Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Scenarios w/Pats
A 2nd or a 3rd rounder for Dalton sounds about right. If Brady leaves, they will be desperate. Dalton is about as good
as anyone out there, Brees will Re-sign in New Orleans pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  He became a popular punching bag. And he was way too classy to every punch back....loved that he got that last win against Baker and the Browns...at least he went out on a win.  

Except when he accused us of not being “real fans” for wanting to lose and have a chance at a franchise changing talent at QB...

Pretty annoying if you ask me. Sorry I care more about the future of my team than helping him audition for his next one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A 2nd or a 3rd rounder for Dalton sounds about right. If Brady leaves, they will be desperate. Dalton is about as good
as anyone out there, Brees will Re-sign in New Orleans pretty damn sure.

I was really thinking a 2nd wouldn’t be that unrealistic, but the majority of people I’m seeing here and elsewhere think that’s not happening. I guess a 4th or if we’re lucky a 3rd, is more likely.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 05:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would think it would involve draft pick, maybe a 3 to 4 in this year or next year draft.

I think it will be a 3rd this year and if Andy plays well it may escalate to a 4th next year as well. If he doesn't pan out a 6th rounder. 

If the Bengals are smart they would take a 4th this year and next year pick either being a 2nd if Andy reaches the playoff as the starter or 3rd otherwise. That is how I would setup the trade for AD. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was really thinking a 2nd wouldn’t be that unrealistic, but the majority of people I’m seeing here and elsewhere think that’s not happening. I guess a 4th or if we’re lucky a 3rd, is more likely.

Still gotta reiterate if Brady leaves the Pats they will be really desperate it isn't like they have a Garoppolo there anymore.

Think Dalton could be a hot commodity in this case unlike for other teams.

One thing Dalton has is smarts, he doesn't turn the ball over very often and Billy cherishes this.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Luckily fantasy football only cares about stats, not whether a team wins or loses.

WhoDey2 I get that. You have to draft players to get you stats though. And as previously stated, if you aren't wearing stripes, I couldn't care less if you fell off a cliff... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still gotta reiterate if Brady leaves the Pats they will be really desperate it isn't like they have a Garoppolo there anymore.

Think Dalton could be a hot commodity in this case unlike for other teams.

One thing Dalton has is smarts, he doesn't turn the ball over very often and Billy cherishes this.

For real?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 05:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except when he accused us of not being “real fans” for wanting to lose and have a chance at a franchise changing talent at QB...

Pretty annoying if you ask me. Sorry I care more about the future of my team than helping him audition for his next one.

Wah  Violin
Reply/Quote
Saints Fan here. From a insider on our Forum. Coach Payton Told Loomis Our GM to go get Burrow. Guy that knows a team scout. Although it can all blow up and not happen there is almost a deal in place at least verbally. Mutiple ones and twos. And many future 3rd and 4th rounders. Kamara is in the trade which is a major piece from the bengals perspective. Other starters involved.in the deal as well. Bengals are trying to get Lattimore and thats one one player were not budging on so i thinks the snag right now. The source been pretty accurate on our board. Joe B is a hero here in the boot but man that seems like too much to me. What u guys think of a deal like that?
Reply/Quote
It would be funny to see Andy in NE winning a playoff game. I'm pretty sure NE doesn't put up with anything under a 10-6 season very well though.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:48 AM)Ernayesaints Wrote: Saints Fan here. From a insider on our Forum. Coach Payton Told Loomis Our GM to go get Burrow. Guy that knows a team scout. Although it can all blow up and not happen there is almost a deal in place at least verbally. Mutiple ones and twos. And many future 3rd and 4th rounders. Kamara is in the trade which is a major piece from the bengals perspective. Other starters involved.in the deal as well. Bengals are trying to get Lattimore and thats one one player were not budging on so i thinks the snag right now. The source been pretty accurate on our board. Joe B is a hero here in the boot but man that seems like too much to me. What u guys think of a deal like that?

Sounds like Saints fans are lusting hard after Burrow. That deal sounds wayyyyyy unrealistic and even dwarfs the Ditka proposal from back in the day (which we stupidly did not accept). Why would we want Kamara when we have Mixon and both are due for new contracts?

I did check this out on a Saints board and it seems that this "source" known as "Coach Pete" has some credibility over there and a good bit of those fans are buying this, even approving of it.....Or maybe they are just blinded by their epic bout of Burrow lust?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:48 AM)Ernayesaints Wrote: Saints Fan here. From a insider on our Forum. Coach Payton Told Loomis Our GM to go get Burrow. Guy that knows a team scout. Although it can all blow up and not happen there is almost a deal in place at least verbally. Mutiple ones and twos. And many future 3rd and 4th rounders. Kamara is in the trade which is a major piece from the bengals perspective. Other starters involved.in the deal as well. Bengals are trying to get Lattimore and thats one one player were not budging on so i thinks the snag right now. The source been pretty accurate on our board. Joe B is a hero here in the boot but man that seems like too much to me. What u guys think of a deal like that?

I think it's more likely that Saints and Bengals fans would resolve the Who Dey chant than it would be that the Bengals drop back 23ish spots so the Saints can take an Ohio native who is one of the best prospects of the last four years.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:35 AM)HuDey Wrote: Sounds like Saints fans are lusting hard after Burrow. That deal sounds wayyyyyy unrealistic and even dwarfs the Ditka proposal from back in the day (which we stupidly did not accept). Why would we want Kamara when we have Mixon and both are due for new contracts?

I did check this out on a Saints board and it seems that this "source" known as "Coach Pete" has some credibility over there and a good bit of those fans are buying this, even approving of it.....Or maybe they are just blinded by their epic bout of Burrow lust?

That very well could be true. The Purple and Gold glasses are thick right now. We have always been agressive in the draft. If we did do a deal like that. Have to overpay FAs and depend on UDFA to fill out a roster. I was thinking the same thing regarding Mixon and Kamara. I think a guy like Peat will be in the deal. Who is a pro bowler. Hes not garbage but he is no pro bowler. He can give u mid level starter reps at LG and low end starter reps at LT so there is some flexibility which ads to his value. Kamara got worn out and banged up this year. He is better in a sniper type role. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wah  Violin

Exactly what I thought about his comments.

Reply/Quote

Sounds like bs to me. We don’t need Kamara, we have Joe Mixon.

Reply/Quote
Our stadium looked like this all season...

[Image: EEh6s1nX4AEO3H5.jpg]

We’re not passing on Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
It will continue to look like that if they do not pick Burrow. Probably wouldn't change for a long long time
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:42 AM)Benton Wrote: I think it's more likely that Saints and Bengals fans would resolve the Who Dey chant than it would be that the Bengals drop back 23ish spots so the Saints can take an Ohio native who is one of the best prospects of the last four years.

Also havent figured out how to create a thread on yalls forum yet Lol. Any way to move this subject matter in its on thread. Im curious would like to see more opinions on this from the Fan Base. I do beleive the source. The Bengals may pass on it. But a deal like that will be on the table. We got Easton under contract. Mcoy on his rookie deal. Peat got a 5th year option and a franchise option. Im not familiar with yalls personel on the oline except the Bama LT that got injured. But im sure its not good. A deal like this can upgrade your o line over night.
Reply/Quote

Here are my "gut feeling" observations to your post:
  • New Orleans has excellent food.
  • From the Saints' perspective, keeping Joe Burrow in Louisiana makes sense and his style isn't significantly different from what Drew Brees does now.  He would almost seamlessly fit into your offense.
  • You have a general manager.  That must be nice.
  • Picks and players?  Intriguing.  The 1999 near-deal with the Saints and Mike Ditka only involved the Bengals receiving picks.  Picks and players might pique Mike Brown's interest a little -- but not much.  Look up "stubborn" in the dictionary and you won't find a definition, just a photo of Mike Brown. 
  • Including Marshon Lattimore in the deal makes sense because the Bengals are still weak in the secondary but trading Alvin Kamara to Cincinnati doesn't sound logical considering Joe Mixon is on the roster already.  This point makes me think the Saints' "insider" might be spreading unfound rumors.
  • Mike Brown loves a "bell cow" quarterback.  He didn't give up Akili Smith to New Orleans and he's very unlikely to give up Joe Burrow either.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:05 PM)Ernayesaints Wrote: That very well could be true. The Purple and Gold glasses are thick right now. We have always been agressive in the draft. If we did do a deal like that. Have to overpay FAs and depend on UDFA to fill out a roster. I was thinking the same thing regarding Mixon and Kamara. I think a guy like Peat will be in the deal. Who is a pro bowler. Hes not garbage but he is no pro bowler. He can give u mid level starter reps at LG and low end starter reps at LT so there is some flexibility which ads to his value. Kamara got worn out and banged up this year. He is better in a sniper type role. 

Peat makes much more sense than Kamara. Still, we need Burrow and it would take an insane deal for us to pass him up.

Think it would be dumb of us and would cost too much for you guys. Don't think this is going to happen.

Sure as hell hope not. I want Burrow in stripes.
Reply/Quote