Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender vets now have a VA clinic
(11-12-2015, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: It always had a name...I can't find the image that showed it through time, but this will do:

[Image: PTSD.jpg]

It just wasn't always understood.

Good point.  Either way the amount of research and, as you said our understanding of it, has come a long way.  

Either way, I'm sticking by my original point as it pertains to Lucie's 'skepticism' of the nomenclature of gender / sexuality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2015, 04:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: It always had a name...I can't find the image that showed it through time, but this will do:

[Image: PTSD.jpg]

It just wasn't always understood.

It definitely wasn't always understood. Even today it is misunderstood by many. We focus on our service members that face this because they are disproportionately impacted at much higher rates than the general populous, but in truth it can happen to anyone. Some people tend to forget that, which really ignores the causes of it and leads to a lot of misunderstanding.
(11-12-2015, 04:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: But, we've made a lot of PROGRESS from completely ignoring PTSD's existence.  Hell, it has a name now.  Without nomenclature nothing can be achieved.  Denying or refusing to accept nomenclature is tantamount to stymying progress, which is Lucie's self-professed goal.  It's somewhat surprising he's accepted the existence of PTSD.  

Look at the attention Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) has received recently.  It is only by studying the brains of the deceased have we been able to discover the changes within the brain associated with repeated head trauma which affects the affect while living.
(11-12-2015, 05:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It definitely wasn't always understood. Even today it is misunderstood by many. We focus on our service members that face this because they are disproportionately impacted at much higher rates than the general populous, but in truth it can happen to anyone. Some people tend to forget that, which really ignores the causes of it and leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

Even I have to guard against labeling some who claim PTSD as malingering or "making it up."
(11-12-2015, 12:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gender is learned?  I never learned my gender and I doubt anyone else here has had to learn their gender.    

Of course please feel to let us know how it felt for you when you were going between man and woman as you learned your gender and figured out you were Patrick or Patricia.   Did you try both out?  Make a pro/con list?

Remember when you cried about target by labeling toys for boys and girls and said father teach their sons by taking them to brothels? Those are examples of how gender is taught. Every time you educated your daughter on how to "be a proper lady", you were teaching a gender role 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-12-2015, 06:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Remember when you cried about target by labeling toys for boys and girls and said father teach their sons by taking them to brothels? Those are examples of how gender is taught. Every time you educated your daughter on how to "be a proper lady", you were teaching a gender role 

So very true. The concept of gender roles is a big one in modern society with some stating that these concepts are what creates the inequality that is so engrained in our society between the genders.
(11-12-2015, 06:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So very true. The concept of gender roles is a big one in modern society with some stating that these concepts are what creates the inequality that is so engrained in our society between the genders.

BINGO.
(11-12-2015, 06:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: BINGO.

While you and I may agree, we are talking about the social sciences, here. Ninja
(11-12-2015, 06:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: BINGO.

Bingo is for women.

Go play bingo in the kitchen, you dumb woman.
(11-12-2015, 07:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: While you and I may agree, we are talking about the social sciences, here. Ninja

Double BINGO.

(11-12-2015, 07:16 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Bingo is for women.

Go play bingo in the kitchen, you dumb woman.

I have an open floor plan with no actual delineation between my kitchen and great room.  It really blurs the lines as to where proper women are allowed to congregate.  The room spectrum is confusing. 

(11-12-2015, 07:43 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Double BINGO.

I have an open floor plan with no actual delineation between my kitchen and great room.  It really blurs the lines as to where proper women are allowed to congregate.  The room spectrum is confusing. 

The only real answer here is to put pink backsplash in your kitchen so that proper women know where they need to be. Blue for the man's room, of course.

Anything else, and I can understand why people would be losing their minds in confusion as they entered your home.
(11-12-2015, 08:17 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The only real answer here is to put pink backsplash in your kitchen so that proper women know where they need to be. Blue for the man's room, of course.

Anything else, and I can understand why people would be losing their minds in confusion as they entered your home.

Thankfully I have a separate entrance for females that leads right into the kitchen, but you're right I need to come up with a better system.  Maybe implement a DMZ or something so these flakey broads don't sit there all liminal, starring at the ceiling wondering about what to do next. 
(11-12-2015, 03:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I explained it here

Based on the definition here.

I can only show you...I can't make you understand.

Rock On

So based on your first link where you explained . That it's not a conscience decision .... You then acknowledge that unconscience decisions make us into the people we are today. So being attracted to men or women is an unconscience decision that we make at some point in life.
(11-12-2015, 03:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: If we met in real life you'd think I'm probably to "Feminine" for your liking because of the way I live.

Yet I am a man.

The fact that you (still) don't understand the difference between "sexuality" and "gender" is no ones fault but your own.

Why on earth would I think you were feminine?

Because you help around the house? Not state why you think that makes you feminine.
(11-12-2015, 04:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I am acknowledging I don't know the etiology and I don't think anyone else does.  It is still an unknown.  You think it is a made up thing and I compared it to something else people still think is a made up thing.  Just something to consider. 

Mental illness is a major deal that's not even had the surface scratched. Now I don't know about this either but I think it's naive for us to say it's not possibly a mental issue .... What hurts to have these people go through couseling... After all this is a major life change . I think it needs to be more than just helping with transition and just co-sign whatever they want.

I wish we had more awareness on mental issues in this country. Usually only the vets get what little attention we pay towards this issue. It needs to be bigger.
(11-12-2015, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mental illness is a major deal that's not even had the surface scratched.   Now I don't know about this either but I think it's naive for us to say it's not possibly a mental issue ....  What hurts to have these people go through couseling... After all this is a major life change .  I think it needs to be more than just helping with transition and just co-sign whatever they want.  

I wish we had more awareness on mental issues in this country.  Usually only the vets get what little attention we pay towards this issue.   It needs to be bigger.

Now you want to help people.  Great.  Here is a great first step.  Stop belittling people.  Stop using stigmatizations and offensive terms when speaking on the subject.  Have some compassion for CHRISTS SAKE. 
(11-12-2015, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mental illness is a major deal that's not even had the surface scratched. Now I don't know about this either but I think it's naive for us to say it's not possibly a mental issue .... What hurts to have these people go through couseling... After all this is a major life change . I think it needs to be more than just helping with transition and just co-sign whatever they want.

I wish we had more awareness on mental issues in this country. Usually only the vets get what little attention we pay towards this issue. It needs to be bigger.

When people generalize entire regions, countries, political parties, people of the same sexual orientation, etc. etc., do you believe that could possibly be caused by mental illness, or is that merely due to lack of an education?
(11-12-2015, 06:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Remember when you cried about target by labeling toys for boys and girls and said father teach their sons by taking them to brothels? Those are examples of how gender is taught. Every time you educated your daughter on how to "be a proper lady", you were teaching a gender role 

She is still a girl even if I force her to do all boy things. She will not start calling herself a boy and demand to be called Nate. When my nephew visits she ends up doing boy things because she likes to play .

None of this means she is going to be a boy.

Now if we are talking about modeling .... What happened to a trans parents? What kind of modeling did they provide? Did they use toys meant for the other gender?

This could be an interesting discussion.
(11-12-2015, 06:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So very true. The concept of gender roles is a big one in modern society with some stating that these concepts are what creates the inequality that is so engrained in our society between the genders.

I do not know one single person who doesn't think men and women are the same in society. If anything they probably would say women are more important.
(11-12-2015, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do not know one single person who doesn't think men and women are the same in society.   If anything they probably would say women are more important.

Do you have multiple personalities, or is this a group-owned troll account?  Can someone look into this?  

Before you come here and post this shit.  Take a look at what you're buddy posted in the past.  

FOR **** SAKE