Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Case Offseason Scenario?
I can see this happening next year: Bengals void 1st overall draft selection by missing the deadline while vacationing in the ALPS again. A spokesperson for the Bengals alleges their phone connection was hindered by the unexpected high mountain altitude. Bengals spokesperson added nonetheless that their 2nd round draft choice made up for the missed 1st overall draft pick.
Hehe
Reply/Quote
Bengals win last 2 games. Dalton signed long term. Bengals lose AJ green but replace him with the 3rd pick in WR Jerry Jeudy from Alabama.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what the worst offseason scenario is, but not far down the road, not firing Taylor and his Dolphins castoffs after this disaster season, and hiring Riverboat Ron when he came available, may end up being another big poop stain on Mike Browns ownership. Its hard to say I mean Zac may end up being a great coach, but if the Brown family shocked the world and announced that ZT was gone in favor of RR next week, I think I would dance a jig. That said I hope ZT ends up a great coach.

I also hope we can sign a guy like Littleton. There will be competition for his services so it doesnt seem likely he would come here, but if he did there would be a lot of happy Bengal fans and what an upgrade it would be to our defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 03:23 AM)samhain Wrote: Worst offseason scenario in a nutshell is not having a coherent plan.  Hobson has said that the plan was to build around AJ.  That's a moronic plan, if still in place given his health of late.  

What's the goal going into FA?  DO nothing but sign marginal players and their own guys?  Does the new staff now get an opportunity to build around what they've seen on the roster in 2019?

Is the family still trying to conjure the glory of 2015, or are they acknowledging that a rebuild is underway?

Building off AJ? Yup, great plan. Same as building off Dunlap or Geno. Like I have said Mikey neither builds nor re-builds, he just exists. Draft players with your minimalist scouting staff and put as many on the field as possible. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 11:58 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bengals win last 2 games. Dalton signed long term. Bengals lose AJ green but replace him with the 3rd pick in WR Jerry Jeudy from Alabama.

Scary stuff! I can actually see something like this going down. Just secure the first pick today already.
Reply/Quote
Dalton's trade value is great if the team you're trading to is dead set against winning or wants to set new records for pick 6s.  Ironic though is there are teams who might believe he's better than his recent record indicates.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote