Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-18-2016, 03:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It has to do with there are no boys in Girl Scouts.     Just as there are no girls in Boy Scouts.  

He may have been a scout .   But if he was then he was out of uniform.

Except this story proves that you are 100% wrong.
(02-18-2016, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except this story proves that you are 100% wrong.

The man at the time he said that didn't know.
(02-18-2016, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No the analogy is not correct because no one in their right mind would compare criticizing a Supreme Court justice for his rulings to being mean to a nine year old girl.

Support being mean to young girl........Always wrong.

Criticizing a Supreme Court Justice for his rulings.......Only improper immediately after his death and if communicated to people in mourning.

This thread does no harm to the little girl, just as the Scalia thread did no harm to his family; only the grown men that read it and take offense.

You opinion on which is right or wrong is irrelavent., just makes you hypocritical.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-18-2016, 02:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: looks like a scam.    Boy dressed up as a Girl Scout...   How is the guy supposed to know the boy is a transformer?

Still making fun of kids. Now I know why you like Putin so much.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-18-2016, 03:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Still making fun of kids. Now I know why you like Putin so much.

How am I making fun of kids?
(02-18-2016, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This thread does no harm to the little girl, just as the Scalia thread did no harm to his family; only the grown men that read it and take offense.

You opinion on which is right or wrong is irrelavent., just makes you hypocritical.

Okay let me try and simplify this for you.

The insult to the child was DIRECTLY addressed to the person who was offended and caused to cry.  Even you agree it was a disgusting thing to do.  Supporting this behavior that WAS communicated directly to the victim should never be the subject oif "a good laugh".

The comments I made in the Scalia thread were nvere directed to anyone in mourning over the loss of Scalia.  If someone had communicated those comments directly to people who were in mourning then I would agree that it was an improper thing to do and would never claim we should all have "a good laugh" over someone criticizing Scalia to the face of his grieving widow.

Your analogy fails.
(02-18-2016, 04:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How am I making fun of kids?

C'mon Lucy, you have to try better than this.

You are no fun when you get this lazy.
(02-18-2016, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon Lucy, you have to try better than this.

You are no fun when you get this lazy.

The only thing funny is how this story is even a story. The kid plays dress up and claims he is a transformer. He is a foster kid so maybe he is compensating for not having a family. Good reason to believe he has some mental illness going on there.

The kid has a potential mental illness and this guy could have thought he was being scammed. His reaction was priceless, it's a shame the boy cried he obviously has some issues and needs some counseling instead of others just propping up fantasy.
(02-18-2016, 04:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only thing funny is how this story is even a story.   The kid plays dress up and claims he is a transformer.     He is a foster kid so maybe he is compensating for not having a family.    Good reason to believe he has some mental illness going on there.    

The kid has a potential mental illness and this guy could have thought he was being scammed.    His reaction was priceless, it's a shame the boy cried he obviously has some issues and needs some counseling instead of others just propping up fantasy.

Like I said.  You need to try harder.  None of this even deserves an response.
(02-18-2016, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay let me try and simplify this for you.

The insult to the child was DIRECTLY addressed to the person who was offended and caused to cry.  Even you agree it was a disgusting thing to do.  Supporting this behavior that WAS communicated directly to the victim should never be the subject oif "a good laugh".

The comments I made in the Scalia thread were nvere directed to anyone in mourning over the loss of Scalia.  If someone had communicated those comments directly to people who were in mourning then I would agree that it was an improper thing to do and would never claim we should all have "a good laugh" over someone criticizing Scalia to the face of his grieving widow.

Your analogy fails.

Funny that you used 4 paragraphs to "simplify" 2 sentences.

Either you don't get that each thread only offended those that read it or you don't. Either way I'm done kicking this can down the road. 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-18-2016, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Either you don't get that each thread only offended those that read it or you don't.

That was not the issue.  Don't know why you can't get something so simple.

One thread was discussing a case where the disgusting action actually took place (child insulted to face)

One thread did not (no one in mourning for Scalia insulted to face)

I can see the difference.  I would never claim we should all have  "a good laugh" over someone insulting Scalia's widow to her face.

You are the one that fails to see the difference.  Instead of acknowledging the difference you just chose to support whoever is one your side of the argument.
Oh, for the love of god
(02-18-2016, 04:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said.  You need to try harder.  None of this even deserves an response.

Yes deflect away when someone uses logic.
(02-18-2016, 04:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How am I making fun of kids?

Calling the kid a transmission or transformer? Coming from a parent and a former teacher, it's pathetic. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-18-2016, 04:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only thing funny is how this story is even a story.   The kid plays dress up and claims he is a transformer.     He is a foster kid so maybe he is compensating for not having a family.    Good reason to believe he has some mental illness going on there.    

The kid has a potential mental illness and this guy could have thought he was being scammed.    His reaction was priceless, it's a shame the boy cried he obviously has some issues and needs some counseling instead of others just propping up fantasy.

I don't think this is hilarious at all because I can fell empathy and compassion. The kid obviously does have issues. The kid probably does need counseling. This treatment from an adult only exacerbated the problem. What happened to, "No, thank you"?
Going forward, I would encourage everyone to avoid using the term transmission or anything else along those lines. It's a derogatory term, and I appreciate everyone's effort in keep things civil.
(02-18-2016, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Calling the kid a transmission or transformer? Coming from a parent and a former teacher, it's pathetic. 

Gym teacher.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-18-2016, 05:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes deflect away when someone uses logic.

How would you know how I reply to people who use logic?

You just said it was "priceless" and worthy of "a good laugh" for an adult to make fun of a kid.  And if the kid has mental issues that makes it even worse.
(02-18-2016, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Calling the kid a transmission or transformer? Coming from a parent and a former teacher, it's pathetic. 

Pathetic is what you call people that are encouraging this behavior from kids/adults that have a GID, rather than getting them some help.

(02-18-2016, 05:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't think this is hilarious at all because I can fell empathy and compassion. The kid obviously does have issues. The kid probably does need counseling. This treatment from an adult only exacerbated the problem. What happened to, "No, thank you"?

(02-18-2016, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How would you know how I reply to people who use logic?

You just said it was "priceless" and worthy of "a good laugh" for an adult to make fun of a kid.  And if the kid has mental issues that makes it even worse.

What I find amusing is that most of you believe that transgendered people have mental issues but homosexuals do not??

Only thing missing from this thread now is a hetero-phobic comment from Nately.
(02-18-2016, 06:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What I find amusing is that most of you believe that transgendered people have mental issues but homosexuals do not??

Only thing missing from this thread now is a hetero-phobic comment from Nately.

Most of us do not believe this at all.  In fact only a few people on one side believe this.

All I was saying was that if you believe that it is a mental condition that makes it even worse to be mean to the child.