Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Transgender Sports- A Tough Question
(03-02-2016, 12:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Maybe
maybe you should move...

I don't coach high school sports any longer so I am not as concerned about corruption.    Also if my kids are into atheltics I will ensure they get enough exposure.    I don't need street argents.  

In 14 years of coaching I had 82 division 1 scholarship kids.    So I know the system and how to work it.
(03-02-2016, 09:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't coach high school sports any longer so I am not as concerned about corruption.    Also if my kids are into atheltics I will ensure they get enough exposure.    I don't need street argents.  

In 14 years of coaching I had 82 division 1 scholarship kids.    So I know the system and how to work it.

Ever try to get a boy to pretend to be a girl?  Just to win a sport I mean. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-01-2016, 05:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "Your" a wunderkind teacher and subject matter expert who doesn't have the time or inclination to use "you're" in a sentence correctly or teach us about this very important topic so we aren't uninformed and ignorant about this widespread corruption even though you have posted more than 1000 times more than anyone else?

Cool story, bro. No wonder you had zero incentive to do your best as a teacher. Obviously, you were a shitty teacher with that attitude. 

Look, kids, I don't have the time to teach you about kick ball. Do your own research on the Internet. 

I would explain if I thought for a minute you wanted a sincere discussion. To have this discussion you have to aware of several things.... Like college recruiting, AAU culture, and how it's handled at an elite level. Will this affect the farm school out in the boonies ? Probably not, but then again the best girls hoops team (for example) are all over the map city, suburb, or rural. Just depends on what state we are taking about as states all have different rules.
(03-02-2016, 09:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would explain if I thought for a minute you wanted a sincere discussion.    To have this discussion you have to aware of several things.... Like college recruiting, AAU culture, and how it's handled at an elite level.     Will this affect the farm school out in the boonies ?  Probably not, but then again the best girls hoops team (for example) are all over the map city, suburb, or rural.       Just depends on what state we are taking about as states all have different rules.

There are clearly a lot of people here who would like to know how in the hell you get a boy to go through gender reassignment surgery in order to somehow profit from girls sports.  

Lets start here.  What kind of money are we talking about?  To either the coach or the kid/family...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-02-2016, 09:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There are clearly a lot of people here who would like to know how in the hell you get a boy to go through gender reassignment surgery in order to somehow profit from girls sports.  

Lets start here.  What kind of money are we talking about?  To either the coach or the kid/family...

On AAU .... Easily 20k for starters. On top of any potential scholarship offers. That's just from recruiting payments. We haven't gotten to potential payments from splitting an adidas contract for instance. These are often paid 2x a year.

Now when we get into high school sports ..... Schools get uniforms, fields, weight rooms, gym floors, equipment, etc. even paying for 1 of these things seriously changed the financial situation of any athletic department. Just giving uniforms for all teams is a massive cost savings for example.
(03-02-2016, 09:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ever try to get a boy to pretend to be a girl?  Just to win a sport I mean. Mellow

Maybe.::. But for the kids who can't make the boys team or end of the bench. Maybe it's worth the risk to be the top dog. Dominate and make some cash .
(03-02-2016, 09:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would explain if I thought for a minute you wanted a sincere discussion.    To have this discussion you have to aware of several things.... Like college recruiting, AAU culture, and how it's handled at an elite level.     Will this affect the farm school out in the boonies ?  Probably not, but then again the best girls hoops team (for example) are all over the map city, suburb, or rural.       Just depends on what state we are taking about as states all have different rules.

(03-02-2016, 09:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On AAU ....  Easily 20k for starters.  On top of any potential scholarship offers.   That's just from recruiting payments.    We haven't gotten to potential payments from splitting an adidas contract for instance.  These are often paid 2x a year.    

Now when we get into high school sports .....   Schools get uniforms, fields, weight rooms,  gym floors, equipment, etc.    even paying for 1 of these things seriously changed the financial situation of any athletic department.   Just giving uniforms for all teams is a massive cost savings for example.

Has this ever happened?  
(03-02-2016, 09:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Has this ever happened?  

Loads of times.    Which parts are you talking about?

http://espn.go.com/magazine/guff_20020128.html

Here is an older article about corruption. I googled AAU corruption street agents .

This was one of the choices.
(03-02-2016, 09:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On AAU ....  Easily 20k for starters.  On top of any potential scholarship offers.   That's just from recruiting payments.    We haven't gotten to potential payments from splitting an adidas contract for instance.  These are often paid 2x a year.    

Now when we get into high school sports .....   Schools get uniforms, fields, weight rooms,  gym floors, equipment, etc.    even paying for 1 of these things seriously changed the financial situation of any athletic department.   Just giving uniforms for all teams is a massive cost savings for example.

So a college is going to pay 20K for recruiting rights?  I assume you're talking about womens basketball?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-02-2016, 09:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Loads of times.    Which parts are you talking about?

http://espn.go.com/magazine/guff_20020128.html

Here is an older article about corruption.   I googled AAU corruption street agents .  

This was one of the choices.

The part where a coach and / or the parents give their son hormone treatments and dress them as a girl just to get a scholarship or to get the coach more money.
(03-02-2016, 09:30 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So a college is going to pay 20K for recruiting rights?  I assume you're talking about womens basketball?

Elite level yes. It's mainly money from apparel contracts and that's how they funnel recruiting to particular schools. You can usually tell where a kid goes by seeing who sponsors their AAU team .... It will usually be a school with the same apparel agreement.
(03-02-2016, 09:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: The part where a coach and / or the parents give their son hormone treatments and dress them as a girl just to get a scholarship or to get the coach more money.

Well that question isn't really valid since it's now becoming a thing to let a _______ play high school sports. My point is that this will come when you allow this to happen. Corruption always looks for a way through.
(03-02-2016, 09:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't coach high school sports any longer so I am not as concerned about corruption.    Also if my kids are into atheltics I will ensure they get enough exposure.    I don't need street argents.  

Aaahhh, you're one of those corrupt coaches. 
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2008/05/21/commentary-aau-basketball-needs-an-overhaul/

Old article on the corruption .
(03-02-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well that question isn't really valid since it's now becoming a thing to let a  _______ play high school sports.    My point is that this will come when you allow this to happen.   Corruption always looks for a way through.

But you don't have to be TRANSGENDER in order to fake it just to get a scholarship or get the coach and school money.

So has it ever happened?
(03-02-2016, 09:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Aaahhh, you're one of those corrupt coaches. 

Did we have transfers? Yes. But that was mainly due to the fact we were able to get exposure for kids that other coaches were not.... At the time we were one of the handful of coaching staffs who were active in this endeavor. I only recruited 2 players to transfer In high school. One was a family friend who I was literally a father to the kid. And the other I have been close to the family since. Still keep communication with both kids and families today: Attended a wedding for one 2 years ago.

The fact you absolutely refuse to use "transgender" in a sentence indicates your level of sincerity. The fact you claim you picked an unrelated car part to refer to transgender individuals further indicates your level of sincerity. The fact you keep changing the basis of your argument indicates your level of sincerity. I am discussing this sincerely. Because I sincerely think you're ***** nuts if you think Nike will hand out big endorsements to coaches with boys pretending to be transgender girls. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. 
(03-02-2016, 09:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: But you don't have to be TRANSGENDER in order to fake it just to get a scholarship or get the coach and school money.

So has it ever happened?

Well according to the new policy you must claim ______ to get the benefit.  So I guess it's pretty much a given.

Without the new policy it would be a ridiculous lady bug situation. Which is my point.

So a little under 6 a year? Out of how many and in what sport? I mean, football is the most common men's sport for at least a partial scholarship at 1.4% of high school athletes so I am curious about your statistically improbable numbers.
(03-02-2016, 09:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The fact you absolutely refuse to use "transgender" in a sentence indicates your level of sincerity. The fact you claim you picked an unrelated car part to refer to transgender individuals further indicates your level of sincerity. The fact you keep changing the basis of your argument indicates your level of sincerity. I am discussing this sincerely. Because I sincerely think you're ***** nuts if you think Nike will hand out big endorsements to coaches with boys pretending to be transgender girls. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. 

Hey I tried to use non offensive terminology but your cry baby buddies decided to make a federal case out of it all.    

Yeah it Nuts to hand out cash to to coaches, players, and high schools when they can use that money to funnel the kids to their univeraity programs where they will make the most money I. Exposure of their product .  

And the first ______ to play girls basketball wouldn't be a huge television event or anything lol. Wonder what's that worth to have the swoosh on national tv and ESPN?

Just imagine a ______ doing a nuts in the face dunk on some girl with the swoosh clearly visible on ESPN to be played over and over and over and over lol. Yeah that's worth nothing lol