Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New "Ginger Genius"
(08-16-2019, 09:05 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm just going to go ahead and put it all out there and leave it at this: My new AVATAR communicates my feelings on the matter perfectly.

As i put forward earlier, by all means, let's see what he can do with the ones for their last series game 3. Have the OL starters get some game time with each other with Finley at the helm game 4.
But I am 
much
Much
MUCH
more interested in seeing what AD can do under the new coaching regime.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 06:52 PM)Yogo Wrote: Wait, stats like a really good dink and dunk game manager equals a hopeful ceiling of Alex Smith.  We haven't seen him stretch the field yet.  Doable for a QB2 though.

Behind our pourus O-Line this is all either QB may have time for  #RunForYourLife
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds good. I wonder if he can top that 25 passer rating our starter put up against the starters last week. 

Gotta find a negative. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair, finding negative in a passing performance of 25 maybe just a little more warranted than finding a negative in a 115 passing performance. 

Not if we're talking a preseason game. A 25 or a 115 passer rating in the preseason means virtually nothing, even if said QB played the whole game, but certainly not if we're only talking about after a series or two.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not if we're talking a preseason game. A 25 or a 115 passer rating in the preseason means virtually nothing, even if said QB played the whole game, but certainly not if we're only talking about after a series or two.

OK
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 06:29 PM)McC Wrote: You seem a little cranky and maybe a bit passive aggressive recently.  You doing okay?

Hah. I’m good, my man. My sarcasm doesn’t always play.

But from reading the remainder of the thread, I find myself wondering if I should ask you the same question?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Hah. I’m good, my man. My sarcasm doesn’t always play.

But from reading the remainder of the thread, I find myself wondering if I should ask you the same question?

I will admit that I have reached my limit of seeing the same thing over and over again and my ability to ignore broken record bullshit has been recently compromised.  This is when I would typically stay away for a few days and come back refreshed at a later date.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Another year another good preseason performances that elevates our #2 or #3 QB to our future.

Pump the brakes guys.

This record has been skipping for about 12 years.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jordan Palmer
AJ McCarron
Jeff Driskel
Ryan Finley

Are all members of the ...... Should've been the starter preseason message board club.

Take the preseason for what it is.... a chance to see if guys can play period.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:27 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Another year another good preseason performances that elevates our #2 or #3 QB to our future.

Pump the brakes guys.  

This record has been skipping for about 12 years.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jordan Palmer
AJ McCarron
Jeff Driskel
Ryan Finley

Are all members of the ...... Should've been the starter preseason message board club.

Take the preseason for what it is.... a chance to see if guys can play period.
Well said. 

It's called snap judgment.  I believe it has a lot to do with the world we live in today, that we'll all probably be dead in ten minutes so we have to make up our minds right frigging now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Literally NOBODY ever pimped Jordan Palmer.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: OK

Wow. Your argument is so effusive and persuasive. How could I have never seen it any other way? I am literally humbled by the sheer beauty and logic of your response. The most beautiful aria sung by the greatest opera singer in history does not compare to your argument. I thank you for sharing it with us. Now, I must excuse myself as the tears in my eyes and the dullness of all the other posts on this forum makes it difficult to read. 

Adieu.

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally NOBODY ever pimped Jordan Palmer.

I dunno... I heard his brother took a cut of his checks while they were here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally NOBODY ever pimped Jordan Palmer.

This is false.

I was at the game where the fans finally turned on Fitzpatrick vs Baltimore and started chanting Jordan.

He came in and proceeded to throw a pick 6 in his first series.

The JP talk on the board flared up when Fitz wheels struggled.

So while technically not a preseason love fest still the fan base love affair with whomever was next off the bench.

Our fan base cheered when Ken Anderson was injured so they could watch the failure of the Throwing Samoan.
It's the nature of the beast.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:47 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno... I heard his brother took a cut of his checks while they were here.

Jordan got the last laugh with his movie bathroom app lol

Reply/Quote
Let's face it, Andy represents and is part of the Marvin era (mediocrity), entire career with Marvin is not going to wear off easily. Finley is from the Zac era. This is already giving Finley the advantage. If Finley keeps playing well, I can see some changes in our team considering Andy is in his last contract year I believe.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Let's face it, Andy represents and is part of the Marvin era (mediocrity), entire career with Marvin is not going to wear off easily. Finley is from the Zac era.  This is already giving Finley the advantage. If Finley keeps playing well, I can see some changes in our team considering Andy is is in last contract year I believe.

Andy has 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Let's face it, Andy represents and is part of the Marvin era (mediocrity), entire career with Marvin is not going to wear off easily. Finley is from the Zac era.  This is already giving Finley the advantage. If Finley keeps playing well, I can see some changes in our team considering Andy is is in last contract year I believe.

He's signed for the 2020 season too.  But the Bengals could cut him next year without eating any money.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 01:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's signed for the 2020 season too.  But the Bengals could cut him next year without eating any money.

This is what I was thinking about. And 2 yrs is better for trades possibilities.
Reply/Quote
I like Andy a lot. He really does gives us the best chance to be competitive, but if he is going to become a trade piece, Washington would be a good partner. I bet Jay would love to have him this year. Maybe a nice OT in return too.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 01:35 PM)Yogo Wrote: I like Andy a lot.  He really does gives us the best chance to be competitive, but if he is going to become a trade piece, Washington would be a good partner.  I bet Jay would love to have him this year.  Maybe a nice OT in return too.

I suspect that Gruden will be gone after this year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote