Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Titans Game
(01-17-2022, 01:47 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why don't we bring in Joesphi Ossai?

He tore a pec. That shouldn't prevent him from playing snaps this late in the season. He can't be any worse than someone we'd sign in FA this late in the season.

Just not worth it with how good he looked early.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:54 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Trevor Siemian - Career backup
Tyrod Taylor - Career backup
Mac Jones - rookie
Trevor Lawrence - rookie
2021 Ben Roethlisberger - washed up
Jimmy Garoppolo - The best QB on this list. And has his replacement already sitting on the bench.
Tua Tagovailoa - Disappointing. String of easy games kept the bust talk until next year probably.
Davis Mills - 3rd round rookie

Just to be fair they were missing Julio, AJ Brown, and Derrick Henry, or some combination of them for a ton of those games. Titans played 91 players this year which set a new NFL record.

They also beat Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Matt Stafford in 3 out of 4 weeks.

For whatever reason they’re notorious for playing at the level of their competition.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:57 AM)Titans2022 Wrote: Just to be fair they were missing Julio, AJ Brown, and Derrick Henry, or some combination of them for a ton of those games. Titans played 91 players this year which set a new NFL record.

They also beat Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Matt Stafford in 3 out of 4 weeks.

For whatever reason they’re notorious for playing at the level of their competition.

I didnt know those 3 guys played defense, I’m sorry my dude.

Forgive the sarcasm love to have other team fans around to chat, but this analysis was purely on someone saying you held QB’s in check the last so many weeks so I was merely showing what QB’s they even had to try to hold in check. Not one top half QB for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I didnt know those 3 guys played defense, I’m sorry my dude.

Forgive the sarcasm love to have other team fans around to chat, but this analysis was purely on someone saying you held QB’s in check the last so many weeks so I was merely showing what QB’s they even had to try to hold in check. Not one top half QB for sure.

Can only play the ones they put in front of you but no doubt they haven’t played anyone like Burrow in a long time. We held Mahomes (and the chiefs) without a touchdown the whole game. So they have the potential but I certainly don’t expect that Saturday. I love our defense but the Bengals just have so many weapons.

Thankfully Vrabel and team have spent a lot of time already scouting Cincinnati. I’m hopefully he’s got some good ideas lol. I think the key is getting pressure with only rushing 4. We don’t have a Maxx Crosby but I think we are much more talented across the front four as a whole. Hard to key in on one guy bc they all are very talented. Autry/Simmons inside and Dupree/Landry on the outside.

At the end of the day this is the division round of the playoffs, no easy games. Gonna be a long week, can’t wait for Saturday!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:11 AM)Titans2022 Wrote: Can only play the ones they put in front of you but no doubt they haven’t played anyone like Burrow in a long time. We held Mahomes (and the chiefs) without a touchdown the whole game. So they have the potential but I certainly don’t expect that Saturday. I love our defense but the Bengals just have so many weapons.

Thankfully Vrabel and team have spent a lot of time already scouting Cincinnati. I’m hopefully he’s got some good ideas lol. I think the key is getting pressure with only rushing 4. We don’t have a Maxx Crosby but I think we are much more talented across the front four as a whole. Hard to key in on one guy bc they all are very talented. Autry/Simmons inside and Dupree/Landry on the outside.

At the end of the day this is the division round of the playoffs, no easy games. Gonna be a long week, can’t wait for Saturday!

Idk what was going on with Mahomes during that stretch. I honestly thought the Chiefs were done when they were like 3-4? Or something to start the year. Maybe they just needed that time for their mostly new offensive line to gel? Then again their defense stunk too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:11 AM)Titans2022 Wrote: Can only play the ones they put in front of you but no doubt they haven’t played anyone like Burrow in a long time. We held Mahomes (and the chiefs) without a touchdown the whole game.  So they have the potential but I certainly don’t expect that Saturday. I love our defense but the Bengals just have so many weapons.  

Thankfully Vrabel and team have spent a lot of time already scouting Cincinnati. I’m hopefully he’s got some good ideas lol. I think the key is getting pressure with only rushing 4. We don’t have a Maxx Crosby but I think we are much more talented across the front four as a whole.  Hard to key in on one guy bc they all are very talented. Autry/Simmons inside and Dupree/Landry on the outside.

Nice classy post from a Titans fan. Cool Well said. You do have a good front for sure.

Ours is banged up especially if Hendrickson can't go cause of his concussion. 

Our starting DT's are good but our depth is a question right now. DL play will be essential.

Better get Burrow down though, he will burn you if you don't, great under pressure just the same as if he isn't pressured.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:18 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice classy post from a Titans fan. Cool Well said. You do have a good front for sure.

Ours is banged up especially if Hendrickson can't go cause of his concussion. 

Our starting DT's are good but our depth is a question right now. DL play will be essential.

Better get Burrow down though, he will burn you if you don't, great under pressure just the same as if he isn't pressured.

Trust me I know. I vividly remember him escaping several sacks last year when his oline were completely made up of backups lol. Clowney had him dead to right and still whiffed.

Thankfully our defense was horrendous last year and they prioritized it and it is much better this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:22 AM)Titans2022 Wrote: Trust me I know. I vividly remember him escaping several sacks last year when his oline were completely made up of backups lol. Clowney had him dead to right and still whiffed.

Thankfully our defense was horrendous last year and they prioritized it and it is much better this year.

Rock on, I think this will be a great game. Both teams are better than last year and Burrow is another level better.

The key will be stopping the run and I don't know how good we will be if all we have is Reader and BJ Hill.

These guys are damn good but after that I don't have a clue right now. These guys can't play all game, need some depth.

Mixon seems like he is worn out right now, but with Burrow all we need is a running game to keep the D honest.

Toss up game for me, but I like our chances with Burrow. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Offense - I think Mixon is too banged up and running game will not generate enough YPC to sustain drives. I would go 5 wide 80% of the time and do a short ball controlled passing game with occasional runs and deep shots. This gets Higgins and Boyd more involved, gets the ball out fast and reduces hits on Mixon.

Defense - Load the box. One safety deep (Bates playing CF). Play the run first, crowd the intermediate passes and make Tannehill beat us deep.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:47 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Why don't we bring in Joesphi Ossai?

He tore a pec. That shouldn't prevent him from playing snaps this late in the season. He can't be any worse than someone we'd sign in FA this late in the season.

1) Can't.  He'd have to have been on our initial 53 man roster. He was not. To keep open the chance he could come back this year, we'd have had to open up one of our 53 to getting claimed by someone else. We chose not too. Probably because the docs said the chances of him playing were virtually nil. 

2) He had knee surgery. Not a pec. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/26/22643550/joseph-ossai-injury-meniscus-surgery-trae-waynes-bengals-vikings-news
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:48 AM)Titans2022 Wrote: Long has been back the last 2 weeks and has an INT as well. Barring something in practice he’s good to go. The bye week was very helpful for the team obviously.

He plays with a means streak and prob my fav of your LB’s. I wanted us to draft him 2 years ago lol. Pretty incredible of your D to have played as well as they have with all of the injuries; especially in the secondary when both Molden and Hooker were still out too pre bye. Byard (along w Simmons) is one of most underrated defensive players in game. Super pumped for this game. Also, Thanks for not coming in here and being a dick.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 09:26 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: He plays with a means streak and prob my fav of your LB’s. I wanted us to draft him 2 years ago lol. Pretty incredible of your D to have played as well as they have with all of the injuries; especially in the secondary when both Molden and Hooker were still out too pre bye. Byard (along w Simmons) is one of most underrated defensive players in game. Super pumped for this game. Also, Thanks for not coming in here and being a dick.

You seem to know them fairly well, I agree on all!

I was at the game 2 years ago in Baltimore when the ravens where the 1 seed and we beat the hell out of them. Long was a big reason why, he’s very fast and smart.

Yea I’m not a shit talker or a troll. I feel like that always bites you in the ass.
Reply/Quote
Good morning football already picking the Bengals to win, admitting they give the Titans no love.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:02 AM)M.W. Wrote: Good morning football already picking the Bengals to win, admitting they give the Titans no love.

Meh. Hardly anyone picked the 49’ers AT Dallas and only 1/2 picked the Bills to win let alone a blow out.

It’s the playoffs. Anything goes.

It will be a good one.

No Larry or Hendrickson makes this scary to me.

We already have Defensive woes.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:01 PM)M.W. Wrote: Can't count them out for sure.
Maybe the officiating crew will allow the steelers LB coach to come out on to the field and antagonize the Chiefs defense until they react then penalize the Chiefs... It's possible.

Well I will say, we can count the Squealers out now. I was very wrong about it being a game with a minute to go.... 35-7 down weren't they at one point?
Reply/Quote