cam Newton was taken first pick, first round)

Dalton
Kaepenick 
Gabbert
Ponder
Locker
Mallett
Stanzi
TJ Yates
Enderle
Tyrod Taylor
Greg McElroy

That's what I thought.

So they secure Green and for the second round, here are the QBs available, who would you have picked instead of Dalton?

Dalton
Kaepenick 
Gabbert
Mallett
Stanzi
TJ Yates
Enderle
Tyrod Taylor
Greg McElroy

Kap?  What does hindsight say about that choice?  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Steelers Organization from top to bottom has one goal, one vision, one thing that matters - winning.

The Bengals Organization at the top has one goal, saving money. Oh he would like to win but only if he can do it his way. We have a HC who plays not to lose. Accountability and discipline go out the window here and always will under this dysfunctional system. When you have a HC who can't get it done in 14 seasons and you bring him back for 15, you're beat right there.

That's the difference.

winner winner, chicken dinner :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers seemed to make a good hire for OL coach with Mike Munchak. Steelers OL used to be terrible (like their stupid towel), now it's actually decent. Combine that with a RB that is probably the most patient runner I've ever seen in recent memory and lost about 20-30 lbs to be quicker, and you have a winning team.
Antonio Brown is very good, but the Steelers don't have the same success without their improved OL and Bell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Exactly. 

People can talk about the organization and how its full of "winners" and blah blah blah all day, but it comes down to the talent on the field. 

The Steelers just have better players right now than the Bengals. Its that simple. 

Maybe they're committed to heavily investing in scouting/evaluation, training, advanced statistics, coaches and a winning culture?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:04 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Maybe they're committed to heavily investing in scouting/evaluation, training, advanced statistics, coaches and a winning culture?

Well, I *heard* that Mikey invested in an upgrade from the Lumina to an Impala.....and he's now springing for the Double Cheeseburger combo at Wendy's instead of the value menu when entertaining FAs.....Supeeeerr BooowwwZZZ!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, I *heard* that Mikey invested in an upgrade from the Lumina to an Impala.....and he's now springing for the Double Cheeseburger combo at Wendy's instead of the value menu when entertaining FAs.....Supeeeerr BooowwwZZZ!!!!

I truly believe if the Bengals should happen to make the playoffs next year, MB will extend Marvin, and MB will breathe a sigh of relief.

If not, I think MB will be on the fence with a puckered butthole, fearing that if he let's Marvin walk, that whoever he picks to replace will be worse!  I truly believe that fear is in the back of his mind.  Not even MB wants to revisit the 90s ... does he?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, I *heard* that Mikey invested in an upgrade from the Lumina to an Impala.....and he's now springing for the Double Cheeseburger combo at Wendy's instead of the value menu when entertaining FAs.....Supeeeerr BooowwwZZZ!!!!

You missed a couple of details in that story.  The "new" Impala is actually a 2006, but it does have low miles and power windows (the Lumina has the old crank style).  As for the double cheeseburgers... Wendy's added a double cheeseburger to the extra value meal, so lunch for him and any free agent candidates is still under $10 (the agent of course pays for his own meal).

By the way... does anyone know where we could find a Lumina emoji?? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:54 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I truly believe if the Bengals should happen to make the playoffs next year, MB will extend Marvin, and MB will breathe a sigh of relief.

If not, I think MB will be on the fence with a puckered butthole, fearing that if he let's Marvin walk, that whoever he picks to replace will be worse!  I truly believe that fear is in the back of his mind.  Not even MB wants to revisit the 90s ... does he?

Hhhhmmmmmm......depends on if he makes a profit? Hmm 

(01-10-2017, 03:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You missed a couple of details in that story.  The "new" Impala is actually a 2006, but it does have low miles and power windows (the Lumina has the old crank style).  As for the double cheeseburgers... Wendy's added a double cheeseburger to the extra value meal, so lunch for him and any free agent candidates is still under $10 (the agent of course pays for his own meal).

By the way... does anyone know where we could find a Lumina emoji?? LMAO

.....ah but I never said the Impala was new. ThumbsUp  You may want to check your sources on the double bro, I heard it was, in fact, Dave's Juicy Double, and not the double stack.  He had a shit ton of rollover money he needed to spend to hit the cap floor. LMAO

We MUST get a Lumina emoji 'holic! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hhhhmmmmmm......depends on if he makes a profit? Hmm 

.....ah but I never said the Impala was new. ThumbsUp  You may want to check your sources on the double bro, I heard it was, in fact, Dave's Juicy Double, and not the double stack.  He had a shit ton of rollover money he needed to spend to hit the cap floor. LMAO

Is it wrong that when reading "juicy double" the lyrics to Baby Got Back start going through my head??

I like 'em round, and big

And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
Now here's my scandal
I want to get you home
And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
I want 'em real thick and juicy
So find that juicy double
Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
Beggin' for a piece of that bubble
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:10 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Is it wrong that when reading "juicy double" the lyrics to Baby Got Back start going through my head??

I like 'em round, and big

And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
Now here's my scandal
I want to get you home
And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
I want 'em real thick and juicy
So find that juicy double
Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
Beggin' for a piece of that bubble

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO Good times!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO Good times!

It just happens to be one of my Brasilian wife's favorite songs, so... life does not suck!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hhhhmmmmmm......depends on if he makes a profit? Hmm 

How about this? [Image: Lp44oY4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:47 PM)Earendil Wrote: How about this? [Image: Lp44oY4.png]

That is awesome! 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:47 PM)Earendil Wrote: How about this? [Image: Lp44oY4.png]

(01-10-2017, 05:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is awesome! 

[Image: yes-awesome-oldschool.gif]

Reply/Quote
Here's one on a transparent background that would look better when quoted:

[Image: DRtUdGo.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:27 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Why are they winners? and why are we always the Losers?  Why, I just don't understand it.

After Paul Brown died, Maybe the Rooney Family is just smarter and better than the Brown Family when it comes to football.  I've heard it said Mike Brown is a very good lawyer type. The last person you would want to sit down with in contract negotiations. Still, maybe the Rooney Family is just better at Football than the Brown Family.  You do have to consider this as being possible considering The Rooney Family fields so many winning teams over the decades.  Could it be that the only true Football person in the Brown Family was Paul Brown who died in 1991, which is right when this franchise went from Super Bowls to the worst team in the NFL. Oh yes, The Bengals started playing better from 2003 on, which is why Coach Marvin Lewis should get more credit for the first winning this team did since Paul Brown died. Again, The Rooney Family may just be better at Football than the Brown Family without Paul Brown.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 06:33 PM)kevin Wrote: After Paul Brown died, Maybe the Rooney Family is just smarter and better than the Brown Family when it comes to football.  I've heard it said Mike Brown is a very good lawyer type. The last person you would want to sit down with in contract negotiations. Still, maybe the Rooney Family is just better at Football than the Brown Family.  You do have to consider this as being possible considering The Rooney Family fields so many winning teams over the decades.  Could it be that the only true Football person in the Brown Family was Paul Brown who died in 1991, which is right when this franchise went from Super Bowls to the worst team in the NFL.  Oh yes, The Bengals started playing better from 2003 on, which is why Coach Marvin Lewis should get more credit for the first winning this team did since Paul Brown died.  Again, The Rooney Family may just be better at Football than the Brown Family without Paul Brown.

When you say he's a good lawyer and good at contract negotiations...if the goal is getting the absolute lowest price then yes. But that comes at a cost...and that is alienating players and being perceived as a cheap franchise.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 06:33 PM)kevin Wrote:  Again, The Rooney Family may just be better at Football than the Brown Family without Paul Brown.

I don't think there's any "may" to it.  They're playing chess and Mike's playing checkers.  When your #1 concern is filling the family coffers, and any winning that takes place is just a nice bonus, then your on-field product is going to suffer compared to a franchise driven to on-field success.  I'll give it to the guy: with zero football knowledge he's secured a sweetheart stadium deal and amassed one hell of a fortune.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote