Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.07 Average
The NFL is absolutely scripted
(02-14-2022, 01:05 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That flag was awfully suspicious. They didn’t flag anything all night then suddenly they were inspired to flag the Bengals on a crucial play with no actual foul. I’m not saying it’s scripted or fixed but if that call didn’t get your hackles up a little you’re a bit too trusting.

I'm not at all a conspiracy theory guy. In fact, the polar opposite. But the call did get my hackles up. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly the worst part of that call on Wilson….the whole Rams o line false started…it stings.

I seen guys on both teams almost stand up before the ball was hiked and a couple times Donald looked to be lined up offsides and never got called
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:07 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: A lot of Bengals bettors are richer tonite while those who gave the points and took the Rams are lighter in the wallet.

Who cares?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:54 AM)bengals73 Wrote: The Refs are either all over every little play or non-existent.. Why did we never get an explanation from "New York" for any of those chicken shit calls at the end?

I felt like they missed a lot of calls tonight, including the Higgins OPI. When they finally decide to start throwing flags, they give Wilson the PI on one of the best coverage plays you could ask for out of a LB. Wilson made a textbook play. That was as ridiculous as the non-call on Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:08 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I seen guys on both teams almost stand up before the ball was hiked and a couple times Donald looked to be lined up offsides and never got called

He was offsides on the first 4th and 1 pretty far. The Wilson call was a make up from the mugging the play before but make up calls in that moment are tough to swallow based on how the officiated all night.
Reply/Quote
If they would have called more holding on Ramsey all night, I would have been ok with the ones at the end, but not calling anything until that point, just seemed weird to me
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:05 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm not a fan of "even it out" calls, especially on third and goal with under two to go in the Superbowl.  Shame on that ref.  We probably win without that silly flag.

I'm not a fan of them, either, but there was no way the NFL could allow a no call on something that ridiculously blatant to stand as the game winning score.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:09 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was offsides on the first 4th and 1 pretty far. The Wilson call was a make up from the mugging the play before but make up calls in that moment are tough to swallow based on how the officiated all night.

You simply don't call a "makeup call" on third and goal in the Superbowl with time running down.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: This place is going to be unbearable for the next month.

As opposed to any other time?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:12 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not a fan of them, either, but there was no way the NFL could allow a no call on something that ridiculously blatant to stand as the game winning score.

SO, what your saying then is that Goodell's Football League is somewhat rigged?   You don't correct one missed call by making up a fictitious call on third and goal with time winding down.  If what you say is true, there is some rigging going on.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:09 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Who cares?

What’s your point?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:11 AM)sloSTI Wrote: If they would have called more holding on Ramsey all night, I would have been ok with the ones at the end, but not calling anything until that point, just seemed weird to me

"Weird" is an apt description. I agree with that term. Just seemed weird.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals benefitted from one non call. Meanwhile the Rams:

1) No call on Ramsey literally grabbing Tee's jersey - directly cost us 4 points.

2) Donald runs out of bounds and attacks a player - no PF flag and in fact most of the time doing that is flagrant and an ejection.

3) Phantom defensive flag to offset the hold late in the 4th

4) The phantom PI on Wilson

5) The incredibly bad spot of Perine's run turning 4th and inches into 4th and 2.

A lot of these happened late in the 4th. whether you believe rigging is real to have so many occur - and ALL favoring the Rams - made it really feel like the league gave the refs directions about the outcome and the betting line.
Reply/Quote
The call was a homer ridiculous call they didn’t make all day.

But our pathetic o line is why we lost, not because of one ridiculous call.

Team never should have been in situation where ref could decide game.

We had a great season. No one expected them to do this well. Kudos to entire organization.

But Mike and front office lost their shot at super bowl by not doing more to fix the glaring o line problem.

They didn’t fix it this year after Burrow was nearly killed last year but I hope they learned something tonight and stop being hard headed and do something this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:24 AM)Joelist Wrote: The Bengals benefitted from one non call. Meanwhile the Rams:

1) No call on Ramsey literally grabbing Tee's jersey - directly cost us 4 points.

2) Donald runs out of bounds and attacks a player - no PF flag and in fact most of the time doing that is flagrant and an ejection.

3) Phantom defensive flag to offset the hold late in the 4th

4) The phantom PI on Wilson

5) The incredibly bad spot of Perine's run turning 4th and inches into 4th and 2.

A lot of these happened late in the 4th. whether you believe rigging is real to have so many occur - and ALL favoring the Rams  - made it really feel like the league gave the refs directions about the outcome and the betting line.

I thought #3 was a helmet to helmet hit by Bell? But rest are spot on, and a few times Donald lines up offsides 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:16 AM)Science Friction Wrote: SO, what your saying then is that Goodell's Football League is somewhat rigged?   You don't correct one missed call by making up a fictitious call on third and goal with time winding down.  If what you say is true, there is some rigging going on.

If they let that stand as the game winning score, then the refs obviously cost the Rams the game.  By doing what they did, the Rams got their lead back and the Bengals still had a chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:44 AM)Trademark Wrote: That game should show everyone how scripted the league is, the refs literally call no flags until the last minute? Absolutely scripted, makes me not wanna watch anymore

It has to be, with how absolute dogshit the refs are. Pure corruption. People like to claim "human error" but if that was truly the case, we have the technology to fix it and eradicate 99.9% of it. But the NFL refuses. Because they like to be able to fix games. Plain and simple. It's beyond obvious at this point.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:05 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: if it was scripted, burrow and the bengals would've won. better story. 

True...the NFL rigging it for the Rams is like making a movie where the country club snobs with all the money and all the advantages win on their home turf.  How inspiring. 

Oh, and since the rich Rams won they get to turn the Bengals' recreation center into a strip mall.
Reply/Quote
I thought the refs did a halfway decent job. They didn’t call Ramsey when he grabbed Higgins’ jersey at the goal line, but they also didn’t call Higgins face mask on his TD.

The only issue I had was the Wilson call. That was bad. Still not as bad as the non-call on Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: If they let that stand as the game winning score, then the refs obviously cost the Rams the game.  By doing what they did, the Rams got their lead back and the Bengals still had a chance to win.

Makeup calls with under two minute on what should have been  fourth and goal  is bullshit refereeing, plain and simple.
Reply/Quote