Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump, lets move on
Why may I ask does the name Donald Trump come up in every conversation about current politics ? Every single time something is said about how bad Biden is screwing things up you can bet your life the name Trump is coming !

That's all we've heard ever since Biden was elected, Trump, Trump, Trump. He's in the news everyday. Thousands of articles on the internet. I'm sick to death of hearing the name Trump ! He's gone, hopefully for good.

Just face it Biden and this current administration are horrible. Trump was horrible. But you can't make Biden be good by constantly using the Trump gauge.

It's like the Lewis/Dalton thing they're gone, get over it. Trump is gone. Lets judge Biden on Biden.

Rant switch off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trump is going to meddle in politics until the day he dies and even when he dies people are going to claim he faked his death and is currently secretly running the country or is disguised as the current president.

He's trying still to overturn the 2020 election, he's under investigation for various things, and he's currently the most likely winner of the 2024 election.  He is our political past, present, and future.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Also, I heard Mike Lindell is going to release info that will have Dalton returned to our starting QB by the start of the 2022 season and Burrow will be put in prison. 
Reply/Quote
There are several instances in which declared Trump supporters slam Biden over things their own guy did. In such cases, I find it quite appropriate to bring that up. It's not a deflection, but pointing out hypocricy.
Also, when someone, a certain someone for example, accuses Biden voters of mindlessly voting for an idiot, it seems fair to bring up what the only alternative was.

As for Trump being a thing of the past, I think that's an illusion as of now. He was declared done a thousand times now, from the Billy Bush bus up to the Capitol storm, every time there was the notion that this was it for him, and it never was. Every time he recovered, he has a devout and most influential followership with unwavering loyalty and hence he will not disappeear unless he wants to. He is still quite relevant, he still has large parts of the GOP acting on his behalf and begging for his endorsement, and he still is the most likely alternative to Joe Biden.

I would agree that this does not absolve Biden of anything. And imho it seems pretty much everyone says as much. I can't think of anyone who is a declared Biden friend.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why may I ask does the name Donald Trump come up in every conversation about current politics ? Every single time something is said about how bad Biden is screwing things up you can bet your life the name Trump is coming !

That's all we've heard ever since Biden was elected, Trump, Trump, Trump. He's in the news everyday. Thousands of articles on the internet. I'm sick to death of hearing the name Trump ! He's gone, hopefully for good.

Just face it Biden and this current administration are horrible. Trump was horrible. But you can't make Biden be good by constantly using the Trump gauge.

It's like the Lewis/Dalton thing they're gone, get over it. Trump is gone. Lets judge Biden on Biden.

Rant switch off.

As to Trump:  He never went away.  republicans running for office seek his endorsement.  He holds rallies regularly.  He is going to run for POTUS again.   

Trump was an abject failure as POTUS and thus comparisons to the current POTUS when he is criticized. He not only didn't understand norms...or laws...he thought he was all-powerful and could just do whatever he wanted.  Then refused to admit he lost.  He is still trying to convince states to overturn their vote results.

In short, he never went away.

Biden is so middle of the road it drives both sides crazy and they call him "horrible".

Yet he got an infrastructure bill passed.  He and NATO are working together to help Ukraine.  He actually got Mexico to agree to help fund border security and improvements.

Not sure if all that is "horrible" to some but it seems to me that he has managed to go into office and work within the system get some things done.  

And that's not to defend Biden as much as to say Trump will be the standard bearer every time a discussion of the office comes up.  After four years of a man-child in the oval office he deserves to mentioned anytime someone thinks it is somehow "worse" now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Also Trump being a one term president kicks the "move on" can down the road because he can run again, and anything biden does wrong can be framed as "coulda shoulda kept Trump."

Also if he gets primaried he still has the power and character to completely sabotage the 2024 election.

America is trying to move on from a psycho ex and wondering if he or she is going to show up at the wedding and make a scene. 
Reply/Quote
Dude is among the primary Republican candidates and can't keep his hand out of the headlines between his endorsements and temper tantrums.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:57 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Dude is among the primary Republican candidates and can't keep his hand out of the headlines between his endorsements and temper tantrums.

It's amazing that he could either be legally barred from running in 2024 or he could be our president in 2024. 

We've handed our most powerful political party to a maniac and we think we can just walk away on our own terms? 

Donald Trump's internet shitposting has more influence on our elections than the popular vote and like, 75% of the states. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why may I ask does the name Donald Trump come up in every conversation about current politics ? Every single time something is said about how bad Biden is screwing things up you can bet your life the name Trump is coming !

Rant switch off.

I was ready for him to go away before he announced he was running in 2015.  But as long as he is still out there screaming his absurdities followed by his loyal cult echoing his every word and crazy ideas coupled with cowardly Republican politicians afraid to cross him, he isn't going anywhere.

The best thing he can do for America is to be convicted of his Jan 6th crimes and then die of a heart attack on one of his golf courses for the world to see.  That won't stop us from dealing with the inevitable conspiracy theories about his death (after all, Ronny Jackson said Trump could live forever) but he will be gone.  Then if we are lucky the rest of the Republicans will implode as they fight to be Trump's successor and the worst of the cult will crawl back under the rocks they came from

Sadly, though, the reality is that he will haunt American politics for the foreseeable future and beyond because of the damage he has done to the American political system

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is going to meddle in politics until the day he dies and even when he dies people are going to claim he faked his death and is currently secretly running the country or is disguised as the current president.

He's trying still to overturn the 2020 election, he's under investigation for various things, and he's currently the most likely winner of the 2024 election.  He is our political past, present, and future.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Also, I heard Mike Lindell is going to release info that will have Dalton returned to our starting QB by the start of the 2022 season and Burrow will be put in prison. 

Gawd I hope not. I'm just so sick of hearing Trump,Trump, Trump every day. And for the record I pray Biden isn't reelected either. And stop it on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:19 AM)pally Wrote: Sadly, though, the reality is that he will haunt American politics for the foreseeable future and beyond because of the damage he has done to the American political system

Maybe the system deserves to be damaged. Imho, it is more responsible for Trump than Trump.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's amazing that he could either be legally barred from running in 2024 or he could be our president in 2024. 

We've handed our most powerful political party to a maniac and we think we can just walk away on our own terms? 

Donald Trump's internet shitposting has more influence on our elections than the popular vote and like, 75% of the states. 

Yeah and the people who are going to vote for him are the same shining examples of Americana that are saying Biden is too old.

It's amazing what a hate fueled imbecile can accomplish with a little financial backing in this country.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Gawd I hope not. I'm just so sick of hearing Trump,Trump, Trump every day. And for the record I pray Biden isn't reelected either. And stop it on Dalton.

Ok fine.  The Bengals used the pick on Tua but Hugo Chavez changed it to Burrow with a computer and we need to fix that moving forward. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:19 AM)pally Wrote: I was ready for him to go away before he announced he was running in 2015.  But as long as he is still out there screaming his absurdities followed by his loyal cult echoing his every word and crazy ideas coupled with cowardly Republican politicians afraid to cross him, he isn't going anywhere.

The best thing he can do for America is to be convicted of his Jan 6th crimes and then die of a heart attack on one of his golf courses for the world to see.  That won't stop us from dealing with the inevitable conspiracy theories about his death (after all, Ronny Jackson said Trump could live forever) but he will be gone.  Then if we are lucky the rest of the Republicans will implode as they fight to be Trump's successor and the worst of the cult will crawl back under the rocks they came from

Sadly, though, the reality is that he will haunt American politics for the foreseeable future and beyond because of the damage he has done to the American political system

I want Trump to go away as bad as I did Marvin Lewis, and that's saying something. I'm no Biden fan either though.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:34 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah and the people who are going to vote for him are the same shining examples of Americana that are saying Biden is too old.

It's amazing what a hate fueled imbecile can accomplish with a little financial backing in this country.

I don't think it's just "being old" with Biden. It's just that his mental abilities are clearly not there.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: As to Trump:  He never went away.  republicans running for office seek his endorsement.  He holds rallies regularly.  He is going to run for POTUS again.   

Trump was an abject failure as POTUS and thus comparisons to the current POTUS when he is criticized. He not only didn't understand norms...or laws...he thought he was all-powerful and could just do whatever he wanted.  Then refused to admit he lost.  He is still trying to convince states to overturn their vote results.

In short, he never went away.

Biden is so middle of the road it drives both sides crazy and they call him "horrible".

Yet he got an infrastructure bill passed.  He and NATO are working together to help Ukraine.  He actually got Mexico to agree to help fund border security and improvements.

Not sure if all that is "horrible" to some but it seems to me that he has managed to go into office and work within the system get some things done.  

And that's not to defend Biden as much as to say Trump will be the standard bearer every time a discussion of the office comes up.  After four years of a man-child in the oval office he deserves to mentioned anytime someone thinks it is somehow "worse" now.

I'm not so sure it's worse now ? But I do believe it hasn't gotten any better. To me a bunch of the top politicians in office now are so far detached from the reality of our everyday lives they simply put suck.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I want Trump to go away as bad as I did Marvin Lewis, and that's saying something. I'm no Biden fan either though.

Biden is more like a ho hum lifer in Marvin. Trump was like Mike Brown making his born rich 4chan loving brat of a great nephew the coach. 

He has no experience but he assures us he's going to hire the best coordinators. 
Reply/Quote
Because:

Until there is clearly someone else, there's Trump, past, present and future.

However, Trumps base is eroding.  Reading between the line, it is clear that the leaders of the Repub's don't want him and want him to go away.  A large number of Non-elected conservative leaders have gotten together and have written an open letter calling the election legitimate, asking the entire party and party leaders to move on.  His endorsement is not an automatic win any more, and a a matter of fact really doesn't appear to be swaying primary's, but certainly will cause voters to switch parties and vote in Democrats, because people fear and are tired of Trump's lies and those who spread them.

The way things are looking to me, especially recently, is that Pence is going to be the one to step up and steer the repub's from Trump.  Desantis is too Trump like for me.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Biden is more like a ho hum lifer in Marvin. Trump was like Mike Brown making his born rich 4chan loving brat of a great nephew the coach. 

He has no experience but he assures us he's going to hire the best coordinators.........and then ignores his coordinators, runs everything himself while running the organization into the ground.

Bold - Finished it for you.  You forgot the most important part.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:56 AM)Stewy Wrote: Because:

Until there is clearly someone else, there's Trump, past, present and future.

However, Trumps base is eroding.  Reading between the line, it is clear that the leaders of the Repub's don't want him and want him to go away.  No elected conservative leaders, have written an open letter calling the election legitimate, asking the entire party and party leaders to move on.  His endorsement is not an automatic win any more, and a a matter of fact really doesn't appear to be swaying primary's, but certainly will cause voters to switch parties and vote in Democrats, because people fear and are tired of Trump's lies and those who spread them.

The way things are looking to me, especially recently, is that Pence is going to be the one to step up and steer the repub's from Trump.  Desantis is too Trump like for me.

I could see Paul Ryan returning as well. 

Either way, everyone is going to be on the edge of their seat waiting for a Trump "truth" posted while he's on the toilet to throw the election into total chaos. 

He has the GOP by the balls.  They need his fan club to vote for "not Trump" in 2024. He knows this. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Biden is more like a ho hum lifer in Marvin. Trump was like Mike Brown making his born rich 4chan loving brat of a great nephew the coach. 

He has no experience but he assures us he's going to hire the best coordinators. 

Hilarious That's pretty good

Trump = MB Biden = ML

And for the record I've now put away 18 quarts of Bread and Butter pickles, 12 quarts of Dill. And 12 pints of Garden Relish. Just thought you'd like to know.  Tongue
Reply/Quote